Treat blocked groups as nonexistent.

Dex-chan lover
So, I was reading a title when I pressed the next chapter button at the bottom of a chapter and it went to the next chapter, except the chapter was by a group I had blocked (it was ComicKey, which I had blocked because I think they're a nuisance and shouldn't be allowed on MD since they don't post chapters here, only redirects to their own site, but that's neither here nor there; it could just as easily have been a group that does crappy MTL with no QC).

Since I have them blocked as a group, the chapters they uploaded shouldn't be something the reader directs me to when I navigate between chapters. That kind of defeats the point of blocking the group if the reader just ignores it.

I suggest that the reader treats chapters by groups a user has on ignore as not existing, so that it doesn't try to force users to those chapters.

Upvote 1
Contributor
it was ComicKey, which I had blocked because I think they're a nuisance and shouldn't be allowed on MD since they don't post chapters here, only redirects to their own site, but that's neither here nor there
What if I told you community contributors add the links to comickey and not comickey
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/third-party-external-chapter-links-we-want-more.1075416/

That aside, it's a known issue that the reader does not respect the user's blocked groups list

Dex-chan lover
Just riffing off the initial question. Is there a list somewhere of unsavoury groups somewhere?

Dex-chan lover
Just riffing off the initial question. Is there a list somewhere of unsavoury groups somewhere?
my block list lol
none as far as I know. this kind of list depends on the individual as well since each person has their own bar of what's acceptable and what's not. I have to run my own script because MD has a limit of 25 groups + 25 uploaders and I'm hitting 150+ blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread