Touge Oni - Vol. 6 Ch. 26.5 - Much Ado in the Great Hall

Dex-chan lover
Thinking about it, how else could have the freaky Master gone back in time? Who could have given him the materials to make himself an immortal made of meat? Who would even be all that interested in helping his work for the Presentation to the Divine?
The answer is one of the gods themselves. Their tool, their gifts, their goal. After all, if this god does not wish to disappear - what else is there to do when the rest of the gods aren't going to go to extremes against humanity?

Dex-chan lover
I love how the author just mess around with modern technology in ancient era, just because most of their character is a kami 😆

Dex-chan lover
Thank God for Mangadex. There's absolutely 0% chance of me coming across such a unique gem of a manga otherwise. Japanese mythology blended with sci-fi tropes is 100% sweet.

Also, "reject modernity, return to monke" is probably the mantra-eating brainworm at work hehehe.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, I thought Ookuninushi is son of Sunanoo ?
Also why Amaterasu and her guard kamis are organs, while the moon god dude is a jelly fish ?

Fed-Kun's army
Great volume and excited to see how Sunanoo will play out in the story and our group but welp see you guys in a year's time :(

Double-page supporter
“Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce. We'll send unto them, only you"

Dex-chan lover
Waiting for the new volume to drop be like:

GF4d3xvakAAMEji.jpg:large

Dex-chan lover
Wait, I thought Ookuninushi is son of Sunanoo ?
Also why Amaterasu and her guard kamis are organs, while the moon god dude is a jelly fish ?
Ookuninushi is Susano'o 's son-in-law. You need to read more Japanese history. Ookuninushi is a Kunitsukami (land god), Susano'o is an Amatsukami (heavenly god). In the past, Japan was under the Kunitsu's rule with Ookuninushi basically their king. His name literally means "Great master of the land". The Amatsu live in and rule heaven (Takamagahara). One day, Amaterasu sent her grandson to descend and conquer Japan, thus, sparking the great war between Kunitsu and Amatsu. Susano'o is kind of an oddball since he didn't side with his sister and fellow Amatsu.
Historians suggest that the war between the gods is symbolic for the war between the Yamato tribe and other tribes, since the Yamato tribe worships the Amatsu while other tribes worship the Kunitsu. In the end, the Yamato conquered Japan with the Japanese Emperors claim that they are descendants of Amaterasu, thus, having divine status.

Dex-chan lover
Ookuninushi is Susano'o 's son-in-law. You need to read more Japanese history. Ookuninushi is a Kunitsukami (land god), Susano'o is an Amatsukami (heavenly god). In the past, Japan was under the Kunitsu's rule with Ookuninushi basically their king. His name literally means "Great master of the land". The Amatsu live in and rule heaven (Takamagahara). One day, Amaterasu sent her grandson to descend and conquer Japan, thus, sparking the great war between Kunitsu and Amatsu. Susano'o is kind of an oddball since he didn't side with his sister and fellow Amatsu.
Historians suggest that the war between the gods is symbolic for the war between the Yamato tribe and other tribes, since the Yamato tribe worships the Amatsu while other tribes worship the Kunitsu. In the end, the Yamato conquered Japan with the Japanese Emperors claim that they are descendants of Amaterasu, thus, having divine status.
Ainus

Dex-chan lover
Lmao, is that Amaterasu with cat ears? That alone should give enough reverence for her to manifest on mortal realm again
i would say it's fox ear due to how sharply shaped it is (and the closed eyes), also i remember the game Okami where amaterasu is a wolf so idk but surely it should be canine ears

Users who are viewing this thread