Under the Oak Tree - Ch. 13

I kinda hope the Manwha goes a bit more into territory management. As much as the relationships are cute, seeing a revamped kingdom or castle is so much more interesting. It's kinda pitiful seeing her bumble and agree to everything the merchant says, but I guess this is part of her development.😔

Fed-Kun's army
She is a little annoying with the way she handles her incompetence. It's perfectly fine that she knows nothing with the way she was brought up and it's also fine that she doesn't want to trouble her husband with everything but she should've asked him to assign her teachers so she can learn things and truly rule with him. Does she expect knowledge to be served to her on a silver platter ? The way she handled things in this chapter with the merchant was awful. Her past lack of knowledge isn't her fault but every moment she spends being ignorant in the present is 100% her fault. Even if she doesn't know that her husband loves her a lot, she should know he would assign her tutors if she asks just so she can do her duty well so even if she doesn't think he'll do it out of love and respect, she should know he'll do it for the good of the territory. In her mind, currently it's either handle things badly or ask someone else. I hope that changes soon.

Again, just so no one hits me with the "she was abused and she wasn't taught things properly" I'm not saying she should be an overpowered genius. It's fine if she fails while making progress but she isn't. Getting a book from the library obviously didn't help so what now

maybe it’s not obvious to everyone but she was emotionally abused by her father and her former
household, it takes longer then a few days to overcome that kind of abuse so she’s gonna take a while to grow into the madame we know she’s capable of being. it’s gonna be a LONG journey so i’d be patient

Dex-chan lover
WHY ARE THEY SO CUTE.

@Akera93
Actually, going to library is fine. She's starting to learn after all, but I prefer it's slow since it is a healing story. I think she doesnt even know what to do.
I feel her tho. I have no idea about business and one day my parent told me "Hey, took care of the inn".
At least I have basic math, lol

@Akera93 From what I remember reading the novel, she does get help learning (the basics) about what to buy from the merchant, currencies, and accounting from the mage who appeared in an earlier chapter; probably in the next one or so.

Dex-chan lover
Oh girl that merchant was totally pulling her along. But within a degree warranted by his position. Still... Poor maxi
Many thanks

Maxi is so adorable. I can't wait to see her boost some self-confidence. Thank you for the release!

I really am enjoying reading this however sometimes it tends to be a little bit annoying. I mean she's stammering every sentence lol even a thank you _. It's pretty annoying sometimes. Even though I know she lacks a lot of confidence and she was abused but... I reallyyyyyy hope she'll be more confident and be able to say a sentence without stammering... Well still enjoying it ☺️

@Akera93 Ah but remember she's worried that if they find out she wasn't raised like a noblewoman then they might be disillusioned. That's why she went to the library on her own. Asking for a tutor would show she doesn't know things she should know. That was the whole point of the chapter.

Not to say that she's doing things right but this is a major problem for people suffering from trauma/abuse.

Asking for help.

So many people out there have problems talking to their family, talking to friends, talking to a professional. She doesn't have any of that. She has a new home and she recognizes that they are different but for someone who suffers from depression it's entirely too easy to fall into the trap of I'm ugly/stupid/etc because their brain has become wired to see only the negative things about themselves. It's not an easy cycle to break out of that's the whole reason we have therapists/psychiatrists/etc for things like this because not everyone can break out on their own.

Dex-chan lover
@Navy- Stammering isn't only a confidence problem, since it can be something you are born with. It's simply part of Maxi. She's under huge pressure to be something she isn't and she needs to be calm and patient to work through her stuttering.

In any case it takes time. She needs to know not only that she's safe, but more importantly that she won't be thrown away for not being the perfect Lady her sister was raised to be.

@Akera93 I guess it seems so to you as the manhwa doesnt really shown it in depth but in the novel the story is flesh out better about how interconnected her current insecurities from her past experiences.
The point in this chapter from the novel, it's her first time ever to handle household when she hardly knows basic currency & its exchange, or basic calculations as she didnt take it seriously when her dad gave her bare minimum education because of his constant abuse & being prefential to her sister. She was made to feel worthless her whole life by the dad & that's where she now at this chapter. And not to mention Riftan & her not being able to properly communicate doesnt help either. There's so much assumptions (follow up with similar tone of dialog) made by both characters towards each others that arent expressed in the manhwa which doesnt depict the reason of her insecurities well.

@Navy- It's possible she'll always stutter. Apparently there's no actual cure for stuttering, just a way of reducing the amount.

And it would depend on what kind of stuttering she has since there's two types. One where there's a problem in the brain (neurological) and one due to psychological problems.

I'm assuming hers is psychological and if it is the author might get rid of it for story's sake but that wouldn't be very realistic. Kind of a hard choice.

I think I'd like her to have a bit of a stutter at the end. To show the stutter had no effect on her ability to be herself and be confident. But getting rid of it would be an easy indicator of her confidence rising. I wonder which one the author will choose.

Users who are viewing this thread