Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

Fed-Kun's army
I know they used to be husband and wife, and she still loves him. But, somehow this doesn't feel right.

Not sure how this story is going to go forward. Speculation:
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that a tragic end/happy end will come. They'll be together and truck-kun will end their lives. They may not end up in another world, but in the same hospital as newborns. The two families will become close, and our newly young couple will grow up and become married. By then, Mai will be married, have a kid or two, and receive an invitation out of the blue.
Yeah, somehow, it could work out all right.

Dex-chan lover
@LittleBuster1
That is literally exactly how I'm feeling. I thought for sure this series was going to be a cautionary tale about being unable to move on, with the dad and the daughter accepting her death at the end as she forgets her old life or something.
Obviously there's still time for something around those lines to happen but the current route feels weird. Like, I know for sure that for myself and other people it would still be very hard to accept that someone's come back after losing them so suddenly. In my mind, there should be a lot more nervousness and anguish going on in the family right now but they almost immediately accepted it and plan to just continue their lives where they left off, as if those years without her never happened. I guess this could be played off as denial but so far the story hasn't shown any signs that that is the case.
I guess what really rubs me the wrong way so far is that the moral of the story SO FAR seems to be that it's okay to never let go. The family, plus the guy at the daughter's work, all never moved on from their loss, but now that THEIR family's been reunited everything's so good wow gotta hold onto this wow instead of realizing that loss is a normal part of life and trying to move on. Like I thought they were going to use the coworker's story of waiting for his friend to knock some sense into the daughter that the mother coming back was a miracle and thus they should REEXAMINE how they've been living, instead the author decided to try to make a "happy ending" and have them just ignore everything after the death?
I am really hoping that there's going to be a tragic twist but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't know how to feel about this. Altough I want them to be together, I kinda feel bad for the coworker and the fact that when Takae turns 18, he will be almost 50

@mahtan
Like an irl story or another manga? Idk if it is an irl story that is pretty fucked up, but there is a difference between accepting someone reincarnated while moving on with your life and whats going on with this manga where they try and go back to the status qou prior to her death which is extremely unhealthy and kinda weird tbqh fam.
@cillbosby
Yeah fam I really hope the arc changes and she convinces them to move on while still staying contact with her in a more friendship type manner instead of a lover/mother type manner. As i mentioned before to the other dude it just feels so incredibly unhealthy trying to return to an impossible status qou of a mother/lover relationship. Idk I dont think aged relationships are inherently a bad thing even if I think they are weird but this one just feels bad and pitiful looking at it from the dads perspective.

man, thank god japanese aren't like you guys, I hope this stays a cute story about a old guy and his wife (plus plot characters like the daughter and coworker) trying to get back their happiness together.

Aggregator gang
Is someone going to find the marriage form? Is it going to be the co-worker?

Dex-chan lover
My man, livin the fuckin dream. Couple ways he can get around AoC and bang her at 13 too.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I don’t like this. At the end of the day the story just feels like a family that never learned to move on and got a cop out from god. I was just hoping for a story more about moving on and helping with closure, this just feels kinda... pointless. Essentially no one learns anything or grows and everything will be the same as as when the wife was alive (if you just want to make a fluffy series about a family dynamic just do that; everything else here just feels like pointless drama if we’re going down this route). Not to mention I seriously liked the co worker and thought she’d be what the husband finally needed to move on and for the wife to let him go and live her own new life, but nope... she’s just getting randomly strung along. The wife even knows what her true intentions are and won’t tell the husband so he can’t turn her down and she can get on with her life. This is just sad. Future chapters will probably just be the same thing (maybe someone finding the marriage form, her new parents/family being annoying, and the coworker continuing to waste her time because the husband is tense and the wife/mother can’t be bothered to tell him so he lets her down). I’m not going to kid myself or waste time thinking this story will turn around and become anything interesting or particularly meaningful.

Dex-chan lover
i mean is there a need to move on in this case? in the real world we move on coz there to other option left, here they god a second chance they really dont need to, well it could have helped pass those 8 years in a better way, but at this moment there's no need to

I don't like it.
I mean, i like it as it is right now, yet, i don't like where it's going and i have a very bad feeling about this.
Yet, i'm quite ready to follow that story for 8y.

Ore

Dex-chan lover
So she's supposedly going to marry him in 8 years when he's ... around 50? Then what? Spend 20 to 25 years with an old fart to begin wiping his ass and taking care of him for another 10 years and become a widow at around 50 that is precisely his age right now?

The husband is a selfish and spineless bastard.

Users who are viewing this thread