Tou no Kanri o Shite Miyou - Vol. 17 Ch. 61 - The 61st Floor - The Foolish Ones

Dex-chan lover
Wait why is Alex scheming again, what's the point?
to gain political advantage against city state, well its already said by Maple(?) that his old way of doing is moot here since Kouhi and Mitsuk pretty much landmine that Kousuke barely in control, well in way if Kousuke get harmed (in any sense) those two will blow up regardless Kousuke intention.

Dex-chan lover
I guess part of it is the fact they are trying to gain influence in the community inside his pocket dimension tower network by stirring up :poop: right under his OP Archangel waifu squad's noses. 🔥:finnawoke:🔥

Dex-chan lover
You can disagree with how he does things without slandering him falsely, though.
Think of it that way, he has an absolute monopoly on the towers and their ressources. How are people supposed to trump that? They can't. He has total control over their lives now. And like any sort of absolute power, he will become corrupt. It's unevitable. (Yes, just like Exodia)

Dex-chan lover
Think of it that way, he has an absolute monopoly on the towers and their ressources. How are people supposed to trump that? They can't. He has total control over their lives now. And like any sort of absolute power, he will become corrupt. It's unevitable. (Yes, just like Exodia)
The towers are a very minor thing in the grand scheme of the world, and he only controls some of them, not all of them. It would be very easy to siphon off profits from trade involving the tower externally and retain significant economic and political power that way, without ever slandering him. It was the slander that was the issue, entirely; you don't shit-talk a God, especially not in earshot of them.

Dex-chan lover
Well, they thought they had it bad with the emotional messenger, now here comes the cold blooded messenger. R.I.P.

Dex-chan lover
Makes you wonder if those 3 idiots have their heads up their own asses for the warmth or the taste of their own shit

Dex-chan lover
To Kouhi & Mitsuki the answer here was not violence. Violence was the question, the answer was yes.

And as a reminder to some, the MC did not tell Kouhi to do this. The MC likely does not want Kouhi to do this.
And the MC isn't dumb enough to try to stop her.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
One question: does Alec have mental issues? I mean, you literally know that Kosuke is someone you should not mess with, your daughter is in his care (and "care") daily....and you still try this shit to get control of the tower? I can't even insult him...I'm speechless

Dex-chan lover
This is just a plain incorrect assessment of the situation. The MC is essentially a businessman, and the tower is a city he also runs. He has zero control over the 'lives' of anyone who isn't inside the towers, (Which is a HUGE amount of people. There is literally only 1 city in the tower) and the people inside the tower just follow relatively conventional rules for living in society, and that's public knowledge So you are saying it's unfair that the MC gets to be a mayor. Other people can compete with the towers if they want by you know, getting their own tower. The MC only has the, I believe, central towers on his continent. There are towers on other continents and potentially more towers on his continent. They have said this multiple times, and the world is also aware of them. The tower wasn't even actually that good of a resource, look at all he had to do just to get enough food production so people can actually live there. Also you can't use the absolute power corrupts absolutely thing either, because from the perspective of everyone on the outside, the MC doesn't have absolute power. He owns and runs the tower, but no one sees him, it's always his council of multiple organizations that are acting and making decisions, so even in world it would not look like he has 'absolute power'.

Also he's not a tyrant and neither are his maids. You're taking things quite far out of context. If the maids were tyranical everyone who was part of this and the town would be blown up. But they're not. The problem here is that this was CLEARLY manufactured. Remember this isn't a world with the internet, rumors don't spread fast. So the anger came in that "why is the guy in charge allowing these clearly forced rumors to spread and why hasn't he contacted us because it's our reputation"(Which was 100% wrong of him, regardless of his plan he should've informed the MC) and then the anger at someone intentionally trying to discredit the MC on 100% baseless made up stuff. It'd be 1 thing if he was saying something true they were hiding, that'd be tyranny. But he's just making stuff up to try and discredit the MC, for no reason. He's picking a fight, and you're saying someone is tyranical because they punch harder than him.
Disposable villain plot mechanic aside, am I the only one that finds it hilarious and overblown that they're making this big of a deal about a couple of mobs talking some shit? I get that it's all to show his influence and what happens when you try to smear a god, but it's still a meme. It's like the isekai version of communist china, lol. They're about to disappear some people for trash talking the great state of Waifu Dungeon Tower.
It's to actually 'move the plot' if you look at it, there actually hasn't been much plot progression in the story, and even less 'conflict'. They needed something to happen that pushes the plot forward but also counts as conflict.

Dex-chan lover
One question: does Alec have mental issues? I mean, you literally know that Kosuke is someone you should not mess with, your daughter is in his care (and "care") daily....and you still try this shit to get control of the tower? I can't even insult him...I'm speechless
I don't think he's trying to gain his own influence but rather influence for the tower group as a hole. If it was his own Peach would be mad too because he's risking Kousuke's rep without Kousuke getting anything in return.

Dex-chan lover
It'd be 1 thing if he was saying something true they were hiding, that'd be tyranny.
Who says it won't happen in the future? =/
(I will admit I'm reading a bit too much into this, but meh, it's just theorizing at the moment)

Dex-chan lover
I don't think he's trying to gain his own influence but rather influence for the tower group as a hole. If it was his own Peach would be mad too because he's risking Kousuke's rep without Kousuke getting anything in return.
This. Alec was playing politics with these people to raise the Tower's influence, not his own personal influence; getting them under control with blackmail and such. Peach was basically slapping the back of his hand telling him that such political machinations are below where they are now and as such should not be implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread