Tsugihagi Darake no Saikyou Yuusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
Just so you all know, this story has 100+ chaps already in the raws, so we gonna be in this one for the long run.
I'm ready, sir!

new-nikke-kilo-an-ssr-nikke-who-fights-alongside-the-robot-v0-3k7sm94dunvc1.webp

Dex-chan lover
does the creator have a fetish for let the heroes(and some villains) suffer so much?
and let them have a FREAKING break from that once in while and let them BE HAPPY too! it is not that hard.

Dex-chan lover
Just checking in here. Mhmmmm mhmmmm. Looks about what I expected.

For everyone confused by my eternal references about this being like Firepunch in terms of suffering of the characters... I recommend ya'll go read the first few chapters if you haven't done so. Don't worry. I'll wait right here.

. . .

Welcome back! You see, for you to truly understand how bleak this world and it's outlook is, you must see the characters suffer and die, suffer and die.... suffer and die, forever.

I'm calling my shot right here, right now: There isn't going to be a happy ending, and the suffering will go on as long as the hope continues. Many many MANY more people will die on the way to this bad ending. (Don't get too attached to anyone. You got your warning just now.)

• Drink
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Kind of like the Gardener as a character. 100% a monster but not necessarily a malicious one. Doesn't want to torture humans, honestly doesn't even really seem to hate them. Could almost see their attack as a kind of mercy, sparing humanity from the pain of burning to death and saving the nature that would burn with them at the same time.

Drastically different from the Clown.

Dex-chan lover
This feel a bit like the 7 sins or whatever that manga with the constant rape was called.
When every single enemy causes excessive gore, it loses all impact. So it's less a "ooooh will the hero survive" and more.
"oh, the hero's dying again"

This feel a bit like the 7 sins or whatever that manga with the constant rape was called.
When every single enemy causes excessive gore, it loses all impact. So it's less a "ooooh will the hero survive" and more.
"oh, the hero's dying again"
Yep, the great senki family or something like that. Authors with weak writing skills use gore, violence and smut as crutch to tell stories. That’s what this seems like to me, just like that senki manga but with gore.

It’s basically, “they’re real bad, so we hate them”. I’ve read a lot of stories like that, and I already got desensitized to them. I can’t get interested in stories just because it’s gory or cruel, but it still works on a lot of people so yeah we have this here.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, the great senki family or something like that. Authors with weak writing skills use gore, violence and smut as crutch to tell stories. That’s what this seems like to me, just like that senki manga but with gore.

It’s basically, “they’re real bad, so we hate them”. I’ve read a lot of stories like that, and I already got desensitized to them. I can’t get interested in stories just because it’s gory or cruel, but it still works on a lot of people so yeah we have this here.
You get it.
Don't get me wrong. I love gore and violence in manga. But it should be kept for relevant moments. Seeing the hero get stabbed should be more impactful than. "Oh the priest is getting impaled again" She was almost sawn in half by the first guy why would I think she won't survive a neck stab?

• Drink

Users who are viewing this thread