Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 14 Ch. 91 - Life-size Kitty

Dex-chan lover
No need to overanalyze it, Makoto's appearance being comically portrayed as unattractive is just a gags element. Two years ago, during a conversation between Fuse (Author of Tensura) and Azumi Kei (Author of Tsukimichi), the author explained why everyone on goddess worlds thinks Makoto is ugly even though his face is actually ordinary, it's because he wants to write gags how ordinary people feel unreasonable because they are surrounded by beautiful people and are treated as ugly.

If you want to read they conversation you can check here Link.
OFC there is no need to over analyze it, the actual reason he looks generic like every other Isekai protagonist is because that makes it easier for the main target demographic (Japanese teenage boys) to self insert in the story. And I get that they want to make gags about it but it's not well portrayed visually speaking, it's just as dumb as when people in comics can't recognize superman because he is wearing glasses...
The mc looks average, you are comparing him to other mcs but in this manga, every character looks better than him. Unlike orc uncle who looks like a titan who ate erens mother, he isn't ugly. He is average, but since everyone else looks like a super star, his average is ugly relatively.
No, I am comparing him to other MCs because he literally looks like the other MCs, yet here is a bad thing and unrecognizable somehow. Also every other character looks better than him? literally switch only the eyes of any other human character of this manga with him an he will look like them, his pupils are the only major visual difference to any other human character here so other characters not recognizing that he is human makes no sense... at least visually speaking, I already said we are only told in the story that that's the case somehow....

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
japanese who've never seen minorities in their lives be like,
"racism is completely unjust, zero basis in reality" cause america told them so
There are minorities in Japan. There are sizable groups of people from Brazil, Korea, China, and the US & UK.

Dex-chan lover
dude, he looks average even in his own manga, he doesn't look any different from the other "super star models", his only visual difference to every other human character is the size of his pupils, We are only told that he is "different" but visually speaking makes no sense, in Isekai Uncle when Uncle is confused with an ork at least there makes more sense because there he looks quite different to every other character.... and here MC looks like every other generic protagonist..
d6fc324df03d8d70751296043e1014c4fbf1d553.jpg

Are they considered good-looking in their respective series?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
soy sauce? gravy? burnt toast in a blinder? What!?

probably soysauce

Dex-chan lover
just mentioned he is part of Mio's family. He became a scientist, I think one of the other's became a kunoichi. forget what happened to the third.
There were four: 2 female and 2 male. The other male was a good carpenter with an interest in becoming a shinobi. The other 2 were posing as adventurers in the fog town. One had wavy bangs iirc.

Dex-chan lover
OFC there is no need to over analyze it, the actual reason he looks generic like every other Isekai protagonist is because that makes it easier for the main target demographic (Japanese teenage boys) to self insert in the story. And I get that they want to make gags about it but it's not well portrayed visually speaking, it's just as dumb as when people in comics can't recognize superman because he is wearing glasses...

No, I am comparing him to other MCs because he literally looks like the other MCs, yet here is a bad thing and unrecognizable somehow. Also every other character looks better than him? literally switch only the eyes of any other human character of this manga with him an he will look like them, his pupils are the only major visual difference to any other human character here so other characters not recognizing that he is human makes no sense... at least visually speaking, I already said we are only told in the story that that's the case somehow....
His face is also more plump compared to the others and lacks the shine other characters get when you look at them The point is that he is a 8/10 in a world..where the norm is 10/10

Dex-chan lover
Almost all of them, if not all of them have an harem, so you tell me.... but to be fair, having an harem now is just a regular trait of almost every generic isekai protagonist...
Not really the same though.

A character having a harem doesn’t necessarily means that character is viewed as one of the most looking in that world

Dex-chan lover
His face is also more plump compared to the others and lacks the shine other characters get when you look at them The point is that he is a 8/10 in a world..where the norm is 10/10
My point never was if he is "good looking" or not... my point was that he doesn't look different enough to the other human characters for other characters not recognize that he is a human too and that is very stupid.... that's why I made the Superman/Clark Kent comparison...
Not really the same though.

A character having a harem doesn’t necessarily means that character is viewed as one of the most looking in that world
Tho not true, because is hard enough for one person to find you attractive, is more hard if it's multiple people, specially in a world where you are supposed to be one of the "ugly ones", I already said that tbf harems are now a normal trait of generic isekai MCs...

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
So who's that rich client?
The new subdivision narration was a bit much. I'm not much of a fan of the "this will lead to something in the future" kind of storytelling, it ruins the main purpose of foreshadowing, which is that moment you realize something that came up earlier ties into present events. It's become more and more common to see this kind of writing in the past 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread