Tou no Kanri o Shite Miyou - Vol. 17 Ch. 61 - The 61st Floor - The Foolish Ones

Dex-chan lover
Well, i'm having a good stuff to read everyday, so, i want to say "pls don't stop", but, uhhh

Wow you guys have improved so much! The quality is amazing now. :) Thanks for the hard work and listening to fans (even if we act entitled sometimes)

Dex-chan lover
Not fond of the nuke the town threat. The fault is on 3 guys and the people who were paid to spread the rumors. Wiping out the town would just punish or kill like 5k/50k/etc people for the actions of 3.

Dex-chan lover
Not knowing that you're going to piss people off by deliberately manipulating rumours and information to gain power at the expense of others is entirely on him. "Could have used that knowledge earlier" my ass. It's not about knowledge. It's about common sense and morals. Get some of those instead.

"What if that messenger was fake?"
How to spot the one who's got something to lose by her being real.

This feels like when the Watcher showed up to confirm that it was, indeed, the real Thanos that Squirrel Girl beat. Just have the holiest of holy women show up and proclaim that the messenger is, indeed, real.

"What could they even do?"
Her wrath is not to be dismissed. She doesn't care about your laws.

And then the other one shows up. They're more fucked than all of the girls.

Dex-chan lover
So I'm definitely reading into this too much but
1) I don't get why they're talking about Alec getting off with a warning and barely avoiding punishment. He had the situation under control and was just doing his ONE JOB which is playing politics. The MC literally does not even interact with people outside his harem anymore and barely any of them go down to interact with the city. On top of them just being rumors that cause no actual harm, none of them even reached the MC and it's not like they were being said to his face.
2) You know there's something really terrifying about this plot point from an outside perspective. Yeah the goal of the rumors is to harm the tower's political power, but the messagers don't care about that. They just care that the MC is being bad mouthed behind his back. That's terrifying because it's 100% always going to happen rumors or not. And just imagine if you're living in the world and all of a sudden this dude pops up out of nowhere and becomes the most powerful person in the Mortal plane both politically and physically. And now you're forced that realize that if you say anything bad about him ever his groupies will unexist you.

I thought we all agreed the Greek gods being petty was a bad thing.

Moments like these really do reveal the story's weakness in world building. They could honestly have made this about the MC just truly becoming detached from the world and how he doesn't interact with people much. Characters outside of those in his harem might as well be nonexistent and most chapters are spent with them talking amongst themselves about ways to up to power fantasy. That's what this series and I'm fine with it, but at the same time it always feels a little cheap when they try to shoe horn in politics from outside the tower as if these things don't just magically disappear when the arc is done with them. Like all of these guys are nameless. I barely even remember there's a world outside of the towers because the main cast never explores it and barely talks about it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
My word great way to show this is still ultimately a medieval society. To imagine that three people spreading rumours in enough cause to punish an entire town. Barbarism, this severely lowers my opinion of all the tower managers involved plus Kosuke.

I'm genuinely astonished so few people are terrified as I am about this. There are even some in he comments welcoming totalitarianism like this. He's a literal god, petty rumours like these are completely beneath him. He needs to stop bedding himself with his half-dozen mistresses and protect the lives of the people living in his tower.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If they do nothing, this city is done for. Citizens should consider evacuating and not looking back, lest they be turned to pillars of salt or something.

Users who are viewing this thread