Tou no Kanri o Shite Miyou - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - The 12th Floor: Silvia and Colette

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer
My thoughts exactly. MC knows those thugs had a backer, they even admit that they wouldn't receive any punishment even if brought before the executioner (weird to phrase it like that btw, executioner would simply, well execute the punishment but not judge them) and then MC goes "LeT's LeAvE tHeM tO tHe GuArDs". Putting the reaction of the regular townsfolk in there that wasn't even a secret, the whole town knew about them so MCs thinking with all the ruckus caused they can't go unpunished is complete bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
"But once they return..."
"I understand."
"Yes, I understand. When they return, me and "the boyz" will attack, get our shit pushed so far in we'll taste it, and ultimately finger you as the antagonist of the day."

@blablablub
@Doomer

MC knows that SOMEONE in the town is powerful enough and corrupt enough to back these thugs. He DOESN'T know that it's (presumably) the town lord himself (yet), but he suspects that to be the case.
MC WANTS to know just HOW corrupt their backer is, so he left them alive.
Recall that his plan is to seemingly create a teleportation network that outright bypasses kingdom borders and whatnot.
MC needs to know whether the town lord is someone he could trust to cooperate with him.

For merchants, trust and reputation are everything.
No one's gonna want to come to a town where the lord sponsors serial rapists and murderers.
No semi-intelligent town lord (corrupt or not) is going to continue sponsoring rapists or murderers that claimed in public to be sponsored.

Whether the thugs are still around or not when MC comes back will determine MC's next course of action.

Dex-chan lover
@doomer blame the pristess, MC initialy will let his angel cut that rapist only to be blocked by that girl

Reactions: GK
@Doomer

Self-defense is one thing. Outright executing/murdering men in broad daylight is another.
Remember that MC's plan is to establish a teleportation point and have merchants and people come to his tower.
Most people probably wouldn't be so quick to trust a Lord that outright murders people in broad daylight in a town that isn't even his, justified or not.

Today, he established to the people that his followers are strong enough to defeat such thugs even when outnumbered, and he also established that he's not the kind of leader that would tolerate such scum (like presumably the town lord).

When he eventually establishes the teleport and pitches the benefits of membership with his Tower, the people currently in this town might be more willing to leave it for the sake of their own safety.

Dex-chan lover
Why do I feel like Eris will try to willfully possess the body and have a round with Kousuke too...

Dex-chan lover
If Eris and her two sisters are the main goddesses of that world, then what is Asura ?

@PhoenixStriker5251 Depends on the circumstances, alot of people know corrupt people are everywhere and that bad things happen because of them, but they dont say/do anything because they have a decent life, they just turn the other way.

now introduce someone who has the power to do something about it, and you are going to not only expose it to many people, but many peoples frustrations over the bs is going to come out.

at worst you will split them into 3 camps
your side, they liked what you did
neutral, the powers at be are having a pissing match
their side, you just messed with the people who butter their bread/friends.

Aggregator gang
@dkuro well this just wild assumption, Asura in this world was the first god / creator of this world / superior / older sister for the other gods. So I think it's aligned with how eris call the MC with honorific, as the one who summoned him was none other than Asura.

• This
Reactions: GK

Users who are viewing this thread