Tsuihou Suru Gawa no Monogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Misunderstanding

Group Leader
If you're worrying about love triangle or NTR... then from the raws I can say there's NO love triangle. Daru doesn't hold feelings for Athena.
He's more like the reader of a ntr manga where the husband is watching his wife or girl he likes get taken away by another man. He thinks est is a pussy for running away.

Group Leader
The problem is
the "Warrior" is the hypocrite. Because in the middle of novel, he is actually an OP adventurer who has a lot of magic and experience but for some reason, he sealed himself for 10 years and act as rundown hobo. Later he decided do the training regimen with the girls only after Est was kicked and gained power. Does not fix the misunderstanding and quote "If he really love her, he should have barged and punch me to protect her". Could do the training together with Est before the expulsion happened.

The story went even deeper than the rabbit burrow with illogical plots.

Est is still heartbroken and lost even after getting the new party. Feel sorry him as he experienced the cuckold as the "misunderstanding" slowly become real thing as the story progressed.

The Stardust? Don't feel an ounce of pity for them.
He didn't want to be a in the party in the first place bro that's why he didn't do it. He only got really serious after Est taunted him and basically seeing Athena's resolve.

Dex-chan lover
i actually kinda baffled with how dale act here, but then...

there's actually a reason why daru/dale actually act pathetic like that in the entire time, it only addressed in the last part on the WN tough

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The problem is
the "Warrior" is the hypocrite. Because in the middle of novel, he is actually an OP adventurer who has a lot of magic and experience but for some reason, he sealed himself for 10 years and act as rundown hobo. Later he decided do the training regimen with the girls only after Est was kicked and gained power. Does not fix the misunderstanding and quote "If he really love her, he should have barged and punch me to protect her". Could do the training together with Est before the expulsion happened.

The story went even deeper than the rabbit burrow with illogical plots.

Est is still heartbroken and lost even after getting the new party. Feel sorry him as he experienced the cuckold as the "misunderstanding" slowly become real thing as the story progressed.

The Stardust? Don't feel an ounce of pity for them.
on top of what ankiwi said,
he's been training them up until this point to begin with. They're all newbies and he's been teaching them about adventuring up until now. He also was the one who voted to keep him in since he seemed like he would have a breakthrough soon, though he didn't know how soon and what he needed for it. Also keep in mind that, again, the only thing Est can do is enchantment, not enhancement, healing, or offensive magic. He couldn't teach Est anything about fighting because he physically could not fight yet. Even just using a sword would have required enhancement magic as a foundation. Even if he practices swinging his sword like he said he was, it wouldn't be enough if he can't manage the bear minimum ability for the techniques. There wasn't anything he could teach him that would fix this.

He also puts more effort into clearing up the misunderstanding in the moment in the manga version. Anyway, I said this on the first chapter but the way they handled firing him wasn't actually that bad. Trying to say more about worrying about him would make it worse when you're firing someone. This is also a continuous problem that he's known long enough to try and take up extra tasks out of fear of being fired.

Though, to be fair, Athena is the only one who was really hit by this. Everyone else wasn't that reliant on him to begin with but she had no idea what it's like without him. It's less 'Stardust's problem' than it is 'Athena's problem'. Either way, it's not really about pitying them. It's about what's needed to move forward after the split and I do like the 'talent vs cheat' setup where the party has to train and learn to turn the potential of their talents into actual abilities while Est coasts on his sudden breakthrough. Being able to enjoy that requires that you can accept the initial split and most don't honestly. I can though, I've never been laid-off in a way that was more gentle than this, because there isn't a nice way to break that news in the first place and lay-offs aren't even the person's fault, it's the company's.

Dex-chan lover
I read ahead the raws and skimmed through the WN. From what I can see, it's pretty bad.

The party is a hypocrite. While Est is flourishing in his new party his heart is broken all throughout and his eyes are dead, he's never happy cause he thought Dale was fucking Athena, and what did Dale think about that? "If he really loves her then he should have punched me when he saw me on top of her". When Est saw them at the Guild he was all angry and petty towards Athena (which is justified, given that he thought he was ultimately banished just so Dale and Athena could freely fuck), Dale was like "cool story bro" and didn't even explain the truth. Dale gets all the bitches, including Athena (he has favoritism towards her, and Athena's goal has been Dale all along, we all know how that ends). Surprise surprise Dale is an OP MC who is just hiding his true power because of trauma. Somehow this experienced adult had the knowledge and skill to train people, but didn't do it for some reason when Est's weakness was put into question when they were dismissing him, which would have solved the problem (The problem being Athena thinking Est could die cause he's weak) in the first place.

Now what I said might be wrong or some details might be off but I honestly can't be bothered to read through it all properly anymore. It just feels bad to read it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Fundamental problem is when the plot hinges on people being idiots for the plot to advance. E.g. simple, basic answer "You're my dear friend, and you're not fitting in the party, (which problem we've already talked about before, because we're not idiots). I care about you too much for this to get in the way of our friendship. So let's go have a beer now. And keep meeting for lunch and things like the friends we are." "Yeah, okay."

Group Leader
I read ahead the raws and skimmed through the WN. From what I can see, it's pretty bad.

The party is a hypocrite. While Est is flourishing in his new party his heart is broken all throughout and his eyes are dead, he's never happy cause he thought Dale was fucking Athena, and what did Dale think about that? "If he really loves her then he should have punched me when he saw me on top of her". When Est saw them at the Guild he was all angry and petty towards Athena (which is justified, given that he thought he was ultimately banished just so Dale and Athena could freely fuck), Dale was like "cool story bro" and didn't even explain the truth. Dale gets all the bitches, including Athena (he has favoritism towards her, and Athena's goal has been Dale all along, we all know how that ends). Surprise surprise Dale is an OP MC who is just hiding his true power because of trauma. Somehow this experienced adult had the knowledge and skill to train people, but didn't do it for some reason when Est's weakness was put into question when they were dismissing him, which would have solved the problem (The problem being Athena thinking Est could die cause he's weak) in the first place.

Now what I said might be wrong or some details might be off but I honestly can't be bothered to read through it all properly anymore. It just feels bad to read it.
the latest manga chapters are kinda deviating from the novel

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was gonna be a fun manga. it's gonna be depressing, isn't it?
well, i'm not going to judge, but i think this is not for me.

Dex-chan lover

Thanks for reading ahead. If it looks like a dumpster fire, and smells like a dumpster fire...then it's treasure to the Trailblazer!

I guess I just don't feel any sympathy for what's supposed to be the MC(Dale) and his party, and it looks like it doesn't get better in a character development way. The logic kinda fails when you kick a person out because they weren't pulling their weight, but then you train the other two girls instead of leaving the party yourself to find better allies. That just reads like his dick is the one making decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread