Trillion Game

I'm dumb, I forgot trillion was a number when I counted. I have seen to many big number values for the past months.Help.

Double-page supporter
Second.

Inagaki found himself another artist. Not quite Murata, but still pretty good.

Actually this something belong to Boichi teritorry than Dr Stone but all is cool

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@gintamacountry
that's pretty iffy: he is probably more popular among older manga readers, but he is definitely less popular among modern manga readers - who are more familiar with eyeshield 21 and onepunch-man. none of ikegami's works really got a full season anime adaptation either. based on pure quantity with a few popular manga among his works, I guess he might be more popular than murata, but it's still unlikely.

Also, @JacobWhorne is probably a more modern manga reader who prefers more modern artstyles than ikegami's partially outdated style, so his perspective is pretty reasonable, so you shouldn't lol at him.

Power Uploader
@cgr
the guy ran his mouth acting like ikegami was some no name before his god murata and here you are defending his ignorance.

none of ikegami's works really got a full season anime adaptation
how does this shit matter? the vast majority of works out there don't work in the tv anime format. ikegami comes from a time when anime was a much smaller industry as well. that doesn't take away from his illustrious career as a mangaka.

outdated style
watch your language. the right term is classic style.

i recommend that people read sanctuary, an ikegami work that was licensed in the 90s when manga started coming to the west. https://mangadex.org/title/6530/sanctuary

maybe read up on the guy too:
https://hakutaku.us/ryoichi-ikegami/

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@gintamacountry
the guy ran his mouth acting like ikegami was some no name before his god murata and here you are defending his ignorance.
you're exaggerating way too much: he just said murata is better, he did agree ikegami's art is good. he brought up murata because murata worked with inagaki before, not because he worships murata. since he didn't even bring up boichi, there is a good chance he likes ikegami's art more than boichi's art.
maybe read up on the guy too:
I did read this over a year ago. it's pretty presumptuous of you to assume I haven't read it.
I know he worked hard, and contributed a lot, but he really isn't that well known compared to murata these days, so I don't deny his skill as an artist, just his popularity compared to murata.
how does this shit matter?....
without anime, his popularity will still be limited. there were still a lot of manga in his time that were fully adapted and the manga artists of those manga because more famous because of the adaptation.
outdated style
watch your language. the right term is classic style.
don't misquote me, I said 'partially outdated style'.
Also, there isn't a true 'right term' , and 'classic style' can mean different things to different readers, so you insisting on the 'classic' is pretty bigoted

Double-page supporter
@gintamacountry

You’re way over interpreting my words here. My comment was mostly addressing the idea that Inagaki as an author brings in new artists when he makes his works. As a huge fan of Eyeshield and a new Inagaki manga is something I’m really interested in and not what I was expecting to find today. I didn’t say that Ikegami is some no name and I am aware that he has a massive portfolio. It’s just that I personally liked the look of Eyeshield better than the look of trillion dollar game.

Ikegami Ryoichi
Born: May 29, 1944
I never thought I'll be reading an ongoing series with him as an artist.
His later works that I have read were always for mature readers. I'm pretty sure that the shounen classification is wrong seeing there is nudity on Page 3.

Dex-chan lover
"$1,000,000,000,000 Game" = "Trillion Game"
For me that's a billion tho.

Users who are viewing this thread