Tsuyokute New Saga - Vol. 8 Ch. 68

Dont tell me that black wing demon king was him from another timeline , and he was in timeline when he become demon lord?

Fed-Kun's army
just a disclaimer here, I haven't read ahead (if the story's even available in another format with more progression I don't know about it) so this is NOT spoilers, just me musing about the story so far and conjecture about last boss guy's nature...also it's pretty wordy and could be entirely wrong if I misremembered/overlooked something, it's been a while since I did a full read through...
so I get the whole he's not the final boss thing has been stated before, but so far there's been repeated evidence he's the same type of existence as the final boss...which makes me wonder just how many cycles of time have passed? presumably this should be at LEAST the third timeline if that is the case, since original cycle (presumably very bad things happened) --> more cycles? --> MANY more cycles? --> cycle MC interrupted --> current cycle
and given what we've been told about time travel it kinda makes sense too, after all it's supposed to be super hard to travel back in time, with one strong mage's mana being worth less than a second (or alternatively the ritualized sacrifice of HALF THE HUMAN RACE only buys you enough mana for a couple years time jump), but in theory, if you could start the war and build a mountain of sacrifices in less than the time you gain by doing so, you'd be able to slowly but steadily travel back in time and presumably get stronger each time due to the soul fusing effect (and maybe jump just a little bit further each time as that gives more power and experience+more power presumably lets you rerun the process that much more efficiently)...barring the luck of some random interloper (aka MC) you'd be able to travel at least the full duration of your life, which if last boss is a demon to begin with might be centuries or even millennia, it'd probably take hundreds if not thousands of cycles, and you'd pretty much have to be nuts at the start to not go insane from all the time jump stacking memories of the same people over and over and over and over... and the soul corruption that results from the fusing, but eventually you'd be able to undo something you truly regretted
also, technically speaking, if he actually succeeded, he might even come off as a decent person in the end, because the time travel jump > time of slaughter, he'd have not caused any lasting harm to anyone except himself (since everything but him gets reset again with the final time skip)
now I realize that would in turn beg the question of why said baddie is still up to no good in THIS time line, and to that the simple answer is, since the spell wasn't actually ready yet but accidentally got fired off by MC after the fight, it wasn't at full strength and thus put him AFTER the point last boss reset to in that cycle
that also indirectly explains where the dragon heart mana crystal thing came from despite no one currently knowing what happened to it, it was found who knows how many decades/centuries into the future and as both the focus point of the spell and power source it got sent back with last boss through the resets (sure he could have found it in the more recent future and just no one knew he was looking/where it was and that part was just luck, but that seems too random to fit given what all else this dude managed so far without even showing up in person)

@KazarianFhas Seran was established as stronger than Kail from quite a while ago, not sure why it's news to you xD

Without Kail's advantage over his peers in terms of experience he would be way behind Seran in terms of both prowess and effectiveness, since Seran relies less on having good equipment and being prepared.

Dex-chan lover
@ska14bt

Can you point me where I can read these spoilers? I'm kinda feeling Kail's starting to be underwhelming... he should be stronger now with his foreknowledge and higher capacity but he still seems to struggle with opponents he beat before and Seran the supposed "sidekick" still exceeds him.

Wouldn't mind to see how far Kail efs up in situations to see if I should still continue reading this

Dex-chan lover
I'm calling it. I've called it since the first time I read this manga. I bet that that black-winged dude is himself.

@DerpySausage
"it is established that he was the strongest of his peers in his previous life", he equalled his peers in his previous life, there is no reason he should be their equal again with significantly more experience and years of headstart in his training this time around.

Dex-chan lover
@InsaneInsomniac
What if the author’s denial of the idea the MC was going to become the final boss was merely semantics? A *technically* moment, just to try and throw off readers?

Dex-chan lover
@feha
If you really want to nitpick, the main character isn't even really a hero persay. He's just started down the path because of his thirst for revenge against the demons. Things just sort of happened and he became the rallying point for their group of like-minded vengeance seekers.
It's mainly the sword, which has that spirit boy(?) in it, that makes him more or less hero-like. Outside of that, though, he's just a man/boy trying to stop calamity.
Does that mean he's still the hero in the new timeline? Hard to say.

Aggregator gang
Plot twist, they found out he have limited lifespan and cursed him(or made his soul change him) with immortality just to challenge him again.

Or sought out his future reincarnation and found him and attacked while he is a boy and still have not remembered.

Double-page supporter
@Talismaster That would immediately turn this story from okay into complete trash, specifically laying out a rule for the world you made then reneging on it and going, "Haha! I was just saying that to throw you off." isn't good story writing, it's just lazy crap.

I'm desperately hoping that that it isn't the case, but I'm pretty sure it is.

If the villain is him from another timeline, he cannot be killed because otherwise the villain dies together for having a bond in souls. The siderkick will kill mc at his request in the end I believe.

the foreshadowing of the hero being the ultimate villain is just so frequent in this one xD

Dex-chan lover
The development of the Serandome is one of my favorite parts of this manga. 😂

Dex-chan lover
demon queen is interested on the great great great x 10 child of her former lover

I do not think the black winged demon is kail at all. I think it s a bait / red herring

I think they have similar souls because the guy did time travel before.

Perhaps the plot will move into kail doing shit with questionable butterfly effects ( like with zentos and the lizard ) and getting tempted into doing the same as the black wings did, reversing time to try again, since the lifes lost would matter far less in a '' reset '' setting.

The red herring being kail's mental state is getting closer to the guy not being the guy per se. Both failing and wanting the ritual to re-do it

As for the black wings motivation... perhalps it'll be something related to the cult of the goddess? Perhaps he s not a '' demon '' but something more related to the '' god/angel '' side?

Fed-Kun's army
@leaderreborn, the black winged demon is the first prince of the empire.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread