Tougen Anki

Lol the earlier chapters are very misleading.
The first chapter didn't really show anything about academy and I thought this was gonna be more corporation/modern office-like. But then they revealed the academy, I just nodded and anticipated for more academy arcs. Well... in the end, that wasn't it.

Moreover, the oni corps are kinda dumb.
How can they didn't notice the corpse plan??? That was so simple and obvious yet no one notice it? How can they even survive up until now? And what's with that character development!! You changed way too fast, Kougasaki! Be more arrogant damn it. I was about to like you:(

The art is good and I really like generic shounen manga tho. And thank you for the translations^^

They're really trying to make us sympathize for a group of villains who play with oni's lives like it's nothing. They look exactly like humans outside of the blood trait so it's kind of hard to sympathize with the momotarou, even by shounen standards.

Dex-chan lover
@kiezzy He seems like your loudmouth, passionate type. Was hoping for a smarter approach to fights, but Friendship conquers all it seems.

Oho now the author want us to sympathize with the momotarou , they fucking killed children just because of their blood and give a petty back story

Its your typical shounen supernatural manga, why are people sleeping on this manga.

Would not be surprised of this would be animated seeing how fire force, jujutsu kaisen, blue exorcist did well and this manga has the core similar

Dex-chan lover
@Readragmon Think about it, even unintentionally, Oni can awake their blood and go on rampages. It makes sense for the Momotarou to want to snuff out the potential disaster (whether that's moral or not is a different story).

@Treswimming @Readragmon @Crymsong The Momotarou is trying to protect the peace, and it's just traditions that have caused their solution to be killing every Oni. If you were to grow up in an environment where you were told that "that group" is evil and needed to be exterminated, if that was the only thing you knew, you would believe it, and it would become part of who you are. That being said, it doesn't mean all Momotarou are bad and all Oni are good. Personally, how I would go about this if I were in the story is mutual existence. Oni and Momotarou sign a peace treaty where the best are hired to stop Oni rampages and stop traitors that are hostile to either race or humans. Neither race will die out, so peace is the best option.

Fed-Kun's army
The early chapters go by too fast just to get to action so the characters aren’t explained much and you don’t become attached to the father. The main character is one of the 8 special Oni and he has fire powers along with the standard Oni blood powers except his blood powers are really strong and everyone says that he is really strong. The powers aren’t very creative, it feels like any other creation type powers in other manga and having it be made of blood adds almost nothing besides a limit but even that doesn’t matter because Oni have more blood than humans and it’s different for each Oni so the limitation of blood is only there when needed for the story. All the girls have the same body type with huge tits and clothing that shows them off and the boys tend to have the same body type too most of the time. This manga is mindless but I can see people on Twitter loving this enough to where it gets an anime. This is generic trash.

Just got done reading all of the current chapters (37 so far). At first I was enjoying the art and I liked the MC, I'm not too fussed about generic MC's like that. It almost gave me mixed vibes between TG, BBB and Blue Exorcist. But then it suddenly changes pace from the academy, to a whole arc elsewhere before we even get time to be with the supporting cast.

At first I didn't mind it too much, thinking it was a new mangaka (with their first series), who has a chance to improve. But nope, as somebody else has mentioned, this is definitely the same mangaka that made Bougyaku no Kokekko, who went under a different pen-name, and based on the reviews and criticisms, the same issues all exist in that series.

The pacing sucks, the character writing sucks, the art has moments where the characters look too stiff, no name characters have faces drawn in a completely different style, the constant use of tropes, trying to make me sympathise with the bad guys with some really awful writing, the power system which just seems seems to be a weird combination of a bunch of other manga power systems in one, etc etc.

Honestly, this should get axed. The mangaka should look into doing art exclusively, and finding a writer that is actually competent. That way he can focus on fixing the art issues, while not having to write a story that sucks so bad.

Regardless, I think I'll skim the chapters that come out after this just for the thicc waifu's.

Double-page supporter
@Rizaadxn
It gets even worse at after the academy? Thankfully my intuition told me to drop it, but it getting even shittier surely deserves to forever be a mark of shame on the author and publisher. Hiroshima 2: Electric Boogaloo when?

listen. is it trash? yeah. is the pacing weird? yeah. is it just like any other Shonen you've read and will read in the future? absolutely. and you can bet that i adore this stupid trashy manga with my whole dick and balls

Users who are viewing this thread