Tsutte Tabetai Gal Sawa-san - Ch. 1 - Gyaru and Tai Rubber

The translation was a bit off from what I've seen. Been visiting Masaru Channel and Kimagure Cook for years, and the part on page 41 where 'don't damage the blood vessel' was definitely mistranslated, as well as the followup on page 42 'wash thoroughly with a toothbrush that is difficult to use'.

The correct translation should be 'tear the blood vessel open' and 'scrub thoroughly with a toothbrush that you don't use anymore'.

Dex-chan lover
TL-san, the correct English translation of "Awase" is "Set the hook." So, "Don't set the hook!"

Of course, instead of the note you gave for awase, you would probably have to explain what it means. It's a sharp jerk you do as the fish bites, to drive the hook into their jaw. With some species, you have to do this or the fish will spit the lure out, but with other species, if you do it, you'll lose the fish. It's one of the more annoying aspects of fishing for a beginner, so it's natural for a teacher to tell you whether to set the hook or not.

Group Leader
The translation was a bit off from what I've seen. Been visiting Masaru Channel and Kimagure Cook for years, and the part on page 41 where 'don't damage the blood vessel' was definitely mistranslated, as well as the followup on page 42 'wash thoroughly with a toothbrush that is difficult to use'.

The correct translation should be 'tear the blood vessel open' and 'scrub thoroughly with a toothbrush that you don't use anymore'.
I'm sorry. Why didn't I think of that. I'll fix it right away
I thought he either said, "if i damage the blood vessel" or "after damaging the blood vessel"
So I thought it was the first one and localized it.
Since "Kizu" is the kanji for injury.

Last edited:
Group Leader
TL-san, the correct English translation of "Awase" is "Set the hook." So, "Don't set the hook!"

Of course, instead of the note you gave for awase, you would probably have to explain what it means. It's a sharp jerk you do as the fish bites, to drive the hook into their jaw. With some species, you have to do this or the fish will spit the lure out, but with other species, if you do it, you'll lose the fish. It's one of the more annoying aspects of fishing for a beginner, so it's natural for a teacher to tell you whether to set the hook or not.
I didn't know if it had an actual word in English since I couldn't find anything on Jisho

Dex-chan lover
Ah such a wholesome story, didn't need the nipples in chapter one, but then it takes a dark turn with blackmail.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't know if it had an actual word in English since I couldn't find anything on Jisho
The dictionary form is "awaseru". It might be the correct conjugation in the sentence you found it, since "awase" is the mizenkei of "awaseru".

Dex-chan lover
Already into it. Affectionate gyarus are top 5.

(In no order: Gyarus, Sharktooth Girls, Sukeban / Delinquent gals, Muscular Girls (with gap cuteness), and [haven't decided])

sigh she seemed nice and this seemed cute... then they had to throw blackmail into it.
That's super light blackmail. I doubt she was really serious, it was probably because he was panicking and flop-sweating over everything. If you look at that panel there's 0% maliciousness.

If she had a tsundere personality, then yeah, it'd be warranted. This is like a baby kitten getting ready to pounce on your foot because you're moving it under a blanket.

Fed-Kun's army
Hollup... Let him fish.

Thanks for translating this peak! :win: :win: :win:

Dex-chan lover
Already into it. Affectionate gyarus are top 5.

(In no order: Gyarus, Sharktooth Girls, Sukeban / Delinquent gals, Muscular Girls (with gap cuteness), and [haven't decided])

That's super light blackmail. I doubt she was really serious, it was probably because he was panicking and flop-sweating over everything. If you look at that panel there's 0% maliciousness.

If she had a tsundere personality, then yeah, it'd be warranted. This is like a baby kitten getting ready to pounce on your foot because you're moving it under a blanket.
I also figure she's not serious, but if not, then she's painfully irresponsible and insensitive. Joking or not, from his perspective, it can very much be legitimate and risk his entire livelihood. I consider his panic valid. He doesn't know this girl outside of being a gyaru he met one time and being the daughter of the person who can end everything for him on a whim, and she just threatened to blackmail him. Malicious or not, he has every right to be scared.

Users who are viewing this thread