Tsukushitagari na Uchi no Yome ni Tsuite Derete mo Ii ka - Vol. 3 Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
this is one of the often cases where the axe is deserved
the mangaka really needs to think outside the box for his next series
the mumbling low-self esteem dude that he used in BOTH his series doesn't cut it, the strangest part even is how this is an adaptation, but it almost seems like a copy paste of his mermaid manga
it's really hard to nail a good "depressed with a heart of gold boy"

Dex-chan lover
Welp, just one more to go~ thanks as always for the sl! Ravengate scans!!

Dex-chan lover
1 chapter to go.
Also, he didn't say the gender of the person, did he?
Hopefully MC plows her next chapter then it jumps to months later and she's pregnant.
Let's add the tragedy tag and have her die in childbirth. Fuck, I forgot what series actually did that for the finale.

Thanks for the TL
Clanad ?

Dex-chan lover
This story is diving continuously... The start was promising, but all this BS is trash.

Dex-chan lover
It's literally written in english, "...riko", in the raws
Uhh, and - except for my culturally insensitive mental image of some tanned Mexican immigrant guy with a sombrero - how is that pronounced so different from Japanese that it is audibly discernible as clearly English? :question:

Group Leader
Uhh, and - except for my culturally insensitive mental image of some tanned Mexican immigrant guy with a sombrero - how is that pronounced so different from Japanese that it is audibly discernible as clearly English? :question:
Basically as you may know in Japanese language kana and kanji are used and what Hose meant to say is that she didn't say it in kanji or kana but in latin alphabet which indicates that she's a foreigner or want to sound like one (and here Hose specified to be english which is debatable as we're not sure she is english (by that I mean from an english-speaking country) but you get the idea).

Dex-chan lover
Basically as you may know in Japanese language kana and kanji are used and what Hose meant to say is that she didn't say it in kanji or kana but in latin alphabet which indicates that she's a foreigner or want to sound like one (and here Hose specified to be english which is debatable as we're not sure she is english (by that I mean from an english-speaking country) but you get the idea).
What I'm asking is how you could possibly pinpoint a language from how a proper name, with only two syllables, from another foreign language, is pronounced.

Group Leader
What I'm asking is how you could possibly pinpoint a language from how a proper name, with only two syllables, from another foreign language, is pronounced.
As I said you can't really pinpoint an exact language but she does make it "sound" like she's a foreigner. Though it is indeed a bit of a stretch how Minato guessed she was a foreigner from two syllables and I think it is just like this to not make the dialogue too long. It could also be that as Japanese have a really slow and distinct of way saying syllables (one at a time like "Ri-ko" and foreigner would be like "Riko" or she just might have the strongest accent in existence) but we won't know now because it's a manga and not an anime.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
As I said you can't really pinpoint an exact language but she does make it "sound" like she's a foreigner. Though it is indeed a bit of a stretch how Minato guessed she was a foreigner from two syllables and I think it is just like this to not make the dialogue too long. It could also be that as Japanese have a really slow and distinct of way saying syllables (one at a time like "Ri-ko" and foreigner would be like "Riko" or she just might have the strongest accent in existence) but we won't know now because it's a manga and not an anime.
Or you know, it's just lazy writing on the part of the author, who can convey things just by the way he writes something without having to bother with the "real world's" audio issues.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully MC plows her next chapter then it jumps to months later and she's pregnant.
Let's add the tragedy tag and have her die in childbirth. Fuck, I forgot what series actually did that for the finale.
Then he just might change into Raoul, go to Hell, beat Lucifer to a pulp and bring her back. I'd read that spin-off... (if you're wondering, check the other series by this author...)

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I came to the comment section for some laughs, but I did not realize this was completed at 33 chapters WTF?! I mean I can see why it'd get the axe. It's cute but literally every chapter is the same and there is zero plot or character development for the most part. I mean being at the second to last chapter and just now throwing in new flash backs says a lot. I partly feel like the author is afraid of progressing the characters organically. Like it's kinda weird how the only major developments... have happened in flashbacks. Most chapters don't even put them in awkward situations at school. Most of the Manga is them in their apartment flirting (but no really because she's too timid and he's too much of an idiot). This is a manga I really want to love, but there's a lot to improve on the slice of life. A lot of chapters nearly just feel like bathtub stories. I'd have loved if there were more reccuring characters to interact with or if the leads just went out and did stuff more often.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
How do you say your name in English? WTF? :thonk:

Was it Katakana in the raw, like レコ vs. りこ or whatever combination of moonrunes she usually goes by (like 浬呼, 浬子, 季虹, 月琴, 鯉子, 百合子, 里子 or whatever, I CBA to search for the raws), and how the fuck would that even translate to speech in any way?
Have you ever taken another language? Not trying to be rude just names are often pronounced different in different languages because the mechanics of the language is different. Annunciation and sounds and what not. A good example is the name Thomas. In Spanish it's pronounced more like To Mas vs tom as in English. In Japanese it becomes to ma su.

The vocabulary in Japanese is a whole lesson, but with Riko it's pretty easy. The L and R sounds in Japanese don't exist like they do in English. Which is why name translations like Zolo vs Zoro are a thing. They're entirely different in English, but in Japanese... not really. From when I was over in Japan it's kinda like a the l and r are between how we pronounce them in English? It's also pretty hard to hear for non native speakers. Long story short I could literally never pronounce any R names properly. On the other hand no one could say my full name properly just because it had an L in it (definitely a first for me).

Tl;dr: Sounds are pronounced differently in different languages. For some names this doesn't matter much, but for something like an R name you're gonna notice a big difference in how it's said by a native English speaker vs native Japanese speaker.

Honestly you really don't think it's that big of a deal, but I can at least speak on the opposite side. For the Japanese people I had met who were learning English they were really self conscious about it. About how it made their English sound noticeably different from a natural speaker. I imagine this is definitely a easily noticeable thing with children in a culture like Japan where sameness is valued.

Dex-chan lover
This main issue here is that it's just two syllables, so good fucking luck pinpointing exactly what nonjapanese language that name - which is not a very distinctive - is pronounced it. Don't know why people feel the need to write a whole fucking book as a defense because someone pointed out an author of some throwaway series in a time-a-dozen genre is a lazy writer.

Users who are viewing this thread