Tsuki ga Kirei Desu ne - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
"It's good to fight and make up." No. It's not necessarily true.

Disagreements are normal, arguments are sometimes necessary, but fighting and making someone cry is no good. Sometimes, breaking up is better than being stuck in a bad relationship. The romance novel trope that fighting and making up is a romantic thing is wrong. That's what abusive relationships are like, not healthy relationships. People who can resolve their differences like well adjusted adults don't need to fight in the first place.

Still, glad to see more of this, and hopefully we won't see any more of this particular drama.

Aggregator gang
glad to see this is still being translated but i do wish that the uploads were faster

Aggregator gang
@icekatze i think what Banri meant by that was that its a good thing that they were able to reconcile and not end things on a bad note despite the fact it was such a bad fight.
every relationship will have bad times when arguments get very heated and you say things in the spur of the moment, things that make you cry.
there is no strong good relationship that only has good times and if there somehow is then its a rarity beyond rarity.
a sign of a strong relationship, romantic or platonic, is that when the bad times come you both can admit your faults
a sign of a strong relationship, romantic or platonic, is when both sides trust and love in each other is more powerful than the hurtful times.
its a sign of a bad relationship when its constantly hurting someone over and over and NOT admitting your faults
when only ONE sides love and trust overpowers the hurt received that is a sign of a bad relationship
here both sides admitted their faults and both sides trust was stronger than the hurt received. in addition they aren't constantly hurting each other. thus its a healthy strong relationship

Dex-chan lover
@diidlydoo
Most relationships will have bad times, but not everyone has anger management issues. Daytime television, soap operas, romcoms and dramas, and reality TV should not set the bar or be a role model for personal relationships and problem solving.

A strong relationship isn't about the absence of hardship, but the the ability to work together in dealing with hardship. But when it comes to hardships, ones that are wholly caused by one of the people in the relationship and are avoidable are of special note.

A sign of a strong relationship, romantic or platonic, is when you can admit your faults and take steps to manage and minimize those faults. When it rains, you build a roof and take an umbrella, when there are earthquakes you change the building code, when people have shortcomings they create social systems and practice to minimize the effect of those shortcomings. Part of being human is being able to learn and predict, you don't need to wait until your kitchen is on fire to go out and buy a fire extinguisher.

Speaking of the last two chapters specifically, I get that the two of them are basically still children and act like children. (which, if I'm honest, makes the whole marrying a child thing more uncomfortable when before it was easy enough to squint a little and ignore it.) So it's not like it's unexpected or unnatural for people to act like that, I just don't think such childish behavior is really praiseworthy.

I think for me, the real irksome part is that they didn't really do anything to resolve the problem, things just sort of worked out for the best on their own. Kayo is worried because she thinks Chiru is better than her, and Suzu just so happens to prefer people who aren't better than her. Then when she comes back, there's no working out how to prevent or reduce the same thing happening in the future, they just say as long as she comes back then it doesn't matter. (And I'm not even going to get into how messed up it is that Kayo was born into a subservient lower class to begin with, just gonna try to squint a little and overlook that too. Healthy relationship indeed.)

So yeah, I hope this drama is over and we can get back to the fluff that is the reason I'm here in the first place. An entirely selfish wish, I readily admit.

Dex-chan lover
@icekatze
They didn't really "resolve the problem" because the problem that needed resolving was Kayo's self confidence, not any relationship issue between her and Chiru.

And Suzu isn't saying that she prefers people "who aren't better than her" she's saying that it's a matter of perspective. That Kayo's true appeal really comes out when she's around someone like Chiru, and not that that appeal is inherently less than Chiru's.

This arc was a tad melodramatic, but it actually ended with a bit of character growth and self reflection for Kayo, so I don't see it as bad at all.

Dex-chan lover
@ilikepi31415
I guess it depends on which problem it is. But I agree, it feels like nothing really got resolved, they just sorta effortlessly went back to the beginning like it never happened. Kayo says that it was stupid once she thinks about it, but if I were a math teacher I'd be telling my students to show their work. 😛

I know that Suzu wasn't saying anything about her preferences in people. What I mean is that, as the Moon and the Sun were a pretty clear metaphor for Kayo and Chiru respectively, from Kayo's perspective it seems like Suzu is saying prefers [the thing that Kayo thinks is better than Kayo]. Perhaps even that is a stretch.

Double-page supporter
Well, this is the end of the third volume, three more volumes left, hopefully it does not take like one year for each volume.
Also, the loli may be calm but she does take the initiative, lol

Aggregator gang
Aww, dont lie to the lil munchkin, of course you won't always be with her, eventually she will find a wife/husband and get married and move out, don't sugar coat the inevitable

Fed-Kun's army
I think t
"It's good to fight and make up." No. It's not necessarily true.

Disagreements are normal, arguments are sometimes necessary, but fighting and making someone cry is no good. Sometimes, breaking up is better than being stuck in a bad relationship. The romance novel trope that fighting and making up is a romantic thing is wrong. That's what abusive relationships are like, not healthy relationships. People who can resolve their differences like well adjusted adults don't need to fight in the first place.

Still, glad to see more of this, and hopefully we won't see any more of this particular drama.
was meant that is good to make up after fighting, instead of stay mad

Users who are viewing this thread