Totsugi Okureta Kitsune ga Yome ni Kuru Hanashi - Vol. 6 Ch. 60.1 - You're Going to Catch and Eat Me!

Group Leader
Honestly not sure how much any of this actually applies to Goro and Kogane, but next chapter is all fun stuff and end of the volume!

Also, amusingly(?), I think one reason she got off so easily was that she never let her tanuki form (or even just ears) slip while doing the well deserved stabbity stab. If the humans never realize you're a tanuki it's not as big a deal.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Aye, her experiences don't really have much to do with what Goro and Kogane would most likely experience. Even the general atmoshpere would be much more accepting than in the pre-WW2 Japanese society. She couldn't even say anything about raising a hybrid child in the human society because she moved, with the child, back to the tanuki village after the husband perished.

Dex-chan lover
Woah. An actual murder.
I won't say those two deserved to die for mocking her dead husband, but they did very explicitly request it.
Kinda thinking there was no murder, just assault with a knife/attempted murder. Given what we know of how the foxes operate, I'd be surprised if killing a human wasn't a capital offense for the tanukis as well, and since she was just barred from returning to human society, this would point at something less than a murder.

Would be curious to know how half-human half-shapeshifter kids age - that could make fitting into human society very difficult for them. (Not to mention learning to maintain a human form as a child.)

ANYWAY... don't fuck with granny tanuki. She be stone cold, like those statues (but with a knife, so... not like the statues).

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that was an unexpected turn. That was not at all what I expected but looking back, it probably would go that way. Really like how 'grounded' this story has felt so far even with the supernatural mixed in.

Aye, her experiences don't really have much to do with what Goro and Kogane would most likely experience. Even the general atmoshpere would be much more accepting than in the pre-WW2 Japanese society. She couldn't even say anything about raising a hybrid child in the human society because she moved, with the child, back to the tanuki village after the husband perished.
Yeah, society has completely changed since then. (For example, the prevalence of those with a preference for the more beastly side... I swear, there would be hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people who would be envious of that WW2 guy nowadays, before he got drafted I mean.) But her experience and struggles were definitely a by-product of the time and her actions. It was an unfortuate situation all around.

Not saying that the duo won't have their own share of things like speciesm and issues with compatibility. But it'll definitely be different from what she went through. I do hope that Goro and Kogane find happiness in the end.

Dex-chan lover
JZOcRBc.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Well, this certainly answers some questions I had. So it seems children are hybrids, at least from what we saw, so Kogane and Goros' kids are going to have some fluffy ears

Also didn't expect ww2 to be tackled. Most manga artists stay away from it or don't even know since its not widely taught in school in Japan.

And, don't eff with interspecies wives or their human husbands, they will eff you up with knifes or curses

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What she did isn't that different from a distraught human. After likely years of living in that village, harrased by that guy consistently her husband is conscripted. Then just recently after he is confirmed dead that guy continues to badmouth the two. He was the one screaming about fighting in the war being an honor, why didn't he go himself? And to still have the gall to insult them after.

He's not worth going to jail for, but i can understand wanting to beat the hell out of him.

Dex-chan lover
That... was pretty depressing. A broken promise by her husband to return, and the constant harasser returning to essentially spit on his grave was clearly too much.

In just a single panel, she became a single mother with lost happiness, it's really heartbreaking.

Users who are viewing this thread