Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Banishment

Group Leader
I'm fairly certain "Dale" would be "dēru" or 「デール」, since the english pronunciation approximates the long-vowel E and not the english A ('ay' pronunciation), unless you pronounce it like "sail", but I don't think that's correct.

Either way, I've seen worse out there.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm fairly certain "Dale" would be "dēru" or 「デーツ」, since the english pronunciation approximates the long-vowel E and not the english A ('ay' pronunciation), unless you pronounce it like "sail", but I don't think that's correct.

Are you sure about this? Another katakana word from english is ゲーム and game has the 'ay' sound... Dale seems correct

Dex-chan lover
fliping the banishment trope around i see
good
hopefully est wont come back later as an moron thou...... like if i get a banishment manga where the banish people are sensible and not jerks pls dont make the banished guy turn out to be an asshat later just let everoyne stay good ok

Group Leader
Are you sure about this? Another katakana word from english is ゲーム and game has the 'ay' sound... Dale seems correct
Just to clarify all doubts, in the raw manga the name is stated as ダル (DARU) whereas you're saying デ (DE).
Also according to the japanese pronunciation, DARU is also pronounced as DAL as RU sound is considered as L in english. If the name was DA-E-RU (ダエル) then naming him DALE makes sense. Anyways why even bother about names for now?

Dex-chan lover
hopefully est wont come back later as an moron thou...... like if i get a banishment manga where the banish people are sensible and not jerks pls dont make the banished guy turn out to be an asshat later just let everoyne stay good ok
I'll second that. But at the same time, him being somewhat standoffish, maybe even a bit aggressive, towards them would be fully justifiable.

We know they banished Est out of fear of him dying as the party pushed higher, but he doesn't. As far as he knows, his friends just up and stabbed him in the back out of nowhere, calling him a useless burden and tossing him on the street.

That typically doesn't engender feelings of "let bygones be bygones", but I'm hoping that, if he reappears in the story, Est will be apathetic towards them rather than hostile; that'd be far easier to reconcile.

Dex-chan lover
I went and looked at the raw. It seems that the MC of this manga/story was the guy with the scar on his cheek and not the banished guy.

Group Leader
Game and Dale have completely different pronunciations in english though. Since the kana isn't "deeru", it's "daru", it's more like... Dahl, if we're being phonetically accurate i guess

Just to clarify all doubts, in the raw manga the name is stated as ダル (DARU) whereas you're saying デ (DE).
Also according to the japanese pronunciation, DARU is also pronounced as DAL as RU sound is considered as L in english. If the name was DA-E-RU (ダエル) then naming him DALE makes sense. Anyways why even bother about names for now?
No, I'm not disagreeing with this, I'm just commenting on the note at the end. Like I said, I've seen worse.
I don't really care too much here. Just throwing out my 2¢.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese is written as it is pronounced, that's why many spelling really different in katakana

I'm fairly certain "Dale" would be "dēru" or 「デーツ」,
I also agree with Dale is most likely written as デーツ デール in Japanese (*wink-wink)

BUT...
if you write it as Dalle (whether you pronounce it in English or French) the Japanese will be ダル

just a thought

Last edited:
Group Leader
The scared face guy or the soon to be chunni guy?
scarred face(dale, daru or whatever)... for some reasons, you'll soon feel the same

yep and that makes this manga taste foul. I guess the author is a woman and this is how her mind works, but it is really convoluted. incompleteness aside, the boy in this chapter did nothing wrong to deserve the cheating.

and fuck she falls for the older guy so easily, just because he is there and being nice. granted he is strong and reliable, compare to the loser she chased away he is way more attractive, but for god sake please show some fucking guilt.
lol give her some time to cook, she'll show regret in upcoming chapters

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I went and looked at the raw. It seems that the MC of this manga/story was the guy with the scar on his cheek and not the banished guy.
yep and that makes this manga taste foul. I guess the author is a woman and this is how her mind works, but it is really convoluted. incompleteness aside, the boy in this chapter did nothing wrong to deserve the cheating.

and fuck she falls for the older guy so easily, just because he is there and being nice. granted he is strong and reliable, compare to the loser she chased away he is way more attractive, but for god sake please show some fucking guilt.

Group Leader

You'll enjoy the next few chapters then, but after a while you'll wonder where is the revenge in it

Dex-chan lover
Well, thanks for picking up, note that this is ending with chapter 33 as announced at the end of chapter 31, though since is an adaptation wonder how much it adapted

Thanks for the chapter

edit: Well after checking out, looks like the WN was completed this month too, but translation for it is only at 63 out of 106 chapters, though i don't think manga went all the way through that

Last edited:
Group Leader
Well, thanks for picking up, note that this is ending with chapter 33 as announced at the end of chapter 31, though since is an adaptation wonder how much it adapted

Thanks for the chapter
no no wtf
I read the freaking whole novel and it's longer, and now on hiatus... but it has material enough for 50 chapters
I THIRST FOR REVENGEEEE NOT DALE X ATHENA SHIP

Dex-chan lover
I'm fairly certain "Dale" would be "dēru" or 「デーツ」, since the english pronunciation approximates the long-vowel E and not the english A ('ay' pronunciation), unless you pronounce it like "sail", but I don't think that's correct.

Japanese is written as it is pronounced, that's why many spelling really different in katakana

I also agree with Dale is most likely written as デーツ in Japanese

BUT...
if you write it as Dalle (whether you pronounce it in English or French) the Japanese will be ダル

just a thought

Ummm, I'd like to point out that last letter is 'tu/tsu', not 'ru' so you're typing de-tsu in kana.

Users who are viewing this thread