Tricks Dedicated to Witches - Ch. 19 - The Grand Transformation

this chapter was great, but as I expected there are a bunch of cry babies in the comments (funny because those are the types of people who say the world is too sensitive )

Dex-chan lover
Makito turned into a trap/femboy.😂
Well now it is time for the "battle witch" to kick some ass.

@8yuri8 truth be told there are less than i expected. Unless the mods removed them already.

Dex-chan lover
@Sonaldo
Mr. Rogers was apparently great in person too.
I'd put Bob Ross, though he was apparently a drill sergeant. That would've been an interesting sight.

Besides angels/ingenue/Mary Sues and Gary Stu's are not very relatable anyway.

And how dare everyone forget Touma! Another great proponent of the gender equality movement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EdHqYKfhNc

He did pull his punch for Misaka. Though she's one of the better tsundere's out there.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm perplexed the author chose Merkel over Joan of Arc, given that the inspirational message is supposed to be aimed towards someone who is a combatant and not a politician. Granted, I don't think Joan of Arc was anything other than a flag waver, but the basic idea is that "The Strongest Witch" is physically strong and should be compared to a female soldier. Hell even Mulan would be a good choice, though the historicity of her is debatable.

Double-page supporter
I don't know about teaching people transgenderism, but good for equality.

Fed-Kun's army
@XNovalX
What makes it funnier is he advocates for transgenderism while only crossdressing. It feels like satire.

Supporter
Mia's really an amazing stage assistant after not much time, she handled a lot of the misdirection really well here. Makito makes it back to the present there may be a new famous magician in history.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona
Spot on with your assessment. Plenty of great women to choose from.

And transgender is not the same as transvestite, though many make that mistake.

Shoot, they missed the boat on this one. Should have mentioned Julie d'Aubigney, who was known for crossdressing, opera singing, and being excellent with a sword.
Would have been a great fit.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah yes ms. “Let’s destroy our country with somalian refugees”, an example to women everywhere
Cmon couldn’t the author choose better examples?

I'm quite glad this is making certain people seethe, though clearly it's mainly an exercise in Japanese chauvinism rather than some radical statement about gender—Zizek's perversion of the "nostalgia for the present" idea: you look to the horror and backwardness of an imagined reality to sustain confidence about the present. Look at how great modern Japan is compared to this! We don't treat women like total subhuman slaves! Go us! A trivial, cheap, and actually conservative sentiment.
This is reinforced by the choice of Merkel and Mother Theresa to represent the point. Both are certainly powerful and "successful" individuals. But Merkel represents brutal austerity and center-right entrenchment (btw the problem with her isn't refugees fucking losers lmao i bet the only numbers you get are "birthrate statistics"), and Mother Theresa was a fundamentalist horror story. This tells me the author hasn't thought too deeply about these issues and is only using them instrumentally (and irresponsibly) to advance a plot point. Not good.

Users who are viewing this thread