Tourigakari ni Wanpointo Adobaisu Shite Iku Taipu no Yankii - Vol. 4 Ch. 51

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0 Chill, pal. It's a feel-good manga about some scary-looking guy who's actually nice and gives advice. How do you get such a negative sentiment out of this?

While TNT261's response was heated and emotional, I nonetheless think he had good points. Even TNT only went in that direction in response to you. Everyone else who talked about this topic only responded to you or actually considered the context of how Sakurai said it. No "extreme" positions, but of course, you would disagree with that.

And what is the context of Sakurai's "absolute" words? Bottling up your sadness just because you know or think someone out there who isn't in front of you is even sadder than you are. Nothing about, again, being a tactless asshole who whines about his or her unrelated problems in someone else's funeral.

You need to stop reading too much into the text while completely dismissing the context it was said in just to feed into your belief that what he said was wrong. It was never meant to be taken literally without that context. And even then, I don't think his words were extreme at all outside of that context. Just you seeing some imaginary fault from reading too much into it.

With that, I don't really care about any replies, because we clearly can't see eye-to-eye.

@comeonnow0 it may be just me but I would hear them out because I know he is hurting too, man. There's no reason to monopolize pain. I've been in both ends of that situation and when my problem was the smaller one my friend asured me It was okay to express how I felt and when it was my turn to be the one in the shittier end I also said somthing similar to a friend complainin of something smaller, if you dont invalidate the feelings of others selfishly believing only you had it bad there's no reason to trivialize your own suffering

Dex-chan lover
@Rialtoir And again, I think that's perfectly fine to hear him and listen to his pain in this situation. Yeah, Sakurai probably did a good thing in comforting him. Again, my only issue was with just how he phrased it. This may be a pretty bad example, but imagine a child got bullied by someone who is X race, and then someone comforts that child by saying something like "Don't pay attention to them. They're just a dumb [insert racial slur]." The action of comforting the child is perfectly fine. The way in which it is being done is not fine. Let me be clear. I'm not saying that Sakurai is being racist or something like that. I'm saying that his words make a bad statement.

@Tersione "There is absolutely no need for you to conceal your sadness" That's the exact words Sakurai used. Again, the only thing I said is that sometimes, it is appropriate to conceal your sadness when you know someone else has it worse off. The only thing I said is that Sakurai's words take an extreme position. Yes, I do disagree when you say that no one took an extreme position.

Yes, of course the context of Sakurai's words are important. Let's take a look at the context. Sakurai knows NOTHING about this stranger. Maybe this stranger that he's comforting is a bad person. Sakurai makes his statement in an almost complete vacuum. All he knows is that this person is crying because they had a fight with their lover. That's it. In that context, it looks like Sakurai's statement is absolute.

The problem that I'm having is that you seem to be reading in and inventing context to make Sakurai not only a good guy but also always saying the best things. Yes, he's clearly a good guy, as we've seen in this story. The problem is that if you actually look at the context, we have two people who are strangers to each other, and one of them, without knowing anything but the most surface details, makes this statement about absolutely no need. That's the real context. You are inventing context to make Sakurai's words better.

Dex-chan lover
Y'all should just block comeonnow0. I did a while back. I block anyone that causes random drama in the comments. Makes for a more fun experience lol.

Contributor
@TNT261

Actually nothing matters at all ever because the universe is approaching entropy and decay at all times anyway.

Lmao noice. Nihilism, I likey.

@comeonnow0 yo, mate. I get what you tryna say but what you said doesn't imply at all irl, unless you never leave comfort of your home. Let's just stop creating more arguments, thnaks.

Can someone tell me who yosshan is? I'm having bad memory issues. Also, is yosshan a he or a she? Thought she was a she but enters with no top on and looks muscular. Idk.

Dex-chan lover
Mmmmm this is the highest of quality manga. I cannot get enough. I love these characters dearly.

I am so glad I decided to read this manga, totally chill plot and damn lovable characters

I'm really happy that there's a cannon queer relationship that is treated normally

Oho, seems like there might be some changes in the following chapters~~ Still enjoying hiw wholesome that story is~

@ThemBo Same, it was a cute surprise, "the normalcy" ╰(*´︶`*)╯

@sjun21 Yosshan is a he, it's the (fisher)guy that Sakurai saved from the sea. He had scars and the sweet bean Sacchi/Kyo-chin/Sakurai subtily hinted him to get tatoos if it could help him. Sakurai and his "date" Ume met him during the firework festival, can't remember the chapter tho sorry xD
Hope I was clear (*๓´╰╯`๓)♡

Aggregator gang
Nice nice, cute relationship for fish guy with the cool bar dude, and motivation to move the romance forward, good chapter

Fed-Kun's army
Really like how their relationship was super casual. No questions asked cuz none were needed. Kinda sad that some people in the comments were cringing about it.

Double-page supporter
Its nice to have the queer couple exist so casually.

ALSO GET HYPE DECISIONS HAVE BEEN MADE

Users who are viewing this thread