Unable to login via username

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Um odd issue. From 2 days ago I've started being unable to login if I used my Username rather than my email address.

Password is not wrong since it worked with email address.

And my username is kinda simple for me not stuff typing it repeatedly.

Caps/Spaces at the end: does not affect results

Solution
Hopefully final update to this:
Tristan 9 said on Discord: ->

We identified and corrected the issue to the best of our ability.
We will keep actively monitoring things for the next little while but it seems all fixed.

Some users managed to sign-up accounts with duplicated usernames during the incident, and will find themselves with a username in the form invalid-user-.........
Contact us by email at support@mangadex.org to get it changed, or make a new account.
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
At the time of writing i believe there have been 12 people on discord with the same problem and worked for all of them when they tried using their email instead, and seems to happen both on the login screen and the password reset form, a couple tried to reset their password but nothing ever happened when they tried with their username (And, not sure if it makes a difference or not but out of the 12: 7 had underscores in their name, 1 didn't, 4 unknown )

I-O said on Discord: ->

I can't able to login with username anymore. Till yesterday it worked fine. Email works fine. Browser data is cleared with every exit.
Fenrir said on Discord: ->

I got an API error when I tried to see updates for my follows, logged out thinking relog might fix it, and now I'm locked out of my account. "Invalid username or password."
! Need KTLs said on Discord: ->

I tried to login to my account, however it isn't working for me. It isn't taking in the password I had set for it and shows that I entered incorrect password, which to the best of my knowledge is correct.
Berry said on Discord: ->

cant signin to mangadex account
Life, Death, and Taxes said on Discord: ->

I had the same login issue and was able to log in successfully, but before checking this channel and finding the solution I did a password reset and the email hasn't arrived.
Grog said on Discord: ->

I also had an issue with logging in with my username, as well as resetting my password. Logging in with my email worked though after I tried that.
brionac said on Discord: ->

I used to be able to log in with my user name but just now I had to log in with email address
Khaine_88 said on Discord: ->

it's impossible for me to log in
UnlimitedBW said on Discord: ->

I have the same problem, but Email works like with the others. My username also has Underscores
Vertigo said on Discord: ->

How come when I went into md I can’t sign in to my account?? I’m using the same password and username that I have always used and has not changed it
MR.MOUSE said on Discord: ->

Hi! I'm having the same problem recently
SanTech said on Discord: ->

im having the same problem, and the reset form isnt working for me as well

Last edited:

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
thanks for that

We'll see if we can turn on more granular logging on our auth server so we can find out whats going on.

I had a similar problem, it wouldn't recognize my ID on my iPad but I was still logged in on my desktop. When I logged out of site on my desktop I got the same error. I stupidly reset my password forgetting I'd put in a burner email after the breach and, well I think it deleted my account. I re-registered and it didn't complain when I reused the same ID.

Not sure if related: now using the new account, and old ID, nothing loads except the title pages.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
@I_eat_manga & general update.

(Announcement) said on Discord: ->

We're having some difficulties with the login system.

Your account wasn't lost and the site isn't down or breaking.
It's a bug. And we are looking into it.

Try logging in by email/password if your username/password doesn't work.

If that doesn't work, make sure you are trying the correct email (in the vast majority cases we manually checked, people misremember).
If that still doesn't work, be patient.

Aye I don't like doing that much but we found the issue, but it makes things even more suspicious.
If you are very familiar with Postgresql and have a bit of time right now, DM me.

Dex-chan lover
can you tell us more? was it fixed on its own or did you change something?
Idk i think It just fixed It self

My username didn't work so i used my gmail
But It only worked after i closed mangadex and reopened the page
Side note for some reason It did't send me a Email when i tryed changeing the password.

THB i have no clue what fixed It but It some what works for now

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Hopefully final update to this:

We identified and corrected the issue to the best of our ability.
We will keep actively monitoring things for the next little while but it seems all fixed.

Some users managed to sign-up accounts with duplicated usernames during the incident, and will find themselves with a username in the form invalid-user-.........
Contact us by email at support@mangadex.org to get it changed, or make a new account.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread