Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 8 Ch. 55 - Rose Sign

@MrMcNasty An interesting part of Makoto is shown to us after he killed that adventurer woman. In fact we see a Flashback of when he was a child who cried because the cat (I think) was dead. On that occasion Makoto did not cry because he was sad and desperate but because they had told him that it had to be done. This makes us understand that he was (and perhaps still is) a psychopath who learned to imitate emotions. Or at least it is so with regard to the death of someone dear to him.

Double-page supporter
@overlord949
Makoto's parents knew that they had a debt to pay the God of the Moon for their being able to live on Earth, and the debt was their son. They knew he was going to be summoned to their former world as a hero, so they subjected him to harsh physical training in order to survive the fate that awaited him. They wanted to maximize his chances of survival, so he could eventually come home. They surely didn't intend for him to become sociopathic, but that's just how it happened to turn out.

Spoiler for Chapters in the 260+ region of the Web Novel:
Even the archery style that Makoto uses is not regular recreational archery. He was trained in a style that was designed for war, with the express intent of killing as efficiently as possible.

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy there are slow life isekai with OP MC. Demon Retry, Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo. So it's still within my expectation. I don't know the series you mention. But slow life can still be enjoyable without challenge.

Dex-chan lover
@zerio Do those qualify as slow life? They're full of fights and battles. Slow life to me is like Risou no Himo Seikatsu. Regardless, an OP MC is fine as long as they have some kind of flaw. The MC here doesn't really have any flaws. His face and language don't really count as flaws either since they haven't caused him a large enough amount of trouble. He easily gets by with a mask and writing everything out. Maybe his naivety? I don't know. It just feels like the stakes are so low any time he takes on a new project because he's always succeeded without any real trouble.

@ BestBoy indeed mc still does not have a big problem in this arc and also this is not a slow life manga but this is still acceptable because in my opinion this manga only reaches a prologue for heroes and mc. here we can see the future goals of the heroes, the Hibiki goal is likely to take revenge and Tomoki's goal will not lose to anyone else.
while for mc,
in the next arc he will face a considerable problem and that is because of racism and naivete

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy but none of the fightings are too big. They are usually just for the joke, which is how this series was in the beginning.

Well this MC is "ugly". Also I really think the language issue is pretty big. It gives him a hard time to get trusted as merchants (again, I really think this series should have been about his life as adventurers/merchants).

Dex-chan lover
Narvarre is finally dead, the most boring part early on has ended. I'm waiting to see the most interesting arc.

Dex-chan lover
@MrMcNasty I thought her the definition of mediocrity. Hell she figures that the demons and demi humans should be slaves to humans until the humans learn that slavery is wrong. Then she kinda implied that the demons should be happy knowing that they will be free eventually and if not them then future descendants. Those who bring forth the idea of slavery and the supply of them are truly most evil imo. They are the ones who bring about the temptation of "free" labor

Double-page supporter
@Liquidxlax
That's more like her being a cynical realist. She knows that a holy war will only end with the total subjugation of one of the participating groups. She wants to believe there can be a peaceful resolution, but, in her heart, she knows that this war has been going on for too long and has been too costly for both sides. So she's forcing herself to accept that the only resolution left is unconditional surrender under the threat of complete annihilation.

Only a being with the power to annihilate the entire continent (Spoilers for waaay later in the web novel:
Like Makoto-kun, the MC
) could facilitate a peaceful resolution under the threat of Mutually Assured Destruction. For example: If some petty humans decide to "get revenge for their families" and attack a demon/demi-human village; those humans and their village would be annihilated the very next day.

Double-page supporter
I guess Rip orc woman....
Damn it Mc, calm down/pull yourself together. Guy's in constant panick mode, understandable given the situation but still.

MD@Home
Hmm, damn, this was a pretty good chapter... liking the perspective from Hibiki's side in this new world, RIP Navarre! Now... as for the MC, he tried to communicate with the demons but gave up right after even though he was being accused of things that he obviously knew yet decides to not voice out the truth but just to think it?? He could've done both analysis of the situation he is in while also trying to get information out of the surroundings which would've included talking with the demons there and establishing his stance in that battle. WTF? This felt like it was dragged on for no reason but instead it just felt like it was just necessary for the plot to advance =-=

Dex-chan lover
I guess if you aren't the protagonist, protagonism can't save you.

Users who are viewing this thread