Uchi no Kaisha no Chiisai Senpai no Hanashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
Don't let this distract you from the fact that Chief was here alone with his own coworker.

Dex-chan lover
@pajamawolfie
you may be surprised to learn that there are a lot of people who give zero fucks about the whole jesus story

they only have christmas because the christians won, so they have to have christmas and it's almost exclusively a social thing

and santa outfits. mostly santa outfits

Dex-chan lover
Well, even the various Christian denominations aren't actually celebrating Christ's birthday on Christmas by all accounts (I remember one thing saying it should've been more into the deep end of January and another that said it may have even been in the freakin' summer just based on little details and stuff in the bible itself). Back in the day, they kind of just coopted an existing pagan holiday and its traditions and tacked his name onto it because they wanted to ease people into changing religions by keeping shit somewhat the same or something, I guess? It was practically a business decision if anything, to get more customers as it were. There's also a similar reason why Easter has bunnies and eggs for its imagery despite supposedly now being about when he came out of that cave as zombie Jesus or whatever that all was. Pretty sure Easter was originally a fertility thing. Hence rabbits and eggs. The particular rabbit hole (ha) on this subject kind of just keeps going further and further so I'm gonna drop it here.

Dex-chan lover
The couple that stalks together stays together.
Chief has secured himself a non-stop cosplay show for life.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro And you would be wrong on that much at least, on all accounts: Religious Christians DO celebrate Jesus' birth at Christmas, even if it's commonly agreed that His actual birth probably happened at a different time. There are special liturgies, Vespers, the works. It's just that the capitalistic side of the holiday has well and truly overtaken all religious undertones, same as many others.

Supporter
Never thought I'll personally say something like this, but capitalism and west completely changed (screw, if you ask religious people) the view on Christmas and Easter. Bunny/rabbit was never connected to Easter here on Balkan. Santa got here because of Coca-Cola. We (Christians around here, count me out) celebrate Christmas as a Jesus Christ's birthday even though we do not think he was born on that day. Easter is about Christ's resurrection and while rabbits weren't tied to the celebration, eggs were. Beats me why, when I cared I didn't have internet and those that I asked said something along the "eggs == new life". EDIT: Quick search tells that eggs, as well as fertility and rebirth in general, simbolise Christ's empty tomb for Christians.

Sanguinala Saturnalia was being held from 17th to 23rd December and some Pope decided "lets celebrate Christ's birth on 25th" since it's close to a major celebration and it'd be easier to make others "switch" religion aka sound business decision.

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka

I'm not surprised. I know in Japan that Christmas is a romantic / couples holiday, but I'd never heard of the "six hours for sex" part. I do know KFC's a big deal though.

I'm in the deep South in the USA, so lots of emphasis on Jesus here. Plenty of Santa too. Japan's not a Christian nation (or at least not one with roots in Christianity) so it makes sense that Jesus's birthday wouldn't be a big deal there since there aren't as many Christians. Like, the Lunar New Year is no big deal where I live. Most people don't know when it is or what the zodiac animal is that year. Or anything about blood type fortune telling. I don't know my own blood type. I was surprised to see blood type listed in so many manga characters' profiles, and I didn't learn why for a long time.

Not offended or trying to start trouble, but I just hadn't heard of that part before.

Dex-chan lover
@pajamawolfie
no man, being polite is the way to go, particularly if you don't know about shit. every now and again someone on here will surprise you and be pleasant about it

the six hours for/of sex thing is because if you chose to be with someone that isn't your literal family, you def trying to fuck. So, straight from out of work to sleep time, trying to get laid.

also we know you get married you fuckers, just do irrevocable damage to that shortstack already

Dex-chan lover
The chief is trying to be the best wing man ever and this guy keeps messing it up

Me

Dex-chan lover
Chief! We know you ship it, but if you ruin the mood like that they're never gonna get anywhere!

Fed-Kun's army
I like these office romance stories, but don't actually have one. The second you have a fight at home, or the office, it is going to follow you to the other and affect that too.

Users who are viewing this thread