Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 25 Ch. 232 - The power to reach beyond all else

Dex-chan lover
He found a photo of deez nuts
image.png

Dex-chan lover
One thing I always have an issue with the fictional depiction of immortality is that the memory of the immortal works.

The typical immortality depicted like in this chapter shows an “immutable” individual whose physical state is preserved. However, the way the brain works involves changes to its state. So, an immortal who can learn and remember new things is a contradiction based on this description.

Other possible issues.... doing the married couple things means that it will be as uncomfortable every time as it is the same as the first time for her. It would also be unlikely for her to ever conceive.
Also, in the same notion immortals won’t be able to build muscles, shed skin, have a haircut or grow their hair further. Though those haven’t been shown in this series.
These latter points might be part of the story for when(if) she lost her immortality and can grow old with Nasa.

Anyway enough of that. I’m pleased enough with the series when I see them flirt. ;)

Dex-chan lover
Damn !!! Another cliffhanger!! The author is really good !! can't really wait for the next chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
One thing I always have an issue with the fictional depiction of immortality is that the memory of the immortal works.

The typical immortality depicted like in this chapter shows an “immutable” individual whose physical state is preserved. However, the way the brain works involves changes to its state. So, an immortal who can learn and remember new things is a contradiction based on this description.

Other possible issues.... doing the married couple things means that it will be as uncomfortable every time as it is the same as the first time for her. It would also be unlikely for her to ever conceive.
Also, in the same notion immortals won’t be able to build muscles, shed skin, have a haircut or grow their hair further. Though those haven’t been shown in this series.
These latter points might be part of the story for when(if) she lost her immortality and can grow old with Nasa.

Anyway enough of that. I’m pleased enough with the series when I see them flirt. ;)

Nanomachines son and quantum physics, hope I've cleared all your doubts

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if one of the two things is the hope that humanity is able to leave the Earth and the solar system otherwise Tsukasa's ultimate destiny will be to reside in the core of a supremely dense neutron star remnant for eternity... burning and suffering, all her mass condensed to a single point, unable to die - forever and ever...

469.gif

Group Leader
I have to mentioned that Tokiko owns the data, conducted the experiement. And keep all the extreme 5D data reading conditions so she would know this whole thing would not leak.

I do believe that Tsukasa is agreed to this, for woman that old. Dying permanently for the experiement does not sound that bad. I think she agreed to do it.

Dex-chan lover

Most immortality trope just hang on the notion that the body have infinite regeneration ability, one that can happen in a much faster rate and are capable of replacing any part of the body from scratch, in visually observable time as well, basically an omnipotent pluripotent cells.

They are also usually in control of what they regenerate, Tsukasa's case where they have no control of it is less common IMO. It's basically only in "stuck in time" type of series like Tonikaku is.

Dex-chan lover
Nanomachines son and quantum physics, hope I've cleared all your doubts
Those times before I went into science and engineering was when fiction was most enjoyable... Now I can’t help but to pick holes into fictional concepts. I’m guessing many (and perhaps you) can relate to this.
Btw, the report says she got no nanomachines, so perhaps it’s femtomachines ;) .

Most immortality trope just hang on the notion that the body have infinite regeneration ability, one that can happen in a much faster rate and are capable of replacing any part of the body from scratch, in visually observable time as well, basically an omnipotent pluripotent cells.

They are also usually in control of what they regenerate, Tsukasa's case where they have no control of it is less common IMO. It's basically only in "stuck in time" type of series like Tonikaku is.
With the trope you mentioned, I agree that the memory should not be affected, though typically these tropes imply that killed properly/thoroughly and even the immortals will be mortal. Which begs the question are these really immortal? Though this would be tangent to the point.

In her case, she was 100% eradicated and came back, which can’t be considered regeneration (there’s nothing to regenerate from), so as you said, it’s different, and these ones kind of bug me due to conceptual inconsistency.

Those times before I went into science and engineering was when fiction was most enjoyable... Now I can’t help but to pick holes into fictional concepts. I’m guessing many (and perhaps you) can relate to this.
Btw, the report says she got no nanomachines, so perhaps it’s femtomachines ;) .

With the trope you mentioned, I agree that the memory should not be affected, though typically these tropes imply that killed properly/thoroughly and even the immortals will be mortal. Which begs the question are these really immortal? Though this would be tangent to the point.

In her case, she was 100% eradicated and came back, which can’t be considered regeneration (there’s nothing to regenerate from), so as you said, it’s different, and these ones kind of bug me due to conceptual inconsistency.

"conceptual inconsistency"

I think that was the point of why those specific findings were emphasized. Her circumstances are beyond human comprehension. Even her hair accessory "regenerates" (If this could even still be considered regeneration, as you've pointed out).

As MC pointed out, whatever it is, it does not abide by the laws of nature/physics as we know it today. That is why MC says it could only be the work of a God.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if one of the two things is the hope that humanity is able to leave the Earth and the solar system otherwise Tsukasa's ultimate destiny will be to reside in the core of a supremely dense neutron star remnant for eternity... burning and suffering, all her mass condensed to a single point, unable to die - forever and ever...
Something like this Touhou doujin.

Users who are viewing this thread