Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 14 Ch. 136 - Half and whole

Sorry bois, I think with the help of the anime and this recent chapter, Kaname is my best girl. She’s just dangerously cute😳

Hi, just a friendly reminder that Tsukasa was out of character for the entirety of this arc, and that it was just a big waste of time:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/458968/10

Dex-chan lover
@hamma95 That is true, but i also think that this is very human of her. I mean, i have seen someone who is very straight forward and bold slowly become shy the more they now their partner and the more they accustomed to the situation. Like how it was easy to say thanks to your friend, but it was kind of embarrassing for some to actually thanks their parents even though technically, their parent's is closer to them then their friend. Why i use thanks as an example, it's because the mechanism is pretty similar.

The closer you are to someone, the more you tend to feel that you are entitled to what they do for you, which result in less gratitude you give them. The same for the giver, they feel more obligated and don't expect gratitude. In this case, It's the sense of obligation to reproach the feeling that she hasn't give for a while, the embarrassment of not realizing it sooner, and what seems to me the feeling of not wanting to be seen as ungrateful is what made her feel that it is hard to say it even though she used to say it easily. It is also what happen to Nasa at the start. He keeps recieving Tsukasa-chan's love without knowing how to reproach it, leading to the feeling to finally went critical and he finally do it. We are basically seeing the reverse of it and just like a normal human interaction, we will see it reverse again or both of them will finally become a baka-ple (Baka Couple).

Well, that's what i see and based on my understanding of human nature (which is on it self, very complex). Sorry for the wall of text and if there is mistakes in what i said.

@anzuda

"Why i use thanks as an example, it's because the mechanism is pretty similar."
Well, i don't think that example works for 2 reasons:
1) she said I love you to Nasa himself. Your example mentions 2 different parties, we are talking about the same person here.
2) Saying I love you is different than saying thank you. It should have been harder for her to say that to Nasa when days after their marriage (while meaning it that is, and i don't think she didn't mean it that time) than a couple of months into their marriage.

"In this case, It's the sense of obligation to reproach the feeling that she hasn't give for a while, the embarrassment of not realizing it sooner, and what seems to me the feeling of not wanting to be seen as ungrateful is what made her feel that it is hard to say it even though she used to say it easily. "
I don't think the writer frames it that way at all. These reasons are actually what spurred her to get over her new found tsunderish personality and say the word in the end, not the opposite. It's like the writer forgot that she said it before, and thought this was development for her character.

I guess in these types of conversations one has to make the distinction between what is plausible for a random human (which is a lot as humans are capable of a wide range of emotions) and what is possible for a particular character and whether or not the writer put in enough work to develop that character. To justify characters acting differently in similar situations there has to be character development. I don't see any character development for tsukasa to turn her into an absolute tsundere. Sure she was always tsunerish to begin with, but in the end always came through. Seeing her struggle so much with the word and not even say it properly in the end (she said baka, classic tsun) vs how candidly she spoke her mind back then is too jarring.

" Sorry for the wall of text and if there is mistakes in what i said."
and Sorry for my own wall of text, and if i made any mistakes as well. Seriously though no need to apologize, you were very reasonable and I appreciate the conversation :D.

Dex-chan lover
@hamma95 Hmmm... I see... You got a point there. Well, i guess i did spawn that "reasoning" on my own to fill in the gap at the plot because of the author's mistakes.

Tsukasa-chan still cute though so i won't complain more than you already have since i also agree with you there

@anzuda
Oh yeah I definitely think the same, she is still a very likeable character, and her interactions with nasa rarely fail to make me grin.

Unlike what people think, I think Kaname-Kazumiya ship might actually happen. She did ask him to come often. Her crush could be subconscious right now. I doubt she would say that to any random guy. She atleast trusts him.

Dex-chan lover
@Shuu93
Is that means their heartbeats stop the next day?
No heartbeats l, no sounds produces, no pulse...that only means DEATH
Well, sometimes you become an undead vampire instead (looking at you, Twilight franchise).

Dex-chan lover
Kaname killed me too fam, god damn Kazumiya had to endure that twice

Users who are viewing this thread