Tower Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Yuva, Renowned Thrower of Feed

Dex-chan lover
Its alright I guess, but since this is Nihei's, its probably gonna get picked up by western publishers and fan translation will cease.

Dex-chan lover
Nihei always delivers. It seems his art is getting more mainstream shounen as he gets older, but his usual touches of genius is still there.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, if your princess gets taken to the top of Dark Souls 3 I think you just take the L.

Dex-chan lover
Nihei always delivers. It seems his art is getting more mainstream shounen as he gets older, but his usual touches of genius is still there.
If I remember right, his daughter told him that his stuff was boring and that there wasn't enough explanations... If there was ever a reason to change your style, your own kid giving you shit for your work is one of them

Dex-chan lover
It seems to have already played its hand a little, it seems that the pebble that the tentacle princess hostage taker wants is very important, and likely powerful too. I suspect MC will eat it or something and become more powerful.

Keen to see where this goes.

Dex-chan lover
what a big chapter, knowing the author it's hard to make sense of what's going on most of the time but i was not bored a bit reading the whole thing

Double-page supporter
Well ... It's very interesting... '-'
It's a little inexpressible, but it's ok... '-'

Dex-chan lover
Somebody notes that in the end of the chapter:
-They don't have run among time, to reach the sorcerer (and defeat him) that is going to kill the princess in the top of the tower, now is just exchange a magic pearl in 100 floor
-They gain more force rescuing the captured soldiers
-Probably we think they waste the fungus cure, but I bet they just use a little bit of spore in the water and storage the rest for the base soldiers

Dex-chan lover
While I do think Nihei's art has suffered a bit from going a bit more mainstream (and changing his color palette from mostly black with white highlights to mostly white with black highlights), he's still got it. Those establishing shots of Yuva looking out at the tower and the whole thing zooming out were great. Physical action was also really great - the aesthetic of the knights + how the undead/transformed enemies were was fantastic.

Hold up... Isn't his arm extremely broken from pages 75 to like 83? Then on page 85 he's carrying the ball like it's nothing and a whole ass person on 87. This dude have Wolverine powers or something?

Edit: Oh, the dragon spore. Duh. Though the archer is still needing to be carried after using it. Idk.

Supporter
Hmm, I kinda like the energy of these characters. The plot doesn’t feel too stupid either.

Dex-chan lover
It's surprising to see Tsutomu Nihei make a fantasy manga. Definetly refreshing. Now I'm just wondering if we'll see any kind of remnants of a past advanced civilization like Ooyukiumi no Kaina that tied it to Blame, Biomega, and Shidonia no Kishi; or if it will stay true to fantasy and be it's own universe. Honestly I feel that no matter however it ends up we'll still see the Toha Heavy Industries symbol somewhere, especially since we've seen the silicon life symbol already too.

Users who are viewing this thread