Under the Oak Tree - Ch. 13

She doesn't want to be seen as ignorant, then all the more reason to ask for help

Bruh, I pity her so much, but also, her vibes and worries feels so fresh compare to other noble daugther MC from other series. Can't get enough of it

Dex-chan lover
@Lienette
Did she got scammed?
Yes and no
The merchan didn't scam her in the sense of selling cheap product at high cost but he definitly sell her his best product. He just do his jobs at proposing his best materials first and she never say no so she buy many useless expensive product.

Oh...no... She needs help, but is too afraid to ask for it... But there's also no assurance that if she did ask for help her fears wouldn't come true. HALP!!! SOMEONE HELP HER!!!!!!

Thanks for the translation!!!!

Starting to appreciate how the artist did a bit of research on medieval European clothing; it's a bit rare to see clothes that actually resemble what people wore hundreds of years ago in manhwa like this. My only quibble is how Maxi's hair is always on display; fwiw the other women, such as her maid and the woman with the seamster/tailor, have their hair bound up and hidden under a wimple and a hat respectively. (Also Riftan and the other knights have modern hairstyles, but I don't mind since I'm not a fan of men's hairstyles from hundreds of years ago. πŸ˜†) Then again I'm not sure what century and region this is supposed to be based on, if any.

TL;DR I don't expect historical accuracy in series like this (since the setting probably isn't on Earth anyway), but it's nice to see somewhat historical costumes show up in them just the same.

ahh thank god they kinda condensed the meeting with the merchant and didn't even give him a proper face.. i got so much secondhand embarrassment from the whole castle renovation chapters
until the wizard helps her (i forgot his name lol)

I love this manga so much and I just want Riftan to learn about her past abuse and go crazy already

@atsuhina Ah ah ah! Spoilers! Even if it's a minor one. But yes, watching her get RAN like that was embarrassing. I just want to give the poor girl a hug, she's so lost.

Dex-chan lover
I know that you inferiority complex is almost impossible to cure, but please trust him a little. While you can't ask directly, you can ask him indirectly or roundabout way.

Thanks for updating. Waaaaah 😭😒 our baby maxi is really struggling in so many ways i hope she can talk things to riftan . It is surely hard when you are doing your best but it seems not the best.

I guess the author used the Ottoman Empire as a reference while creating Riftan's country. They call it Anatol which sounds so much like Anatolia and the capital city Edirne was also the capital city of Ottoman Empire for a while, between right now the city is in the boundaries of Turkey and still has the same name. More than that, dirhem, dinar and dane were currencies of the Ottoman Empire. But clothing and architectural are another thing, they definitely don't suit the region. Why did the author choose Ottoman names for an European setting, I don't understand. The other possiblity that the artist doesn't draw the clothing etc according the author's story.

riftan is so cute omg πŸ₯° but also, i just want maxi to realize it's okay to ask for help she deserves it and ppl won't always think less of her πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

thanks & lots of πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Users who are viewing this thread