Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Misunderstanding

Dex-chan lover
Not just the timing and the impossible tripping posture, but that he can walk in without knocking or anything in the middle of the night (it should be night right).

Well it's also bullshit how he suddenly "auto casted" a bunch of spells when dying and thinks nothing of it, like he was expecting to power up through crisis.

Group Leader
If you're worrying about love triangle or NTR... then from the raws I can say there's NO love triangle. Daru doesn't hold feelings for Athena.

Dex-chan lover
Who tried to carry a drunk like that? “Here carry me” - she’s freaking passed out from being drunk. Only reason someone ever would do that is if they want to make a very weird misunderstanding.
Everything felt really lazily written and we’re only at chapter 2, so don’t have high expectations over this.

Dex-chan lover
Man I know this is supposed to focus more on the party instead of the banished guy but him gaining his broken power is even more lazy than normal.

Literally goes from "I can only cast buff magic on others and not myself!" to "oh nevermind I can"
I'm just playing devil's advocate here, because I mostly agree, but I wonder if it's intended to be less a case of "I can't buff myself" and more a case of "I can't buff myself... Because I'm too busy buffing others".

Like, the first chapter says he can't cast on himself and that once he casts his magic, he has to be protected, but that's only said by Athena while they're in act of expelling him. We don't actually have any objective proof that he can't buff himself.

Dex-chan lover
Man, from Est's perspective, I think I would just start over in a new town tbh, told I'm a burden by my party just to walk in on my good "friend" and crush in such a position (How they get into that position is insane). Either start over or use my newfound powers and incel mindset to destroy the party and become the next BBEG. I do hope that he got outside help in that cave and he still isn't able to buff himself, or that he's only able to do so order extreme duress, it'd be pretty annoying if he's back in the party that fast, though the way they broke up is way over the top

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, because I mostly agree, but I wonder if it's intended to be less a case of "I can't buff myself" and more a case of "I can't buff myself... Because I'm too busy buffing others".

Like, the first chapter says he can't cast on himself and that once he casts his magic, he has to be protected, but that's only said by Athena while they're in act of expelling him. We don't actually have any objective proof that he can't buff himself.
thats true, it might be the case that because he was so focused on casting buffs on the other party members he forgot that he can buff himself or possibly it was a sub-coconscious decision which made him unable to see that fact that buffing himself was also a viable option while in the party(a sub-coconscious limitation to oneself halting progress).

Well it could be a case of something being lost in translation which would make it better but I still don't think it works based on when he said it this chapter.

At the start of this chapter he says he's useless because he can only use buff magic and he cant use it on himself. I was expecting something like him being able to buff his equipment, being able to debuff enemies or some kind of application that we could assume he wouldn't have thought of before.

Dex-chan lover
thats true, it might be the case that because he was so focused on casting buffs on the other party members he forgot that he can buff himself or possibly it was a sub-coconscious decision which made him unable to see that fact that buffing himself was also a viable option while in the party(a sub-coconscious limitation to oneself halting progress).
It was an issue before the party even formed. From the beginning, he's never been able to use anything other than enchantment and only on others. If it's sub-conscious, it would come from a preoccupation with Athena, being childhood friends.

That said, he's basically just the usual case. Thing is, in this world, there's supposed to be more that goes into getting stronger. That's more an issue for the party than Est since he's the usual where he has one ability and it just conveniently does everything for him...atleast for now. He has no other talents so he seems to get by through just overpowering everything with it and enchanting his new harem. For the party, they need to learn martial arts and how to use their enhancement magic that swordsman and such use. I think the story is decent when it doesn't focus on Est.

Dex-chan lover
It was an issue before the party even formed. From the beginning, he's never been able to use anything other than enchantment and only on others. If it's sub-conscious, it would come from a preoccupation with Athena, being childhood friends.

That said, he's basically just the usual case. Thing is, in this world, there's supposed to be more that goes into getting stronger. That's more an issue for the party than Est since he's the usual where he has one ability and it just conveniently does everything for him...atleast for now. He has no other talents so he seems to get by through just overpowering everything with it and enchanting his new harem. For the party, they need to learn martial arts and how to use their enhancement magic that swordsman and such use. I think the story is decent when it doesn't focus on Est.
The problem is
the "Warrior" is the hypocrite. Because in the middle of novel, he is actually an OP adventurer who has a lot of magic and experience but for some reason, he sealed himself for 10 years and act as rundown hobo. Later he decided do the training regimen with the girls only after Est was kicked and gained power. Does not fix the misunderstanding and quote "If he really love her, he should have barged and punch me to protect her". Could do the training together with Est before the expulsion happened.

The story went even deeper than the rabbit burrow with illogical plots.

Est is still heartbroken and lost even after getting the new party. Feel sorry him as he experienced the cuckold as the "misunderstanding" slowly become real thing as the story progressed.

The Stardust? Don't feel an ounce of pity for them.

Users who are viewing this thread