Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Vol. 4 Ch. 30

Aggregator gang
Man, even stuck in the body of a kid It'd feel so dirty to actually go out with someone of the same age.

Dex-chan lover
So I gotta ask, is women hiding their children from their lovers a japanese thing? Because this is not the first manga I've read where "divorced mom neglects children in favor of new paramour" is a central plot point, and I have never encountered that before. Is this just a cultural thing where maybe having children but no man is seen as shameful or something?

Contributor
Is Hiroki going to bail once he finds out she's got a daughter (our reincarnated FMC)?

@brainman
You're talking about series like this one, right?
And it's hardly limited to Japan; many in the US also heavily stigmatize single mothers.

Dex-chan lover
@brainman I dont think its specific to Japan even in the US there are many who hear someone is Single with a child and see it as a turn off for them so its not to surprising I dont think

Dex-chan lover
I have the feeling the mom is going to leave her behind.

Dex-chan lover
Guys, don't be like the male coworkers. Whoever the fuck someone dates or not has nothing to do with you, and bringing that up at something like a public gathering is never a good idea.

Group Leader
@brainman Definitely not exclusive to Japan. Single mothers often hide the fact that they have kids until after a few dates to draw in potential pocketbooks to raise their bastard children. Because a lot of men are not interested in raising another man's children. Beyond the financial burden, you've also got the drama of an ex-husband constantly floating around for visitation with the kid. It's just a ton of extra work for zero benefit. If the woman is a widow, that's a different story though. It's just avoiding another man in the picture.

Double-page supporter
@Esper Sounds tough. But no reason for her to treat her daughter like shit. She is a toxic mother. I saw the raw thumbs seems like it will get interesting soon.

Dex-chan lover
@brainman It's not specific to japan. That happens a lot in the US too... The concept of having kids from a previous relationship is a huge deal, something they think may overshadow a new potential relationship and stop it before it starts, so keeping quiet on having kids often becomes a discussion for only after both parties seem sufficiently interested in each other, or they've shown an interest in children in general. It goes for both single mothers and fathers, though I don't really know the ratio of how often it happens.

Dex-chan lover
Customer service, huh? And the first customer we see her dealing with is a Karen. No wonder she became such a bitch to her daughter. And I'm only half joking.

Dex-chan lover
When did the mom start working at a convenience store? I thought she was an OL

This could've ended with the mother giving her for adoption, but I don't think it would be that easy as she is thinking of her daughter more now, even a little.

She wanted to have a family she could be proud of...but when her husband left her, she treated her daughter like a burden. Seems like she is the part of the family that a person couldn't be proud of.

Double-page supporter
For the people that said her actions were unjustifiable, now you see that it is much more justifiable
She went through a breakdown, pressuring those around her unconsciously (especially her own daughter)
The fact that she has a job and hasn't thrown away her daughter is already proof that she's at least trying to make a better life/moving on

Users who are viewing this thread