Uchi no Musuko wa Tabun Gay

Omg this is so wholesome... 😄
I really hope we get to see her meeting Daigo when he comes to visit them to "take responsibility" for her son!

Fed-Kun's army
So it becomes something where even if the manga isn't the greatest, a 10 is a sign of support and a balance...Imma bet 9/10 of the people giving this 10s don't actually think it's a 10

This is exactly how I vote lmao

Fed-Kun's army
@thanatos
Was gonna say balance as expected of thanos, but youre thanatos the Greek god of death(iirc).

What is your personal rating of this manga if you dont mind me asking?

Power Uploader
@OniBarubary
"But my side is only doing it against the baddies and is justified"
And the other side will say the same thing, that they're only giving it a 1 to counteract those that give it a 10 for no other reason than that it features a gay character.

The score is obviously quite inconsequential; I'm just pointing out that that most scores this receives are 1s and 10s probably indicates this; and I'm not taking a side in this and think both are æqually idiotic.

Dex-chan lover
@trapsarebetter I mean...yes? I know it's hip and cool to not care about anything and determine that everyone else is dumb and that the middle is the place to be, but if you're saying that one side of bigots rating 1s on a gay manga because ew gays are the same as people rating 10 on a gay manga for more positive representation, when the manga is neither a 1 nor a 10, then I don't know if anyone is ever going to give you an explanation that you'll find satisfactory. I mean, in an ideal world yeah, it'd get an appropriate rating for what it is with people voting accurately on what they feel it's quality is. But we don't live in that world? So acting like we do and ignoring the context of the actual world is a bit...rough?

Almost every manga on this site has these sort of back and forths of 1s and 10s. This shit isn't any different because it's a gay manga, just the reasons behind why it's getting those are different. And I think one side is obviously more idiotic than the other. Not every argument, problem or discussion has equally right or wrong sides. Sometimes one side of a disagreement is just wrong.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Power Uploader
@OniBarubary
>the middle

The middle? As usual the fault is the assumption that there are only two polar extremes and anyone who agrees with neither falls in between them? If I call both dumb I'm not "in the middle"; I'm outside of it; both are closer to each other than they are to my position as far as I'm concerned, and exactly for the reasons you display here which are also displayed by the other side of this conflict: the constant tribalism and assumption that anyone that there are only two sides and everyone who agrees not with you must agree with your greatest enemy.

>but if you're saying that one side of bigots rating 1s on a gay manga because ew gays are the same as people rating 10 on a gay manga for more positive representation, when the manga is neither a 1 nor a 10, then I don't know if anyone is ever going to give you an explanation that you'll find satisfactory.

A "bigot" here is someone that dislikes it for no other reason than featuring a gay character; I see no reason why that is different than liking it for no other reason than it featuring a gay character — I consider both as dumb as the other.
Nor do I consider the repræsentation "positive"; the lead gay character is an idiot, a lovable idiot, though an idiot all the same; the sane man in this story is the parent, obviously.

>Almost every manga on this site has these sort of back and forths of 1s and 10s. This shit isn't any different because it's a gay manga, just the reasons behind why it's getting those are different. And I think one side is obviously more idiotic than the other. Not every argument, problem or discussion has equally right or wrong sides. Sometimes one side of a disagreement is just wrong.

Not nearly to this extremity, and many that feature a lot of 10s actually have something that is really good about them. As I said, the problem with this is that it has really nothing going for it except featuring a gay character. It is extremely rare for a series to have twice the 10s as it does the 9s, and slightly more 1s than it does 9s — this is not a distribution frequently encountered, especially for something as average as this. Look around on this site; the distribution is quite abnormal.

Fed-Kun's army
Nor do I consider the representation "positive"; the lead gay character is an idiot, a lovable idiot, though an idiot all the same...
I personally see a lovable idiot as positive when considering the alternatives: no representation at all or just an annoying person overall(see lesbian trope in harem manga).

Just my $0.02.

Power Uploader
@arkserion really now? I'm pretty sure I read quite a lot that is neither of those. Such as some of my very favorite characters such Yukimori from Queen's Artist, Lucia from Adam in Puberty, Sion from Prunus Girl, or Crown Prince Ahmad bin Shaya from Syounen Princess that are a lot more interesting characters with more dept and portrays as generally awesome at life, instead of a teenager so very insecure about his sexual identity, who constantly goofs up and fails to realize that his parent clearly gives no fucks.

Fed-Kun's army
@trapsarebetter
Maybe you are misunderstanding me, or I am misunderstanding you.

I did not mean that all lesbians are annoying when I stated "annoying person overall(see lesbian trope...)". I can now see how it can be seen like that and that is my bad. What I meant is lesbian characters who are possessive of their love interest and are used to create unnecessary drama. Kinda vague but I hope you get what I meant. Hard for me to communicate my thoughts lmao.

lot more interesting characters...instead of a teenager so very insecure about his sexual identity, who constantly goofs up and fails to realize that his parent clearly gives no fucks.
I will agree about the more interesting characters, but that will not change how I view having a lovable idiot as a good thing in a warm hearted(??) manga, than not. So agree to disagree I guess XD

Sidenote: Nice recommends tho. I've read Prunus Girl and Adam in Purberty(tho I barely rmb it compared to Prunus Girl XD). Will check out the others.

Fed-Kun's army
This comment section spat is stupid. The manga is not terrible but it's also not good. The problem is that it rehashes one joke that's been done since the 60s and still doesn't do it as well.

It's also annoying that the punchline is just "I'm gay, wait, no I'm not" every time. A bit of variety in the exact punchline would help, though I have a feeling this author might not be able to do that tactfully.

Power Uploader
@gormadoc That's pretty much exactly what I said in this comment section spat, though — I can't say I'm looking forward much to each new release, but I'll read it when I've nothing better to do, because it also doesn't really require much attention.

Mr. Humphries was funnier, indeed.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sorry that the plot hasn't developed for *checks chapter list* 5 chapters. I guess it's too repetitive.

Users who are viewing this thread