TRPG Player ga Isekai de Saikyou Build wo Mezasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - 1 or 100

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! I hope we don't lose the TRPG aspect of this setting for generic reincarnator story telling.

Dex-chan lover
Been reading the official LN translation, there's gonna be a LOT of new/different stuff compared to the WN, the author is one of those who actually add/change things up when they do the LN version, which the manga is based on, of course.
Destiny Unchained Online is like this. The current manga is being written by a team of writers with the original author of the web novel heading them up. So far, it's turning out to be incredibly awesome.

Dex-chan lover
As I mentioned before, I love when reincarnation/isekai protagonists ger a reality check like this, but hate when the main result of those is always either "I went for the wrong trope" or "guess I better use it all for evil now then"
Well, in LN it wasn't like he suddenly became evil.

Spoiler to LN about this mage dude history:
Actually during reincarnations mage dude was in rush and didn't gave time to buddha(?) to explain his gift and yelled "I want to be cool mage!" and instead of ability to actually make himself anyone like our MC - he got talent to use magic without much training just by pure instincts. With his blessing he even got space-bending magic that considered lost art that only a few can use in modern time. But thing is that magic is way too developed in this word and on par as actual high-end science with plenty researches and practical application to magic.

So, mage dude got pretty decent position in his home town as local noble's mage, got house and decent salary. But after he learn that there are higher class mages called magus who finished magic college, and upon achieving that title of magus they getting even higher position, noble title, money from kingdom, prestige and so on.
So mage dude sold everything, dropped his job and position, dropped everyone behind, including many girls that hoped to be his wife one day (no polygamy for commoners btw, so far polygamy only for high class nobles in LN as I understood and only in certain circumstances).
So mage dude went to capital but in magic college can get only by local magistrate/noble recommendation or by first acquiring teacher from existing college's researchers/professors. He met there that elf (they called methuseah) and displayed his space-bending magic. Elf researched is space-benging magic user as well so she got interested in his magic but after that she asked a lot theoretical magic-related questions. Ofc dude had no idea about anything related to actual magic theory so she said that he is kinda unworthy to be enrolled into magic college since everyone over there are knowledge hungry and with his approach he'll be laughing stock.

Well, mage dude got huge mental damage that first time something went not as he wanted. After that he tried to go back to old work but in his home region nobody accepted his back since loyalty considered greater that talent in that particular case. After that he tried to find another work but without any recommendations and with his shitty high and all mighty attitude he got dumped. Oh he actually got recommendation letter from elf since she kinda had pity on him but he failed hard with attitude and got fired.

Funny thing that employer after that send angry message to elf with "Don't throw me shits that u dumped yourself to me ever again!" xD

So in the end all what he able to do is to become traveling mage-merchant. But this life wasn't really well-paid and it happend that he got acquainted with some thugs and easy money by non-legal means got him hooked. And as result little by little after some time he found himself totally into kidnapping during travels to sell children to nobles for money. And since it is actually almost impossible to find culprits as soon as they went out of local canton and because with magic he could silence anyone without evidences in woods any witnesses, this mage dude kinda accepted this way of life as a given.

So, yeah. It was process that took like two decades between encounter with elf in capital and encounter with mc in village.

Dex-chan lover
Just discovered this! Thanks for all the hard work you put into scanlating for us! (^_^) can't wait to see what happens!

Dex-chan lover
7346-pepe-hmmm.png
sexy onee-san has arrived. +1 in the harem.

Users who are viewing this thread