Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Rejected as a Hero

Dex-chan lover
@Ant1989

Thanks for this work.

It's your version of this, which others and myself are thankful for, so if they want to complain, they can do their own.

I know I'll enjoy rereading this series more, because of this.

@cooledicetea

Properly done typesetting is part of "visually pleasing."

I am aware that most people who consume Japanese media have very low standards, but if you praise people for not doing as good a job as they could have done, they will never improve.

Fed-Kun's army
Am I dreaming? This so good too good to be true, really thank you Uxtef for uploading a higher resolution of this manga :D

Dex-chan lover
@BzzBzz About the degree sign, It does make a lot of sense in Portuguese, we don't end ordinal numbers with letters but with the degree sign, and while you may be asking "This is English, why the hell would you use a Portuguese grammatical rule?!!!!" One, our grammatical rules are more or less the same, and two, I have no idea of how to put those small letters using my ABNT2 keyboard, and just putting normal letters in front would be ugly. And just a quick look in Wikipedia, we can find this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinal_indicator I'm not sure if it can be considered right in English, but it's an issue too small to go back and change.

Was there an explanation for "hyiman", or did I miss it? What's the Japanese original?

Dex-chan lover
@zaitcev since the first chapter, every time a human of that world was referred, it was called ヒュマん which is the English word for "human" in katakana, and every time a human from our world was referred, it was called 人間 Ningen, which is human in Japanese. The original translator appeared to not be aware of this since it's only explained later, and even after that, they kept calling everybody "human", and only when it mattered, they would call "human (ningen)" and "human (hyuman)" like this. That's why my decision. I could go and called it "humano" like in Spanish and Portuguese, but I thought it wouldn't sound right when everything else was in English.

Double-page supporter
> I have no idea of how to put those small letters

Just type it inline. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Nothing wrong with this.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I updated this chapter changing the fonts for what was recommended at that AnnonBlacks's Tutorial. @Fusang @BzzBzz @Bevinsky Sincerely, I still think this is nitpicking, and that Times New Roman is a great font, but what do I know? So, the picky ones, please, take a look to see if everything is good with this chapter, so I can repeat the process in the following ones.

@Ant1989

I have to say: it looks great. I understand that you still think it's nitpicking, but the improvement is honestly insane, and I don't think I'd be the only one to say so.

Thank you very much for the high quality release! I'm a huge fan of this manga, so I very much appreciate you putting the effort in to make this.

Double-page supporter
> Times New Roman is a great font

LOL, no one arguing against this. But every font has its place and time to use. Comics isn't right place for TNR 😁

People consuming a free illegal work and nitpicking about font choices. Just ignore what they all say. Do whatever you feel like. Many appreciate the effort and high quality scans.

@diazkun

This attitude infuriates me. Just because something is provided for free does not absolve it of criticism. And as I have already mentioned, if no one provides criticism, no one would ever improve.

In short, stop being a sycophantic bootlicker. You're doing both yourself and the community a disservice.

You all keeping repeating the same are doing the "community" much more of a disservice by being annoying and repeating on a loop the same thing over and over again. You've provided feedback and the person doing it has replied and thought about it already. Now it's in his hands to use that feedback or not. Keeping insisting that "it's the wrong way" is just annoying to others who thing that it's already a good service.

I don't even know what you mean by bootlicker or whatever those weird words you people say. I just have finished reading the new chapters and the quality is great compared to what was here before. I have seen these fonts in other scanlations and they work out fine enough and don't bother at all with the reading experience.

First off, I will apologize for calling you a sycophantic bootlicker. That was uncalled for.

If you truly believe that giving constructive criticism is annoying, I'm not sure what to say. If anything, what's annoying and repetitive is when people give empty praise when there's room for improvement. Not only that, but they also tell people to ignore the constructive criticism! Now that's counterproductive!

I mean, honestly. Have you seen this thread? There's like two or three people giving criticism. The rest are saying thanks. Who is being repetitive again?

> the quality is great compared to what was here before
In all honesty, that's mostly due to the higher quality raws.
Also, the typesetting of the original /ak/ release isn't that great either. Sort of ironic that you don't seem to notice that aspect of the previous release.

> I have seen these fonts in other scanlations and they work out fine enough and don't bother at all with the reading experience.
This is called "low standards."
I swear, there are people on here who would comment "thanks for the scans" if someone took a dump on a flatbed scanner and uploaded it.

If you're fine with that; great. But some people aren't. And some of those people care enough that they are willing to wade through repetitive swamps of "thanks! good job!" and "wow! really well done! thanks!" to post "there's something you could improve here." and then get shat on for it.

Besides, if you enjoyed it, why are you letting people who didn't detract from your enjoyment? How does it affect you at all? That has to be the least productive thing you could do.

Dex-chan lover
@Fusang @BzzBzz @Bevinsky Ok, I have updated chapter 2 and 3. But you gonna notice that I didn't change the font of the Goddess and the initial font of the orcs. I still think Imprint fits the Goddess perfectly, I kept Tahoma for the orcs because as I said before, Makoto said he orcs sounded strange to him at the beginning but got normal later. To be sincere, by the beginning of chapter 3 Ema is already speaking normally, but I thought it was a time too short to get used to, and he only spoke with one person, so I kept it until he says they are sounded normal (which is just a couple pages).

The typesetting of AK was all over the place, there were chapters they used all caps locked, others with uppercase and lowercase, others align to left, other aligned to the center, fonts changing all the time, many things weren't translated, and they barely redraw anything. You can complain about my choice of fonts, but at least I standardized everything and did a better job in general.

@Ant1989

I think the Goddess font is fine, I agree that it matches. I guess the Tahoma is okay too, though I probably wouldn't have chosen it.
(You seem to have missed a few bubbles on page 3 of chapter 3.)

And yes, calling the /ak/ typesetting and cleaning "not good" is an understatement. I'm still not sure how the typesetter managed to produce whatever he did in chapter 8 onwards. It's truly terrible.
I think he must have run Topaz Denoise or some other filter (totally ruining the image in the process) after typesetting, which no one should ever do.

One thing I feel like I should point out is that, while most of the dialogue in the early chapters seems to be decently edited, a few of the chapters that come after are not edited that well and could use a bit of touching up. I got the impression that you were already doing a bit of that, so maybe it's no big deal.

Thank you for the effort!

Users who are viewing this thread