Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Ch. 26 - Reinforcements

Dex-chan lover
Lmao no, more like Daru wanking arc. There's nothing can redeem him at this point.

As far as he's concerned, witnessing and helping Athena rise to the top would be the only redemption Daru would ever care about. His former party was aiming for that and perished. He only joined Athena's team because she had that same dream. So, that would be his redemption. He wouldn't give a damn about anything else.

Dex-chan lover
You are a writer? Can't seem to find a way to reconcile the main plot with your self-insert? Just make characters magicly understand and come to terms with the facts they have no way of knowing without a single line of dialog, implication or outside help. So that he is no longer in the wrong without any input of his own.

Dex-chan lover
I can't leave your side!
Why? Because Daru said they might follow you or feel guilty if you go off on your own and die? Because he made you remember that the way they tried to protect you would have killed you if you hadn't awakened in the process?

Your new party members have known you for like a month or two, tops. Your attachment to Athena may as well have been your entire life up to that point. They were fine until you came into their lives and they will be fine when you pass on. They also know you're WAY stronger than them and anything that can defeat you is way beyond them.

Least bad ending from here would be giving Daru his heroic sacrifice and having him die to the demon and everyone else getting out safely, but this bracelet nonsense is just going to be his limiter removal moment or something and then author will throw in some weak justification for why he didn't do it on the way there, or when Est was in mortal danger. It's all so tiresome.

Dex-chan lover
Mother of all ass-pulls ! And Est conveniently forgot how Daru destroyed his relationship with his then GF Athena and didn't bother to clear up the misunderstandings. I guess the author had no way to make that one magically disappear as well

Dex-chan lover
I knew Est was going to say a version of "I'm sorry" at some time because Daru never did no wrong!

But Athena shouldering all the weight?... she can barely hold her own weight, they where shouldering each other, it was his magic that allow her to fight... if he was truly so dependent of Athena as a shield he would not have gone to the dungeon immediately after being kicked out

And the answer of Est´s party... does the author shoots his own foot on purpose? or is he just telling us that the main characters of this story are just flawed people, not in the normal sense but in the "they should not be adventurers" type of sense, with their horrible decision making and their taste for unneeded drama... including Daru and his incredible bracelets of the deus ex machina

...Also, you can stop with the quick updates, is really hurting my heart that i need to wait for a month at least for a chapter of other mangas, but only days for this... thanks for your work i´ll stop consuming this type of drug once this is over

If only Daru could die here, that would be a satisfying redemption arc for him. Sacrificing himself so the others could escape. Not going to happen though since the author crafted Daru as a tragic hero type even though a great number of his actions have been contradictory to being a hero.

Dex-chan lover
When you wish page 7 was in chapter 3 and the story would've been a much different experience. Well, not so much with the Daru-wank, but less drama.

Would be nice to have a story of two teams competing and helping each other instead of this.

Dex-chan lover
Well Est, rather than being unable to say those I'm pretty sure you had no opportunity to say them since you were strongly, unilaterally, and in no uncertain terms kicked out. Further more the situation in which you awakened was far more dire than simply resolving to 'protecting yourself', you nearly died my man.

Daru wank is expected, but why is the author making Est dumber?

Group Leader
Well Est, rather than being unable to say those I'm pretty sure you had no opportunity to say them since you were strongly, unilaterally, and in no uncertain terms kicked out. Further more the situation in which you awakened was far more dire than simply resolving to 'protecting yourself', you nearly died my man.

Daru wank is expected, but why is the author making Est dumber?
Because the only way that the author knows how to make himse- ahem Dale seem better is by putting down those around him.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly now I wanna see the same concept from an actual decent writer. Do you know anything similar to this.
I agree with this comment. This trope reversal of having the POV of the party either recovering from their mistake or failing because of it, and dealing with their painful regret for ditching the childhood friend with whom they had a promise/oath (in this case) is an interesting concept.

There should be little focus on the expelled party except to show his success and his decision that he would never return even if asked. Almost all of the focus should be on the expelling party, and there has to be one or more people in that party that you can identify with. In this case Athena could have been that character but instead everything focused on Daru.

Dex-chan lover
I'm speculating that one reason we have this rushed Est return and whitewashing of the betrayal (with only "maybe she did it for my own good") is because the mangaka knew this was being canceled and he had to wrap it up.

Users who are viewing this thread