Tsukiatteinai Senpai to Kouhai - Ch. 1 - "In that case, can I say... that we’re going out?"

Dex-chan lover
Juust waiting for the other shoe to drop. Love this author's reaction faces :win:

Dex-chan lover
Well I want to say harsh.... At the same time.... Dude should have properly confessed.... Don't ask things that have an objectively yes or no answer when you never have a clear relationship....
lol yeah tho sucks that some society is so repressed that a girl and a guy hanging out together would be interpreted as a date to others as well versus just being chill but unless someone does pda (tho other than some girls it's prolly not as common in japan [i would've liked holding hands with all my friends no matter what their gender but our group of friends was the type to sit in each others laps for the hell of it]) i would def not interpret it as a date but i imagine some ppl thinking of it as a crush or that they might have a 'chance'.

tho would've been fun if she was also like "Well, we can go on a real date later, if you pay ;P"

Dex-chan lover
lol yeah tho sucks that some society is so repressed that a girl and a guy hanging out together would be interpreted as a date to others as well versus just being chill but unless someone does pda (tho other than some girls it's prolly not as common in japan [i would've liked holding hands with all my friends no matter what their gender but our group of friends was the type to sit in each others laps for the hell of it]) i would def not interpret it as a date but i imagine some ppl thinking of it as a crush or that they might have a 'chance'.

tho would've been fun if she was also like "Well, we can go on a real date later, if you pay ;P"
"Repressed"

Sure :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
RIP, but also deserved.
It's weird to think you're going out just because you're going home together a lot lmao.
Bro didn't even have that childhood friend buff

Dex-chan lover

To be fair, it's often not the best idea to be too close to someone of the opposite sex if you aren't dating... it goes wrong way way way too often...

I mean, let's be real, if you guys are straight, you are basically getting comfortable with a potential mate...

That said, it's not like it'd always turn out bad...

So it's not that society is repressed, but that kinda is the norm...

And there were many times when I knew girls that had guy friends and those guy friends wanted to actually be more than "just friends"... not that those guys were bad guys or anything... they wanted a serious relationship after all....

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, it's often not the best idea to be too close to someone of the opposite sex if you aren't dating... it goes wrong way way way too often...

I mean, let's be real, if you guys are straight, you are basically getting comfortable with a potential mate...

That said, it's not like it'd always turn out bad...

So it's not that society is repressed, but that kinda is the norm...

And there were many times when I knew girls that had guy friends and those guy friends wanted to actually be more than "just friends"... not that those guys were bad guys or anything... they wanted a serious relationship after all....
maybe it is just the society/school varying from culture to culture because you'd probably get weirder looks if you only exclusively befriended ur own gender or at least couldn't hold a conversation with anyone else other than legit phobia/shy-ness, but i guess sometimes being upfront would be better than setting yourself up for disappointment but other than someone with ulterior motives/wanting to ask someone out as friends 'eventually', there are some ppl that'd prefer to befriend ppl first before considering 'going out' versus "Hey you're cute go on a date with me" from a stranger unless ur specifically seeking someone out in like a blind dating/mixer or Tinder lol (tho i wonder if any japanese-american/transfer students even get mixed signals/the wrong idea because some ppl are much more affectionate in the west depending)

Sucks for ppl who are demi then although just because it works out as friends doesn't mean dating is the same, there are probably some bad habits you can 'accept' if ur 'just friends' but probably wouldn't let slide as girlfriend/boyfriend status, not that you can have control over it either but some ppl also won't change just for another person's sake unless it's like a really negative quality as opposed to something relatively harmless, though other than going to an all boys/girls school exclusively you kinda have to interact with the opposite gender at some point even if you don't necessarily grow close naturally

(although those posts where it's like "Um, I have a bf" "That's nice/Congrats, give me the notes for our group project" are also pretty funny)

Users who are viewing this thread