Touge Oni - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The Enchanting Capital, Mahoroba of Dreams (First Half)

Fed-Kun's army
well that's a cliffhanger.
If this doesn't get resolved and they actually retcon her outta the story that'll leave a hell of a bad taste in my mouth, jeez.

Fed-Kun's army
@AraraDeTerno It’s probably actually going to end up being “all a dream” somehow, in keeping with the Mahoroba of Dreams part of the title; the title also says that this is part one of two. I think at worst it’s a setup for a time skip.

Aggregator gang
Yep i guess this bald guy is another kami and it's wird dream time skip

Dex-chan lover
Uh, well
Memory cleaning works well as long as it accounts for all the holes it causes
I wonder where and who will be hit with a cognitive dissonance first

Dex-chan lover
That is a twist, this series doesn't shy away of getting a little experimental.

Aggregator gang
Lmao. What a terrible Buddhist monk. Kills a butterfly like it's nothing (thought Buddhists were against killing any creature), he wants to marry a preteen, and to top it all off, then he messes with the timeline by drugging her using mind-altering incense to make her lose her memories.

Even if he's actually a kami disguised as a monk (as the chapter seemed to hint at), it still seems quite messed up.

So, I'm guessing that the next chapter will fix things.

Group Leader
Dude, I can't even imagine reading this in real-time and having to wait a month until the next chapter. What a RIDE.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao. What a terrible Buddhist monk. Kills a butterfly like it's nothing (thought Buddhists were against killing any creature), he wants to marry a preteen, and to top it all off, then he messes with the timeline by drugging her using mind-altering incense to make her lose her memories.
From what I understand, the incense did not alter her mind. Remember, her necklace was given to her by the monk's second, female disciple? That was likely an older version of herself. So, since she chose to remain in the capital, that older version of herself disappeared, and with it the necklace it could've given, as well as the memories of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread