Umi no Cradle - Vol. 4 Ch. 23.5 - Epilogue

Dex-chan lover
"I am pretty sure in the meme translation before this Evan called Monica, mother and by president what does it mean? Like the chairman of an organization? A company?"
-Eonlars

@Eonlars
Mother was more of a term for cult leader. She's the "mother" of the cult.
President... There's probably a naval oriented association so the captain of The Lady got up to being the president and manager of all the boats in the harbor.

Dex-chan lover
"@mctrash Ah, the president makes sense but the mother doesn't. There isn't a cult and a thing like that, I thought Evan called Monica mother because she might have married her master but I suppose that translation was a meme one so the original must be without saying mother.

@Eonlars
That was the joke. For April fools, the joke was that the characters were such cradle fanatics they turned into a cult, a boat cult where they become boats and sail the open sea with Monica, the founder of the cult, being the mother ship.

Dex-chan lover
@mctrash Ah thank you for explaining, I skipped through that one as it was a joke translation.

Contributor
Thank you for your hard work, the results are lovely.

Question: the other volumes have extras entitled "Their Thoughts at the Time," one per chapter. Is this volume an exception? If not, is there any plan to translate them?

I really wanted some more Monica x Louis but I suppose it’s not that kind of manga after all. I’d love if they just got a page or two or mention of marriage though. Other than that, I had lovely memories with this series and am glad to see it finally finished!

Double-page supporter
Oh nice, I was just reading this recently back and hoping someone will pick up the last few chapters.

That ending sure was nice... though it was kinda rushed :/ I mean that happened to the doctor's daughter? And a little bit more backstory about Tony, Schmidt, Gil, and Charless would've been nice too..

Group Leader
Feels like it was a rushed end sadly, many pieces missing from the story.
However, even though rushed, it's still a nice way to wrap it up.

Contributor
The story was paced well (so exciting the whole way through! Really makes you feel the rush of the Industrial Revolution and the open sea) and wrapped up really nicely, but gosh I would have liked another volume of just the Cradle's adventures on the sea 😭 The author has made me fall in love with the characters in so little time and I really will miss them. Would have liked to see Monica and Louis romance, but this isn't that type of shoujo manga, alas.

Users who are viewing this thread