Uchi no Kuro Madoushi ga Kawaisugiru! - Ch. 3

Supporter
@Rillant Will you guys continue this series under this title / MD entry? Or are y
To clarify: the series was planned as a 3 chapter short, but the response was so immense they chose to continue as a full serialization. There won't be a restart or new version, the series already continued with chapter 4 (continuing where this chapter left off) which released on Monday in Japan. We're working on the translation of it and hope to release it soon!
Will you make a new MD entry or just continue in this one? Since this chap was marked as "end" I don't know how it works.

e: as I wrote this you posted the above comment so nevermind.

Dex-chan lover
This was fantastic as a 3 chapter adventure, but I would be beyond excited for more

Dex-chan lover
So this is what shoujo manga is like? I can now understand what women think when reading shounen.
The experience is at least a little different because shounen manga ironically has broad appeal and intrusions of shoujo influence, whereas the shoujo scene seemingly lacks both broad appeal and intrusions of shounen influence to the same extent.

That said, sometimes, it's really fun to see how a woman goes about penning stuff for girls and women. All at once, there's culture shock and a sense of familiarity. There's a strange comfort in knowing that many girls, not unlike many boys, want to be adored by several people of the opposite sex all at once despite being all but plain themselves.

And it's outright fascinating to know that there are women who pen things like onee/shota (or even more broadly, older woman/younger man) and that there are enough girls and women who consume that stuff, even if the male leads in those are still taking the lead much like the usual shoujo romcom male leads.

Still, I personally tend to feel the work put into demographic targeting... when I pick up a shounen or seinen manga, I've noticed that I'm usually thinking "hey, this looks kind of cool". When I pick up a shoujo or josei manga, I'm inclined to think "this manga has specific tropes I like"-- it's a far more specific and conscious thought.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
The experience is at least a little different because shounen manga ironically has broad appeal and intrusions of shoujo influence, whereas the shoujo scene seemingly lacks both broad appeal and intrusions of shounen influence to the same extent.

That said, sometimes, it's really fun to see how a woman goes about penning stuff for girls and women. All at once, there's culture shock and a sense of familiarity. There's a strange comfort in knowing that many girls, not unlike many boys, want to be adored by several people of the opposite sex all at once despite being all but plain themselves.

And it's outright fascinating to know that there are women who pen things like onee/shota (or even more broadly, older woman/younger man) and that there are enough girls and women who consume that stuff, even if the male leads in those are still taking the lead much like the usual shoujo romcom male leads.

Still, I personally tend to feel the work put into demographic targeting... when I pick up a shounen or seinen manga, I've noticed that I'm usually thinking "hey, this looks kind of cool". When I pick up a shoujo or josei manga, I'm inclined to think "this manga has specific tropes I like"-- it's a far more specific and conscious thought.
Dude wtf, several shounen have the female characters falling in love with MC because he acted cool or showed any sign of being "kind"

Fed-Kun's army
To clarify: the series was planned as a 3 chapter short, but the response was so immense they chose to continue as a full serialization. There won't be a restart or new version, the series already continued with chapter 4 (continuing where this chapter left off) which released on Monday in Japan. We're working on the translation of it and hope to release it soon!
Will you still translate it?

Dex-chan lover
Dude wtf, several shounen have the female characters falling in love with MC because he acted cool or showed any sign of being "kind"
I never talked about that in the comment you're quoting. I'm not sure what you mean to respond to.

Dex-chan lover
Glad to know it's continuing. Actually, I kind of expected it cause this kind of shoujo trope, people in Japan are gonna eat this up. Also, the three chapters for this were really good. A bit lacking in building the background but it's understandable since author probably didn't expect it to get a continuation.

Also, this reminds me of that one meme, girl speaks to me for 5 seconds, me in my mind:
Untitled.png
I see that he seems to have blonde people in his ancestry, so the recessive trait comes out in his kids.

But either way, a boy can dream, it is fine. (Even if a girl can be flustered by it.)

Users who are viewing this thread