Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 13 Ch. 90 - Desperate Magic

Dex-chan lover
Excited for this story but still lacking the time and resources to commit to it's light novel.
I have read the web novel three times all the way through, including extras and side stories, and I am debating about doing it a fourth time. It has been one of my favorites since it first started getting translated over 8 years ago.
The hiatus on the web novel is slowly killing me. Last I heard it was just a hiatus as he filled in holes of the web novel with side stories and extras, polished the light novel, and gave advice to the manga and anime teams. I hope he didn't drop the web novel version completely. I would still recommend reading the web novel, even if it doesn't go any farther, because it still was beautifully done.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder why not just going chant-less like Rudeus from Jobless Reincarnation? Basically what he do just imagine how mana flowing. But this is will different story if chant is like a strict preprogrammed console command like on Sword Art Online: Alicization.
dont you mean Rudeus copied this series seeing as Tsuki ga predates Jobless by several years.

they gotta crawl before they can walk.

Dex-chan lover
dont you mean Rudeus copied this series seeing as Tsuki ga predates Jobless by several years.

The one you quoted didn't say anything even remotly near about one being a copy of the other.... are you high?

Dex-chan lover
Anyone know who the person in the last page is
I checked my notes and it's Bors, boss of the slum. Though him appearing here doesn't match WN timeline.
He wants help from Kuzunoha with the epidemic in the slum, especially to cure a sick friend.
Epidemic gets cured, and living conditions in slum get improved. As thanks they start helping Kuzunoha as spies.

Dex-chan lover
The one you quoted didn't say anything even remotly near about one being a copy of the other.... are you high?
so you're saying they didnt say this:
"I wonder why not just going chant-less like Rudeus from Jobless Reincarnation?"

the fact is that if this series has them doing chant-less magic then Jobless would have copied this series not the other way around. btw i never said jobless was a copy of this series.

Dex-chan lover
so you're saying they didnt say this:
"I wonder why not just going chant-less like Rudeus from Jobless Reincarnation?"

the fact is that if this series has them doing chant-less magic then Jobless would have copied this series not the other way around. btw i never said jobless was a copy of this series.
Oh... you're that kind of person who don't have basic reading comprehension, my bad.... I'm sorry I pointed it out.

I'll try to explain it as easy as possible: They were making a comparison about the magic chants and they chose to compare it to jobless (one of several hundreds of manga with chantless magic and similar way of doing it), they even mention Sword art online, it has nothing to do with "copying".

"btw i never said jobless was a copy of this series." you said: "dont you mean Rudeus copied this series seeing as Tsuki ga predates Jobless by several years"
You are the only one talking about copying. I still think you are high.

Dex-chan lover
In fantasy setting, the spell usage progress usually goes with
Full chant => short chant => chantless

In this tsuki case the full chant is to rely on the goddess blessing, hence demon folk statement on human are too reliant on their goddess blessing.
It seems the short chant is using their own ability instead of goddess blessing hence its bad performing at first and actually get better after more training.
and it also seems the higher beings are fully capable to do chantless and only state the name of the spell for audience perception.
---

some fantasy setting also have spell stockpile which vary on how much they could uses,
Negima able to use delay spell to full chant something (to get full power output) and then temporarily "delay/stockpile" the spell so they could use it like a chantless spell during combat.
some other setting whose magic is not all powerful, sometimes require a full day to stockpile 2~3 spell and they only able to use that 2~3 spell a day carefully.

Both came out in 2012 on the same website. At most it predates by a few months (haven't been able to find what month Tsuki started and its long off the original website so makes it harder to tell.
Jobless also starts with him doing chantless while it takes a bit for him to learn spells at all in Tsuki.
Neither is likely to be the starter of the trope either way. 2012-2013 was crazy for a boom in what would eventually be light novel series. Jobless moved much faster, completing its story in a few years while Tsuki has taken far and away longer but also has more chapters total.

Dex-chan lover
Both came out in 2012 on the same website. At most it predates by a few months (haven't been able to find what month Tsuki started and its long off the original website so makes it harder to tell.
Jobless also starts with him doing chantless while it takes a bit for him to learn spells at all in Tsuki.
Neither is likely to be the starter of the trope either way. 2012-2013 was crazy for a boom in what would eventually be light novel series. Jobless moved much faster, completing its story in a few years while Tsuki has taken far and away longer but also has more chapters total.
chantless spell is been in fantasy pop culture way before 2012.
its a stupid point to argue.
Its been part of Mahou Sensei Negima since 2003 and pretty sure you could easily found things that predates it.

Dex-chan lover
Alright so off-topic question. Our boy is gonna live for hundreds of years, assumedly, but he will eventually die (unless he ends up just becoming an immortal god himself) so...what happens to the alternate world when that happens? Is that explained in the novels? Does the realm just disappear or does it stay or something? It's been bugging me every time I think about it.

Dex-chan lover
Excited for this story but still lacking the time and resources to commit to it's light novel.
Take advantage that it is on hiatus to reach the last chapter now, since later on it will be the same but longer.

Dex-chan lover
Alright so off-topic question. Our boy is gonna live for hundreds of years, assumedly, but he will eventually die (unless he ends up just becoming an immortal god himself) so...what happens to the alternate world when that happens? Is that explained in the novels? Does the realm just disappear or does it stay or something? It's been bugging me every time I think about it.
The alternate world is Shins power not makoto's, makoto's mana just influenced and expanded it. it could either revert back to normal or it'll stay the way it is and remain unchanging due to makoto's mana no longing influencing it.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, the original statement is correct- that he owes his good looks and general acumen to the Goddess' blessing. That doesn't mean that he owes everything else to her, though.
Could infer further by saying that due to the influence of the goddess, the people of the world are her toys and they lack crucial agency that individuals should have. She owes them for their forced servitude.

Dex-chan lover
The alternate world is Shins power not makoto's, makoto's mana just influenced and expanded it. it could either revert back to normal or it'll stay the way it is and remain unchanging due to makoto's mana no longing influencing it.
I mean, either it stays the same or the casualties are gonna rise from fading from existence.

Users who are viewing this thread