Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Vol. 5 Ch. 36

I really, really, really love the dynamic between the mother and daughter, granted I haven't been properly keeping up with the chapters so I don't know every detail and dialogues. You'd assume the daughter, having the mind of an adult, would be able to, kind of 'solve' or 'mend' her relationship better because she has the experience of an adult. It isn't that simple however, and regardless of your age, you'll act differently because of the power dynamic, and just you know, even adult would logically find it a bit awkward to confront the mother on her issues too! Mending a relationship isn't as straightforward as saying the right words, and it really shows. I at least for this part love how the author is using the reincarnation trope properly.

Group Leader
Exactly how can she sue him? Did he do anything illegal? Is adultery illegal in Japan? If she was threatening to tell his wife that would be blackmail which IS illegal.

Dex-chan lover
@Esper
Is adultery illegal in Japan?
Yes you can sue people for adultery in Japan.

https://oharalaw-japan.com/2016/10/03/possible-sue-someone-adultery-japan/

Double-page supporter
Oof, better to leave her some to breathe first cause trying to comfort her after something that's mentally damaging like that is a double-edged sword
Though at least she didn't hit her own child this time which means she at least has some form of control over her current mental state which is commendable for a single mother who basically found out she got duped by a cheating a**hole

Triple chap drop on Xmas! Thanks for the gift FE! But this definitely not a happy Xmas for Marika chan and her heavily depressed mom apparently...

Group Leader
@boag If I'm reading that right, it seems like only the guy's wife could sue for adultery... and sue both of them, even though Marika's mother had no idea the guy was cheating.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan im a bit confused... liking her mother? Weird. Ive thought "theres no way i cant get to like her mother" meant that i dont like her. Maybe im wrong?
Also, not sure where was it that Takae ever said it was ok for him to bring woman home to drink. I guess we'll find out next chapter and she'll probably pop up with they drunk at "her house".

Double-page supporter
I understand that the mother wasn't exactly treating her right in the beginning, but she certainly did not deserve this shit from that guy. I feel sorry for her even if she hasn't been the best mother. Unfortunately, I feel her self-hate will spiral and she'll hurt both her and the MCs. I honestly hope that things can turn around for her.

Group Leader
Mother of the year hm?
Oh well she's broken, I do understand that, hoe she can get the kindness she's getting instead of living on the hatred

Dex-chan lover
Oh thank god i thought my Christmas was gonna be happy

Dex-chan lover
@ PsychoTheRabbit
Exactly.
You said "theres no way i cant get to like her mother at this point" meaning you will get to like the Mother doesn't matter what now. When I first read your reply I thought I had read it wrong at first but then I saw you still used the negative "can't" meaning that "there is no way to not get to like her mother at this point".
Maybe there is something I'm not getting in the phrasing but as far as I know that is it. A double negative.

No, she never said specifically to take people to drink in their home but she did said to him to not act like they are married when there is other people around, there is also that looking from his perspective they are young girls that are friends with his daughter and one is his kohai from work. He clearly don't see that as a romantic encounter or anything like that.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean that is 100% a selfish woman, sure she got fooled and nobody deserves that, but she got with that guy out of pure selfishness and she is showing it right now. She didn't care for starting a new family for here daughter she just wanted a man to not feel alone. You don't have to throw your womanhood just because you are a mother. But your priorities and responsibilities as a parent should at the least be sufficiently met. And this woman has clearly never care about here daughter's happiness and development. She is unredeemable at this point being cheated on does not justify neglecting and being abusive towards your child. Takae should better asses the situation and report this and be taken to foster care so as even if she ever leaves Marikas body she would not live under such harsh situations.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, she was trying to be a proper parent, but for some reason she attracts negative attention.

Dex-chan lover
Just fucking eat the omurice and stop lashing out on your daughter you fucking idiot. Not her fault that guy is a shithead. You two should be looking at each other for support instead of alienating one another like before

Contributor
If the dominoes continue to fall,
her mother is going to find out about the 'strange adult man' that Marika's been visiting frequently.
And then we'll see the complete nervous breakdown of the mother.

Dex-chan lover
@daniel345 @Sonaldo
she's spiraling

by pushing away people who care about her, it means she can't feel connected to them. that means the connection can't be broken. A 'you can't lose what you don't have' kind of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread