Tsuiho Yusha no Yugana Seikatsu ~Jiyu ni Nattara Ore Dake no Saiai Tenshi no te ni Haitta!~ - Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
Dex-chan lover
I can't decide if the story is really that bad or is it because of the MTL tier translation.
ngl, i got curious so i went and checked the web novel's translated chapters...while the story in of itself might not be the greatest....the manga translation is absolutely stroke tier :haa:

The MTL is horrible, it makes reading the 2 chapters on novelupdates feel like heaven just based on the grammar :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
What's funny is that it's super easy to make a good slave heroine, just follow these simple steps

#1 set them free as soon as you purchase them. Slavery is wrong, congrats you have promoted freedom instead. Or...

#2 don't buy them in the first place, and instead just skip right to setting them free, because buying them would support slavers, and that's bad. Or...

#3 don't have the hero and heroine immediately Interested in each other, because why would they be anyways? Have them gradually grow feelings for each other instead, you know, like literally any normal human beings on the planet.

And as some extra measures, make sure to provide opportunities for her to escape throughout the story, and she gradually starts considering them less and less, until the point she just straight up ignores them.

But of course none of these ideas will appear in any of these harem slave fantasy trash cans of manga, because they threw their good writing out along with their souls when they made this toxic waste.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously what the fuck is up with Japanese media and slavery these days?
These days? Isn't it a trope with quite a long history by now? I wonder who came up with it first, because it's such a recycled and copy-pasted story beat, that some authors treat like a mandatory element of fantasy.
Sometimes slavery is a minor occurrence that gets completely disregarded later in the story, making it ignorable. Sometimes it plays a major role, and usually handled sloppily. And sometimes you get a total pants-on-head silly take such as this one here that doesn't make any sense.

Dex-chan lover
These days? Isn't it a trope with quite a long history by now? I wonder who came up with it first, because it's such a recycled and copy-pasted story beat, that some authors treat like a mandatory element of fantasy.
Sometimes slavery is a minor occurrence that gets completely disregarded later in the story, making it ignorable. Sometimes it plays a major role, and usually handled sloppily. And sometimes you get a total pants-on-head silly take such as this one here that doesn't make any sense.
Yeah it's been around, but I've been seeing it way more lately. Like every other shitsekai has to plug in slavery, where I don't think it was like that for the last few years. Maybe I just never paid attention to it, maybe it's just so oversaturated that only the really shit authors are making isekai now, either way I saw like 5 in a row and was annoyed :kek:

Dex-chan lover
Why do all isekai slave traders dress like the Penguin from Tim Burton's Batman?...
But not Alan-san from Isekai Meikyuu, because he's based. God bless Roxanne! :hearts: :win:
When they stop seeing slave wives as the solution to lonely otaku.
Like it's a bad thing if slavery exists in a given world and both parties take good care of each other. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread