Tsugihagi Darake no Saikyou Yuusha - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Crazy theory time; Edmund was not a human in life. Bro was probably a demon that was able to breathe air rather than miasma.
I also suspect demonic involvement on some level. The author took pains to make it clear that every attempt at resurrecting humans has failed.

So perhaps Edmund is part demon, or was host to a demon, and that is why he could be reanimated. Or Hecate borrowed the power of a demon to make it happen.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

Dex-chan lover
Homie is finally asking the real questions.

I'm noticing a lot of names from Shakespeare's corpus. Ophelia is one of Hamlet's potential wives whose ultimately driven mad by his heinous actions. Edmund is the antagonist in King Lear, a womanizer and murderer. Hecate is the leader of the witches from Macbeth, and crucially the one who convinces Macbeth that he will not come to harm, thereby dooming him.

Portia is the plucky protagonist of The Merchant of Venice, and unlike the previous three characters, is an unambiguously good person.

So Portia's name is part of a much broader pattern, though for her character it may have been selected for the reasons you described.
what about garantia?

Dex-chan lover

I'm noticing a lot of names from Shakespeare's corpus. Ophelia is one of Hamlet's potential wives whose ultimately driven mad by his heinous actions. Edmund is the antagonist in King Lear, a womanizer and murderer. Hecate is the leader of the witches from Macbeth, and crucially the one who convinces Macbeth that he will not come to harm, thereby dooming him.

Portia is the plucky protagonist of The Merchant of Venice, and unlike the previous three characters, is an unambiguously good person.

So Portia's name is part of a much broader pattern, though for her character it may have been selected for the reasons you described.
My knowledge on Shakespeare plays is very limited. My only grain of knowledge comes from Mabinogi, where 3 of those plays were turned into actual storylines

okay so the hero was obviously a cannibal so what weird shit were the rest of the party up to {other than the priest waterboard cover i got no clue } I also could be reading into this to much

Dex-chan lover
I really like her character design. Pls dont kill her dear author...

Dex-chan lover
Looking back to chapter 1, it seems like when Hecate asked them to be revived, the hero is the only one who respond with a no. Combined that with the stack of plates when he's eating the MC, I wonder if the hero ate their soul or something.

Dex-chan lover
Can't blame the hero for not wanting to be resurrected in this brutal world.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the og Edmund had the zombie skill before. Probably something messed up made him quit living and abandon his waifus

Dex-chan lover
Hero probably refused to be resurrected because he knew that an immortal zombie body was the only way 🤷‍♀️

Fed-Kun's army
I

I guess this would somehow explain the personalities of the previous souls of the hero's party members

Users who are viewing this thread