Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 5 Ch. 34 - Special Dimension Rankings!

@TehSDragon

It's tricky to explain, but he becomes a little gray or cold inside. Anyone he considers his friend is protected, anyone else he's more or less fine with killing if they act against him. There's also some stuff that happens whenever he does bow practice/meditation, and there's a priestess who can see the true nature of things, and inside Makoto she sees nothing. My personal take on this is that to cope with the god's power he was given (it's revealed later that it's actually too much for a human) he is basically becoming a living vessel for terrifyingly enormous amounts of mana, losing his soul in the process.

@LysandersTreason

Well there's some stuff you could arguably call romance (obviously Mio and Tomoe love him), but the way it's played it seems more like comic relief (for now).

Dex-chan lover
if you can't keep this up then you'll remain a weakling as always.... and this tournament based system is good but wouldn't people slack off with how this space is?? that is another concern... but still this is getting boring with the little screen time the protagonist has....

Is it me or have the MC's pupils started to look...beadier?

Also i know the MC is important and all but if we only allow the MC to grow, no one else will and those 3 other chapters (Other hero chapters) were to set up a over arching plot that may impact the MC in the future (I dont read the light novel so I would not know). Sometimes a little time away from the MC will keep him from getting stale.

Also what is a MC suppose to act like, Flashy and all know, Goes for action whenever he can? It just makes to no sense to throw the word MC into a box and leave it there.

Ok rant over continue with you reading~

SPOILERS

"I just hope the ranking system wont evolve into something where they just say the top ranks are monsters" But the top ranks will literally all be monsters, regardless of whether its an Orc, Alkey, Lizardman, Tomoe or Mio. Other than the MC every single inhabitant is a monster!

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Double-page supporter
Ahh Musumi is cute lol.. no wonder girls close to him love him for who he is.

Thanks for the chapter!
MC really should get more details on how those two are following his instructions considering what happened at the last city they visited. Poor Toa, she and her party are going to go through hell training that'll make Spartan training seem like a walk in the park. If they somehow survive they'll probably be A or S rank afterwards.

The girls are doing everything bro leave something to do for mc im tired of this stupid fucking hiding abilities shit and mc being a trash doing literally nothing

Dex-chan lover
@digitalromance77 I don't want to see any sex scenes, but romance as a genre tag implies romance will be an important theme to the main plot and characters.

It would be neat to see Mio and Tomoe have their affections returned, and the genre tag implies the MC will at least become romantically affectionate with someone.

If this turns out not to be the case, I will be disappointed specifically because romance never develops despite being told it will by the tags. A "will-they-won't-they" subplot that never pays off is frustrating.

So far, this story has not been in the genre of romance. A couple of scenes does not a genre make. If this is all we really get, let me know ahead of time or don't lead me on with false tags.

It's about managing expectations. If you're told you will get caramel sauce with your ice cream, but only get what stuck to the scoop from the previous person's order, it didn't exactly come with caramel sauce, did it? The ice cream is still good, but the disappointment makes it less so.

So I will ask anyone who knows (please, no speculation)—what at least one other reasonable person has asked (not the guy who thinks with their lower parts): Yes or no, does the MC actually fall in love and start a relationship (that lasts) with anyone?

I just want to know how to temper my expectations so as to reduce or eliminate unnecessary frustration.

The answer from @hodunk seemed to be no, but that answer was far too vague for my liking.

Dex-chan lover
@digitalromance77 I don't want to see any sex scenes, but romance as a genre tag implies romance will be an important theme to the main plot and characters.

It would be neat to see Mio and Tomoe have their affections returned, and the genre tag implies the MC will at least become romantically affectionate with someone.

If this turns out not to be the case, I will be disappointed specifically because romance never develops despite being told it will by the tags. A "will-they-won't-they" subplot that never pays off is frustrating.

So far, this story has not been in the genre of romance. A couple of scenes does not a genre make. If this is all we really get, let me know ahead of time or don't lead me on with false tags.

It's about managing expectations. If you're told you will get caramel sauce with your ice cream, but only get what stuck to the scoop from the previous person's order, it didn't exactly come with caramel sauce, did it? The ice cream is still good, but the disappointment makes it less so.

So I will ask anyone who knows (please, no speculation)—what at least one other reasonable person has asked (not the guy who thinks with their lower parts): Yes or no, does the MC actually fall in love and start a relationship (that lasts) with anyone?

I just want to know how to temper my expectations so as to reduce or eliminate unnecessary frustration.

The answer from @hodunk seemed to be no, but that answer was far too vague for my liking.
1. Tagging is always gonna be obnoxious like this, you should see tagging on grey sites. What consists of "part of genre" and "not part of genre" is a crapshoot for larger genres like romance. You're free to nitpick, but your nitpicking isn't actually gonna do much, cuz when they do get into a relation some mofos gonna say "huh? no romance tag?"
2. There's no "will they won't they." At the same time, it's not at all romance/relationship focused, it's adventure/daily life focused. There's not really any romantic scenes.
3. Chapter 305 iirc in the WN, he enters proper relations into both mio and tomoe. Hijinks ensue, including what can vaguely be termed a "wedding celebration" after the first night.
4. Romance as a genre has left the original "romantic aesthetic" that the term more or less originated from by a hilarious amount. There's more in-depth literature all over, but the Romantic aesthetic had nothing to do with love specifically, but falls more under our "Adventure" genre/tag.

Dex-chan lover
makoto is wishywashy. Not really something you see in classic depictions of high schoolers, but given his circumstances it's really to be expected. He wants results, but he's scared of using a messy method to really force it through, cuz he's afraid he might brick something. Similar in the political sphere, similar in the economic sphere. He's only really bold in moving himself around.

Users who are viewing this thread