Tsuyokute New Saga - Vol. 8 Ch. 74

Dex-chan lover
Ah, the old Lex Luthor/Superman problem. Though in this case "Superman" stepped back and let humans save themselves.

Dex-chan lover
First he's like: - wtf you gods don't ever help
But then he's like: - don't even try to help that's my wish

1c5723140ccc998363217eef192ca4e3.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Kail YOU MORON !

You could have just asked Maou identity, face and HQ ! (Or even better an artifact to always know Maou location)

You would still have to do the heavy lifting by gathering enough forces to destroyed him but at least maybe you would be able to do it quickly enough to kill him before he became the new Maou in the first place !

(there would also be an easy solution available with that : make a deal with the dragon he defeat : "we can a rematch earlier if you can convince enough dragon to annihilate a certain place..."
I know the story will become shit if it became like that but my problem is the normally Kail is cunning, so why did he make a dumb choice now ?)
You just have to ask for a piece of knowledge, so you have to ask to someone, does it really matter is that someone you ask is a god ?

Double-page supporter
@dkuro Maybe he could have wished for the assistance of a neutral god as his wish. No reason why he couldn't wish for a different god to represent him unless he is unfamiliar with the other gods.

@Owyn He specifically didn't want Melra's help. He wouldn't mind a gods help if they weren't bias towards one faction, but Melra is bias towards humans only so he doesn't want the discrimination of the Melra clan to become more widespread.

Aggregator gang
Interesting new character (goddess)and I like his......her personality already.
That aside, unexpected change of personality there for racist goddess. I don't know how I feel about that 180 seeing how far her followers and believer go to spread her close minded ideals.

Hmm, I was kinda expecting a bit of bitchiness from her after Mc rejected her aid.

That wouldn’t work since Mera efforts would make it so that the other races are shafted. Also there’s no guarantee that she could get another god to help. It seems she’s the only god content with helping after the god’s involvement led to the destruction of the world.

@degeneratefro

Double-page supporter
Gods can't interfere yet that goddess can? So in other words, gods can't interfere but gods can interfere. Makes no sense. Weird addition in this chapter, could have easily went with punished imprisoned evil goddess who has grant wishes to worthy. And she grants those wishes in a way to leave other races discriminated against. MC wish would stop all plan and would make her punishment much much worse.
Now... it is just stupid.

Everybody crying about how he didn't take the easy way out, sorry the hot blooded war hero in this shonen manga didn't do the minmaxed MMORPG build choice. I sure hope you all were appreciating him as a character and not just using him as some sort of Isekei self-insert.

After everything he's seen of Melra, and everything that he's starting to realize might have gone wrong the first time explicitly because of her attempts to "help," his answer makes sense, even if it's not the one I probably would have made. I would have probably asked for some exposition and then told her to stop trying to help because her help isn't helping, instead of the flat-no Chaos path from Shin Megami Tensai, but then I'm not Kail and I respect that. And Kail's answer was definitely the shonen protagonist 'take a third option' answer to that question of a wish, and I respect that too. Some of you autists need to grow up. And Melra's not "stupid," she's just biased, as I'm sure the elven and dwarven gods are also biased, and you're all a bunch of clowns for still trying to parse some kind of argument about racism into this, especially after the revelation we were just given, where all the gods accidentally broke the first world. Sorry one of the moms never really got over it, maybe you should give your own mothers a phonecall and let her know that you still love them.

The only plothole in this is that Cairis didn't really explain why Melra can interfere if the gods supposedly can't interfere, or why Cairis can show up and talk right now. But just because she didn't explain it doesn't mean it's a plothole, it just means we don't currently have an answer to that question, and in-context that's fine, because that answer isn't something Kail needs to know. Since gods make people explode if they possess them for too long, her not going into pointless and unnecessary exposition (from Kail's perspective) makes sense. He doesn't need to know so she didn't bother to tell him. It's not important.

The real takeaway here that almost nobody has noticed is that we were handed another piece of the puzzle as to what's gone wrong with this world. Namely, we have a potential place this new and strange Demon King came from. He's probably from the old world. He seemed to come out of nowhere because he literally did come out of nowhere, and he was able to upend the balance of the world because he knows secrets and has magic that don't exist in this one. He might also still be another time traveler like Kail, and I won't discount that, but the "from the old world" theory is also a strong contender now. Especially since Cairis didn't bother to explain any of the questions Kail asked, but DID tell him about the other world, which means, if we put extra weight onto her choice of topic given her limited amount of speaking time, means that this other world is probably the root of this world's problem and the origin of this Demon King.

Dex-chan lover
@KamiKira00 "Can't" covers a multitude of sins. You "can't" go out on the street and start shooting people at random, yet you could.
Or to give a comparison that perhaps is a bit more in line with why the other gods didn't interfere before, you "can't" take care of every stray cat in the world. If you tried, you would get broke or the ecosystem would. But if someone down your street is a crazy cat lady and has a hundred cats, as long as she keeps them from pooping all over your garden you might not be overly bothered about it?

Y’all are stupid lmao

Have you even read the chapter? Hell, the MANGA?

What an arrogant wish

Its like taking a wooden stick as a weapon then charging to no man's land

Well, it's a surprise just illogical to me
you can't save whole humanity with just 1 party

I hope next chapters will be about uniting humanity and MC party member as army commander at least

Supporter
Ah, so the gods are fucking idiots.

They fucked up with *way too many* miracles and coddling in the first world and it got destroyed, so they MASSIVELY backtracked with *none at all* in the second world, SO MUCH SO that they won't intervene even if only to PREVENT THE DESTRUCTION of the second world!

Why he told Melra to shut up? Well, indeed because she do more harm than good. Like:
1. Dragons on the side of Demons in the first war was explicitly her fault. (No, "it was her cult, not her" do not work when she refuse to reign them in).
2. I don't believe even for a second that cultist weren't involved in the length of imperial civil war because they hate them for their equalist policies, which resulted in initial confusion in time of Demon invasion.
3. In this one they poison one of the best defenders Humans have for her convoluted plots and it's not even cult, it's explicitly her being stupid.

That's just scratching surface. Neither Melra nor her cult want to win. They want to win on THEIR terms. And it's just plain too dangerous.

This could likely be the stupidest decision Kail would take in the whole manga. Not using gods' powers is... beyond merely stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Now that's beyond her border, but what about harem application for her...😗

Users who are viewing this thread