Truth Weavers - Vol. 6 Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm.. I don't think this was set up as a LN ad as such. Nor did it meet Axe-kun, per sé.

It's a full and complete "origin story" in and of itself. This is more of a proper adaptation of what you can expect of a first volume in one of the major multi-volume fantasy cycles, where each part of the larger story is contained within a single book, and quite often each major "arc" published as a trilogy.
(Western publishing has its own Immutable Thradhithions....)

I've a feeling this one was intended to only run as long as this, and that any wonkyness is more of a result of a misjudgement in scripting/pacing regarding the finite amount of pages.
So a "promo" because it does help introduce a segment of the market who ordinarily don't actually read to the larger story.
And "Axe-kun" because it could have had another volume.... But that would mean only more Mopey MC Doing Depressed Soulsearching While Cockblocking Himself. ( and that.... has a limited, and quite saturated, market... )

As-is, well done. With a "proper" resolution and an open ending that leaves room for much, much more.
But honestly... The rather Angsty and quite convoluted morality pulpit-pounding has me turned off from this one.
If the LN continues with this trend it's more for the people who rave about "Waiting for Godot".

Aggregator gang
Pretty solid ending to the arc despite being a promotion material. if anything this is already good enough to eb adapted toa movie or a series believe.
plus it is consistent with the theme so I think that's a plus.

Dex-chan lover
I had a really good time reading this, sad it's over.

Dex-chan lover
Damm dude, i really believed we was gonna get an epic saga, but then the oddly speedy story out of nowhere took me by surprise. Now i see that it's over already. Big sad, it was good, but far too short :(

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not surprised that this ended - the plot seemed to advance quite quickly. This was a very good read and had a lot of things I really wanted to be explored. I'm disappointed but I'm glad I've read this. Love stories about war and its impact, after all.

EDIT: is the novel got anywhere longer than this? If yes, is it translated?

Last edited:
Thanks to the Death Toll team for your quality work, wouldn’t have been nearly as enjoyable without such a skilled group!! + thx to the various different groups who uploaded in the beginning for getting it started.

I really loved this story and wish it had been longer. Truth Weavers reminded me of how it felt to read Vinland Saga for the first time. Left me wanting more but the ending itself was nice as far as sudden endings go.

I love seinen themes but am so sick of the childish fan-service, self-insert OP leads, poorly written characters, etc, that have somehow seemed more present in stories in recent years. Truth Weavers was a breath of fresh air.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this is such a waste... It had the potential to be something really great, and instead they throw it away for some useless marketing! At least we got a nice story out of it, albeit in a mutilated version...
The drawing was really something else, I hope we will see this artist again.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL and the ride!
Like Saboutei Must be Destroyed, it was one hell of a ride

Dex-chan lover
Yeah when I saw that it had just this many chaps I knew that it wouldnt be able to finish most of them. Sincerely I read It all in siting and I gotta say, probably going to check out the novel, some parts and transitions were just done too fast. Overall an 7-8, that could very easily become a 8.5-9 if the novels are done decently.

Dex-chan lover
Really didn't think this series would go the way of being a novel advertisement considering the seeming grand scale of the plot earlier on. I'm rather disappointed it went the rather rushed route it did but I'm glad the author atleast was able to put out a semblance of the message he intended from the series.

I will say in particular, dashing away the kingdom conquest storyline in favor of the reuniting arc and sitting on the sidelines while major story progression occurs elsewhere leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I suppose the characters wanted to meet each other more than anything. I just wish their motivations didn't seem quite so wishy-washy. I do not think it required the full length of the series for Zechs to realize what he really wanted, and I really wanted Leon to gather a bit more self-worth by the end but they've eventually found their path I suppose as the series concludes lol.

Fed-Kun's army
Zechs ends up killing innocent people and seeing how he was doing exactly the things that originally lead to him losing his family, but "It's fine." I guess there's no need to worry about anyone holding him accountable, so good thing he doesn't have a conscience then. Like, I get that he sorta regrets what he did, but other than losing access to his vein of guidance, he seems to be dealing with it weirdly well.

Users who are viewing this thread