Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Ch. 12 - Detour

Group Leader
I really wonder if the the author will address the Est situation since it clearly is bothering his readers or if he just keeps on trucking. In a way it keeps people reading because it is so shameless
This is an adaptation of a Light Novel. The source material was cut short due to low ratings, and the manga adapts the work in its entirety, lasting for only 30 chapters.

I have read the last chapter, since the raws are out, and let me tell you,
it's a big cop out!

Dex-chan lover
This is an adaptation of a Light Novel. The source material was cut short due to low ratings, and the manga adapts the work in its entirety, lasting for only 30 chapters.

I have read the last chapter, since the raws are out, and let me tell you,
it's a big cop out!
Figures. Talk about digging your own stories grave in chapter one with a premise like that.

Group Leader
Figures. Talk about digging your own stories grave in chapter one with a premise like that.
Ironically enough, this story could have worked if the author had played the trope straight.

Instead of focusing on a bunch of hypocrites who could all have saved the banished guy but chose not to for no real valid reason and then refused to fix the misunderstandings solely because the author wants to get that Daru x Athena ship sailing, the author should have made them all be dickheads on purpose and simply played the same average "banished from the party" straight, just from the party's perspective.

Imagine if we had been accompanying these idiots comically failing in their adventures time and time again, slowly coming to the realization that they kicked the guy that was carrying the party, eventually accepting that they screwed themselves over, and when they go invite the guy back to the party, he's either too powerful for them, found a better party or has died trying to prove his worth alone in the dungeon.

With the first half of the story showing how dependent they all were on the guy they banished, and the second half being about the party on the brick of disbanding because they have lost the guy forever, and then having to figure out how they will handle the situation going forward now that everyone has to carry their own weight and properly learn to synergize with each other, I'm sure we could have got a pretty good story!

The main issue here is that the author tried to put the antagonists on the seat of the protagonist, and in order to do that, he had to give each member virtues attributed to heroes (never give up, always think of your friends, is actually secretly strong, training arc, etc.), and ended up giving Est villainous attribute (mocks those bellow him, treats women unfairly, gloats to others around him, etc.) to make them look better in comparison. If he had made the main characters villainous and Est heroic, but the story played from the perspective of the antagonists, this could have been gold!

But alas, the author was not self aware enough to have a good idea beyond an interesting premise.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't actually read the chapter, I'm just here to read the comments on how much lower the protagonists has stooped. And I gotta say, it's going great.

It's not like the previous installments that dropped the ratings by entire 0.3 points, now we only see 0.02 points dropped but I don't doubt we can go lower. We just have to believe.

I'd like to thank the translators for going out of their way to give us this fun activity we can all participate in. Let's get those numbers lower! Woo!!

Ironically enough, this story could have worked if the author had played the trope straight.

Instead of focusing on a bunch of hypocrites who could all have saved the banished guy but chose not to for no real valid reason and then refused to fix the misunderstandings solely because the author wants to get that Daru x Athena ship sailing, the author should have made them all be dickheads on purpose and simply played the same average "banished from the party" straight, just from the party's perspective.

Imagine if we had been accompanying these idiots comically failing in their adventures time and time again, slowly coming to the realization that they kicked the guy that was carrying the party, eventually accepting that they screwed themselves over, and when they go invite the guy back to the party, he's either too powerful for them, found a better party or has died trying to prove his worth alone in the dungeon.

With the first half of the story showing how dependent they all were on the guy they banished, and the second half being about the party on the brick of disbanding because they have lost the guy forever, and then having to figure out how they will handle the situation going forward now that everyone has to carry their own weight and properly learn to synergize with each other, I'm sure we could have got a pretty good story!

The main issue here is that the author tried to put the antagonists on the seat of the protagonist, and in order to do that, he had to give each member virtues attributed to heroes (never give up, always think of your friends, is actually secretly strong, training arc, etc.), and ended up giving Est villainous attribute (mocks those bellow him, treats women unfairly, gloats to others around him, etc.) to make them look better in comparison. If he had made the main characters villainous and Est heroic, but the story played from the perspective of the antagonists, this could have been gold!

But alas, the author was not self aware enough to have a good idea beyond an interesting premise.
Why couldn't this have been the story instead of this? I read up to ch2 when it came out stopped cause i figured it wasn't gonna be good the way it was, came back read up to 6 to give it a chance and it still failed to meet my already low expectations, it's really sad to see a concept not seen a lot that could have been great just fall so hard cause the author didn't want to actually provide a good base.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh thanks for the update, i didnt read it but I totally forgot that I wanted to drop this trash of a series after reading spoiler on main thread,

Dont get me wrong, I relish trash most of the time, isekai trash, villainess trash, and so on

but this is literal trash trash , I can tell I wont enjoy it one bit in the long run and refuse to invest anymore on it,
As a "trash collector" myself, I'm relieved that I can still identify the difference between "trash title" and a "shit title". This title is "shit" tier manga. I'm still reading this maybe because i want to punch the mc's hypocrite face.

Dex-chan lover
ah as expected this comment section will never fail to disappoint me. the hate daru gets is just as unreal and unfounded as always. the man does nothing wrong and he gets hate. i bet a million bucks if the mc looked his age instead of looking 30 or if est was the mc no one would be this mad at him for doing literally the standard protagonist things he's been doing this whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread