Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Rejected as a Hero

Dex-chan lover
Always baffles me when manga/ anime character call each other “ugly”. This guy has a clear face, no glasses, well kept hair and a normal expression. The beauty standard in this manga is wack.

Fed-Kun's army
I always found it weird how people can complain about the low quality of scanlations, when in reality, we are receiving translated PIRATED WORK that DOESNT SUPPORT THE ORIGINAL ARTIST/AUTHOR.

Jesus christ man, beggars can't be choosers.

ps. although I say this, I rely on scanlators for my entertainment (I'm scum), keep up the good work!
Beggars can definitely be choosers. Especially if one group doing a crap job but still doing the job which prevents other people from doing a far better job. Some translators, especially in novels but also manga, do such a terrible job that the work is ruined altogether with bad flow, bad word choice and incorrect translations. I'd rather someone who sucks doesn't do shit and leaves is to maybe be picked up by someone else or just not wasting people's time and insulting the original work all at once.

Also, just because people read this doesn't mean that none support the original author due to what they read. Some people end up loving the work and actually do buy the untranslated volumes or transition to the official translation once available and a bad translation can and will lower the number of people enjoying the work and thus reducing profit for the author in the long run.

But if it's done decently, I agree that beggars shouldn't be picky about it and complain about minor grammar issues, typesetting and so on. This particular translation is certainly good enough.

Fed-Kun's army
Always baffles me when manga/ anime character call each other “ugly”. This guy has a clear face, no glasses, well kept hair and a normal expression. The beauty standard in this manga is wack.
I believe the joke here is that he's average or slightly below average by earth standards, especially his eyes being relatively unappealing, but the beauty standard in the new world is far higher, with most being beautiful by earth standards, so his looks stand out a lot. Kinda weird joke though. Not that unusual however, we do have similar jokes in some other isekai manga/novels like isekai ojisan where he's treated like a subhuman/orc because he's below average in looks and everyone in that world is beautiful.

Anyway, what's up with the sudden drop in translation quality here and there? Like when he's fighting shin. Plenty of awkward word choices and horrible grammar. "Damn... where is him?" "You're fried", "Where this came from" "this guy... he doesn't give one break?". Stuff like that really ruins the story.

Users who are viewing this thread