Toriko

Aggregator gang
Dammit, i really hate how this manga ended. They couldve always make a new series based on this, like revolving around the random ingredients on a new bishokuya or smth

Double-page supporter
After watching Rampage movie, i have an urge to re-read Toriko, it kind of remind me of early chapter of Toriko, right before Toriko adopted Terry, a battle between giant wolf, giant gorilla and giant crocodile...

Double-page supporter
this guy should make a manga about how to continue a career after a child prostitution conviction

well that was overwhelmingly disappointing. i think its downfall started when starjun took komatsu and when toriko finally set off to take him back there was this timeskip. how could you gloss over such an important plot line. there are also numerous inconsistencies as the plot continued. another thing is that while i was able to look past some of its blatant flaws one thing i cannot endure was the horrible power balance. some of the powerups were absolutely asspulls. the pedo author didnt even attempt to atleast make it convincing.

So the author paid an established prostitute a large sum of cash for her services and afterwards she turned out to be 16? Truly a career ending disaster that should overshadow everything about him and his works. Never have sex bros, stay safe out there.

Double-page supporter
I want to read this but I'm hesitating hard.
Writer had sex with a girl old enough to be his daughter... 😔

I just can't look at it the same way again

Dex-chan lover
this shounen is way underrated! this brought me more enjoyment then dragonball ever could! its on par easily with one piece!
this was an amazing read!

@UnknownSaint111
>Writer had sex with a girl old enough to be his daughter... 😔
What a chad, impregnating women when he was 10 years old

Real disappointed in just how much started being glossed over and accelerated, especially after Yuda's duel, but what long running manga doesn't sort of fall apart in the final stretch.

Dex-chan lover
does anyone have HQ pages for ch17 and 18? noticed that ch17-77 aren't done by Hiwamatanoboru, so some of them are kinda low quality (fuzzy/blurry pages) and needs to be updated if possible

Pretty good read, I dropped it when I was in high school but now having the chance to finish this, I'm satisfied. Start off with the good news first....yes, I will drop it...Toriko is the best cooking/eating manga ever. Imagine having to draw foods that no one else related with, and just to express it through art... and be able to make readers like me be like:'Damn, these look hella good.' Besides that, this manga has incredibly incredibly incredibly detailed and knowledgeable background stories. But let face it, Toriko has a lot of bad plots and loopholes, I'm a fast reader myself and sometimes skip the wordy texts but there are some major plots that are just stupid. Still, my young high school self and my current self both have that same experience when reading through this manga, which is the excitement and thrill to see those alien foods get eaten and the awesome fighting scenes. 8/10 and has the title' best cooking manga', for me at least.
p/s: And for the child prostitution stuff, I don't want to get to these sensitive topics and decide who is right who is wrong, but the author wrote Toriko after he got released from prison. Let me ask you, for any moments in life, have you ever feel sad, depressed, wanting to kys, desperate, after you fail at something or done something wrong? This man did wrong things, got punished for it and he still came back doing what he usually does, following his passion and career. There is one thing that I'd like to send to those who is hesitating to read because of the author's past...and that is: people make mistakes, no one is perfect, the factor to decide if one is good or not is how he/she come back after the mistakes they have done.

people still talking about the prostitute situation, dude fucked up and hasnt done anything of the sort since, he faced the consequences of his stupid actions and has done nothing like that since, the fact people compare him to the kenshin author is absurd, having so much cp people thought they were a distributor and having sex with a prostitute who may have lied about their age ( i wasnt there so i am not gonna act like i was like most people who shit on him) and treating them the same is so dumb, plus this happened when he was doing his other series before toriko and again to our knowledge he hasnt done it since and to me that shows they got what they deserved and learned their lesson, if he was a pedo he def would have done it again like every pedo does, but his other series build king was trash like wtf was that

I want to read this but I'm hesitating hard.
Writer had sex with a girl old enough to be his daughter... 😔

I just can't look at it the same way again
and he didnt do anything of the sort since, if he was a pedo he would have stacked up more vile shit like the kenshin author

Users who are viewing this thread