Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Just a quick heads up about the new Tankoubon releases. Whilst the visual quality is much better than the older magazine scans, unfortunately the translations have been 're-done' to a certain extent too, and some of the nuance and readability of the original translation has suffered. If English is your first language, I'd recommend sticking with the magazine scans (though I appreciate the effort put in by the new scanlator).

Dex-chan lover
@Babel1 I think you are exaggerating, if you take a look below some posts you gonna see that I asked people here proofread, and one of them answered that had no issues with the translation. Besides some problems of the original translation were corrected, for example, since the beginning the humans of that world are called different (with a "human" word in English but japanesed in katakana, while humans from our world are called human in Japanese, the original translator didn't see this difference, and even now, Uxtef is calling human and putting the original word in parenthesis, so Humans from our world will be called "Humans", and humans from that world will be called "Hyumans" in this version.), also there were things that weren't translated, and I had even made the redrawing of the things I could do. Besides, I used Uxtef original translation for most of the thing, so I don't really see what is the problem you have. I still have the photoshop files, if you want to proofread and point me the mistakes, please, do it, just PM me with the corrections.

well its a pretty nice story and i personaly like it my main point of criticism would be that the multiple pov thing is annoying even if it is necessary for the story as the two other heroes are a selfish pathetic puppet and a singleminded stubborn and stupid tool

so far only the charackters on the real mc's side have something resembling a personality which i dont particularly mind
its just that even if you pick up vital story pieces every pov switch to the other two heroes feels like a massive waste of time
also the arrogance.... if the main players in this world could for i don't know like a minute pull the arrogant stick out of their asses then they would actualy have a shot at peace.
well then again i guess the conflict and arrogance of the major players keeps fueling the story so this is pretty much a trade-off

at the end i would like to caution other readers because in this story world there is no real justice and evil except for 1 charackter which doesn't have that much screentime
so if you prefer clearcut traditional heroes and villains you might consider skipping this one

This manga is pretty weird and the story is like tensei shittara slime. I said weird because it's not that good but also not a bad story. Pretty similiar plot with tensei slime when handle the world building. The MC suck at the beginning. He looks like have no regret being thrown into another world and what's up with that goddess personality. It's so shallow. And he treat tomoe and mio like shit. Bro they're always helping you at least show a bit compassion to your servant will you ? And he have no lust for his servant. That's a minus for me although keep the MC horny also annoying.

Well anyway the world building in this manga is very nice and on par with tensei slime. But other part still lacking. But i like that author still keep real struggle to our MC. First i was gonna rate this 7/10 but the character interacting with each other is very fun and handle pretty good so i'd rise that to 7.8/10 if i can. But mangadex don't have such a detail rate feature so i'll give it an 8/10.

If only our MC just fucking marry to his servant that would be good rather than thinking about his tsundere senpai in normal world.

Dex-chan lover
@Kuroth lmao slime is pretty shallow and one dimensional too tho? So this and that is basically the same thing

Dex-chan lover
@eureur @Kuroth I think Slime is boring, I mean, he isn't just overpowered, he's over-assisted as well. That sage thing is game-breaking, he has no challenges at all. Add that to the fact that it's not very well explained why he is so overpowered, because he wished it when he died? Then, where are the others? It also falls for many of the pitfalls most Isekais fall too. In Tsuki ga, at least you're given some explanation (may not be good, but at least isn't bad), the story doesn't fall into many pitfalls, for example, different from literally everybody else, he actually remembers his home, and misses it. Crazy isn't it? And he isn't a loser, he actually brings some skills to the table (not much, isn't because of that he's overpowered, but at least it's better than being a complete nobody).
Fortunately he rejected Hasegawa, it'd be really bad if he was dating her when he was isekaied
The pace may be slow, but I actually don't get bored with it. Overall, in my opinion, it's much better than Slime.

Fed-Kun's army
Slime is suuuper shallow. I read the wn, and had to give up midway through the
coliseum tournament
arc. It just became utter shit.

This one, on the other hand, I read the entirety of the wn that was translated at the time, something about going up to the point where
he gets involved with other gods from earth, who arrive to offer help and confrojt the goddess, only for him to find out he's becoming a god himself.

And even after all that hes still very mortal

What is even the point of this trash isekai? he won't have sex with his harem due to stupid reasons and for some reason despite having 2 other summoned heroes, they are somehow far weaker to the point of useless. Why even introduce those guys? they are supposed to be summoned by the official ruling goddess of that world yet they're weaker than the MC who was summoned by an outsider God like Tsukuyomi. There's only so much bullshit you can cram into an isekai before it reaches a breaking point.

Dex-chan lover
@chaos86 You didn't pay attention. Tsukuyomi didn't summon Makoto, he just helped with the Goddess. He gave his blessing to Makoto, something the others didn't get, because she summoned them by herself, and gave them her powers. The boy gained the greatest of her power because she likes men, obviously. Makoto is a descendant of people of that world, and he lived in our world, different from the others, his magic affinity is stronger because of that, that's probably the reason why he was the first choice, the others are just spares.
And to top that, Makoto was taught a dangerous archer technique that, as a byproduct, increases his maximum mana, something the others didn't get.
Those are good explanations? No, but at least they are there, which is more than what you get from most Isekais. About sex, if that bothers you, give up manga then, this is a very common cliche, 99% of the manga won't have any sex at all, no matter how much ecchi the thing has (DXD), and this one doesn't even have much ecchi, or romance. But calling it trash isekai is too much, Slime made a huge success and is far worse than this one.

@ant1989 he didn't get the greatest power because she likes him. He was supposed to be rejected. Read ch1 again, Tsukuyomi gave him his blessing but afterwards the goddess thought he was ugly and kicked him out without giving anything else. That's the baffling part because the other two got the goddess' blessing directly and somehow weaker than MC who got blessing only from Tsukuyomi. It just doesn't make sense that an outside God can grant more power than the goddess who presides over the original world. Mc was only summoned because the gods made contract with his parents, not necessarily because he was the most worthy.

The archer thing was really stupid imo. If simple meditation can increase your mana tenfold then it's a wonder that nobody has found that method before. A warrior meditating during training is a common trope even if they didn't result in bullshit accidental power level like that. Slime is much more interesting because the powerful people are indeed powerful. Rimuru is strong but even he can't just steamroll Milim, Verdora, or Guy. You get the feeling that ancient demon lords are truly ancient and overwhelming, unlike those so-called summoned heroes who ended up becoming fodder compared to the "rejected hero".

Dex-chan lover
@chaos86 When I said boy, I didn't mean Makoto, but that other hero who can charm people.

If the Goddess cares so much for appearance, she would just get the most beautiful people she could find, not just risk it with someone she never saw (as she did it together with calling Makoto).
And that's not just simple meditation, as his friend said, if it was that easy, he wouldn't have any problem. Probably his master's family came from that world, or understand something about magic, and as Tomoe said, that's dangerous, and could kill him, that's why she begs him to stop.

In Slime, "the powerful people are indeed powerful." Man, there's zero explanation of why Himuru is so powerful, and there is zero instance that he actually get hurt, yes, he can't steamroll Millim, And Makoto couldn't steamroll the Black Spider either (but he at least got hurt), the difference, the Battle with the Black Spider happened at the beginning, when he doesn't have combat experience, for Himuru, who can't feel pain, is immune to temperature, and can absorb the power of others, there is no question if he can defeat someone later on, there's no way he can lose, and the only way to make a tense battle, is too artificially weaken Himuru. I doubt you gonna see in Slime a battle as tense as Makoto vs Sophia.

And
"those so-called summoned heroes who ended up becoming fodder compared to the "rejected hero"." Are actually strong, the problem is that the demons found a way to counter the blessing, and they weren't much in terms of combat before being isekaied, different from Makoto, who has a higher magic affinity, and that archer combat training. It makes sense, even if it's the best explanation, and allow for tense battles, again better than Slime

Dex-chan lover
@Bellaxus
Usually that only happens at the ending, and last time I checked the light novel had more than 300 chapters, that are being adapted almost at the same rate (I'd say 1.2 chapters of the light novel per 1 chapter of the manga). But surely it will take more time than slime, seeing the anime alone, Himuru was not that far from beating Milim, and she is one of the strongest of that world. But I believe he could defeat her already despite being weaker, that Sage thing is more broken than the Predator skill after all. Makoto on the other hand, has no Sage skill to break everything, and probably won't rule more than the Special Space.

@Ant1989 there also wasn't any explanation as to why Makoto was able to overwhelm Shin when he was first thrown into the world. He was already that strong from the get go even before he employed that bullshit archer meditation. I also find it weird that you complained about Rimuru being artificially weakened when Makoto himself was nerved against Sophia. What's the difference then? Makoto only struggled against Sophia because his rings limited his powers, thus the battle seemed "tense" even though in reality Makoto was overwhelmingly more powerful than Sophia. If you nerve Rimuru and have him battle someone strong you'd also get that kind of "tense" battle.

As for Rimuru not being able to feel pain, how's that any different than Makoto having the best protective gear the dwarves can make? iirc he also employed some sort of mana barrier to soften blows or something. Despite the superficial struggles Makoto was never really hurt from the enemies. In Slime the reason why Rimuru was powerful, the identity of voice of the world, enemies who can actually hurt Rimuru, all of them were explained and existed in the LN even though the manga has yet to reach those parts. With this manga, the expositions already happened in the beginning and they offer no better explanation than because "the author decided so". There could be stuffs further explained later on but I'm not holding my breath.

Dex-chan lover
@chaos86
And how many times do you think he did that archer trick on Earth? He learned it from his master and used it as a hobby, so yes, he multiplied his mana by many times even before knowing it existed. You may not have realised it because this author is more like "Show not Tell" and he is very subtle, he was already doing that thing in chapter 1, he even fought with his friend about it. The tension of Makoto's battle against Sophia came exactly when he took the rings out, and even so, she was almost winning, one lucky hit, and Makoto would be a goner. And that thing to break her sword, was 80% protagonism, 20% his training. Sophia was weaker but had tons of combat experience, different from Makoto, she had her advantages. But what can defeat the Sage? As I said, that thing is more broken that the Predator, Himuru doesn't even need to learn how to fight, the Sage do that for him with the precision of a NASA computer. " Makoto was never really hurt from the enemies" Black Spider almost killed him, Sophia cut two fingers at the beginning of the battle, and no Dwarf Coat or Realm Barrier could stop that blade. One lucky hit and he would be cut in half, that's why he tried to keep a distance.

Users who are viewing this thread