Trap Heroine - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Because We're Friends

Thank you a lot for the translations. My Japanese is not that good to fully understand the raw manga and I also can't watch the chapters between 4 and 27... I need to know how they got where they are

Power Uploader
@Spoonikle
Anyone could be such things. Do you also go about raising that possibility for Itou? after all, he could be at the gender clinic talking about starting testosterone.

@smolbaka
It's mostly a problem with romance fiction which is the one thing that Prunus Girl has over this series: Tiroda is extremely average yet in the beginning Kobinata was very flirty with him for no apparent reason; it's all too common that our “completely average” protagonist is paired with a genetic lottery winner and all around man of awesome who somehow falls in love with a very average protagonist for reasons unexplained.

It annoyed me at first that Kobinata seemed to fall into this trope but I do like this new direction that there are some romantic hurdles at the least — it's too bad it feels as a retcon and a contrast with the earlier chapters.

My theory is that Kohinata is not going to accept MCs love until he admits he likes GUYS. Because he's a guy, and keeps bringing it up. He wants to make sure that MC isn't loving him because he thinks Kohinata is a girl. The same with FMC. Does she love Kohinata because she's scared of "real men"?

It's partly Kohinatas fault with all the flirting and the "gee maybe I'm a girl. Or Not. Just kidding. LOL"

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure he just doesn't want anything to happen before the ambiguity of their relationship is ironed out. It's like he says, Chiroda doesn't go out kissing his other male friends, so why would Chiroda kiss him? Cause he looks like a girl? Cards gotta be laid on the table here otherwise Kohinata can't accept that Chiroda is seeing him properly. Doesn't help he flirts with him sometimes. He's kind of asking for this sort of thing to happen.

But ouch, if I was Chiroda I'd have wanted to off myself so bad after that.

Considering I am not a straight male, or, well, male in general, I can tell you right now that this chapter pisses me off more or less for the same reason most harems piss me off.

Just. Fucking. Talk.

Like, okay, sure, it's waaay too early to have that sorta talk right now, but both of their actions are more or less forcing their relationship into that territory when apparently neither of them are prepared for it to go there -what with Kono's constant teasing that borders on flirting and Chiroda's general inability to sort out his own thoughts about his obsession with his "dark past".

Like, again, just sit down and fucking talk. Not necessarily about romance, but just be like, "Yeah, so I told you I had a bad experience with this sorta stuff in the past? What had happened was..." and then explain that it destroyed his social standing and whatnot and that that's why it's so heavy for him or whatever the fuck else.

Gonna drop this. Not because I'm mad or anything, actually just bored. Feels like the series is spinning its wheels for chapters on end. That'd be okay if there was anything else to enjoy but 'will they, won't they' drama seems to be all this manga has. Might come back and read the last chapter when it ends.

Aggregator gang
People are growing too fucking over-sensitive nowadays, this chapter has literally 0 triggering content, I wonder how people like these fare in life, it must be hell from waking up to bed time. -.-

Banned
@Spoonikle

Or, ya know... He could be a trans-boy who isn't fully masculine

Stop with the westernized pov. Alot of people would be put off by that.

@Neushaartje

Yeah, kohinata is being a bait and switch at this point. Tbh I hope he gets with the girl. As I've seen many trap manga where the trap just falls for the guy for, like you said, unexplained reasons. Mostly for just being nice to them or something.

@smolbaka
> Stop with the westernized pov. Alot of people would be put off by that.

What's it matter bro? A boy is a boy, this manga would actually have some depth is that was the case.

Dex-chan lover
what is the deal with people pretending that trans people don’t exist in Japan, or that it’s some sort of weird western import?

It’s less well-understood, culturally speaking — there’s more conflation with being gay and so on — but just because Japanese media is more likely to play to tropes we’ve not seen in the west since the 2000s doesn’t mean that suggesting it won’t is some kinda cultural imperialism.

was I mistaken?? I thought a "female" calling themselves a boy was a normal trope in manga?
Of course, they almost always played out in this exact way - where they act super feminine.
Also mangaka's have this HORRENDOUS habit of - "they where a girl all along!!!" or "they chose to get a magic vagina!!".
Our "trap heroine" legit being a girl who wants to be "one of the boys" with their friend is totally something these manga guys would pull.

He insists that he is a man. Hardware does not matter, he identifies as a man.
"culture" and "westernization" has nothing to do with it. He does not need surgery or chemicals or anything to be trans. He is a man because he says he is.

Perhaps japan is asleep - but they have millions of people. Being trans isn't some culture fluke -
gender is a cultural construct! we are not binary, we are analog.

TL-san literally put the creds page at the front with a reminder that this is entertainment, not something to cause argument. Discussion, sure—that’s fine and dandy—but don’t be mean to each other. Read, enjoy or don’t, and move on after a healthy comment or 2.

@whatever_man I'm not really into the whole gender spectrum thing, but there are more than 2 genders because anyone can be what they want to be, but there's only 2 sexes because no matter what you want to be, you can't escape what you are

I dont get what is so triggering and rage inducing in this chapter. The inconclusive and vapid phrases they use to convey their feelings? Thats what annoys me the most. Stop beating around the bush just say what you want you blabbering fucks.

Users who are viewing this thread