Under the Oak Tree - Ch. 17

Just binged this and released a guttural NOOOO when I'd caught up šŸ˜…
Thank you so much for working so hard on this guys, can't wait for more

And Iā€™m dead.

Thank you for the translation! ā¤ļø

Funny enough, I actually saw this from Manta add lmaoooooo I tot it was just one of those not good sites. Kkkkkkk will try them

aw... I'll think on reading it one the app but I've got low memory on my phone now so I guess I won't.
I'll be looking out for other projects from this team though! they're great.

when will her annoying phrase be over? if only a villainess would just take over this and be gone with it. She doesn't know and doesn't wanna ask...i know she is insecure and all, but if you don't stand up, it eats you and you lost everything you have. i dont care she stutter or anything, its just.... frustrating to look.

Already loving this series^^ Although some people might get quickly annoyed by the timid and stuttering MC, I actually quite enjoy this precious little oldā€™ Maxi.... It really is a nice change of pace from the fearless and strong villainess trope I see a lot nowadays. Not that itā€™s bad thing. I just canā€™t wait to her come more out of her shell, slow or fast))

I like that the author is portraying mental illness in a realistic way. Trying to change when you're stuck in a toxic mindset (especially one that has been enforced by the people around you for all of your life) can be difficult, frustrating, and painfully slow. It's impossible for her to just think "okay, enough of this, I'm going to start standing up for myself now". She spent her whole life being told by her father that she is worthless - it will take a lot of time for her to understand that she is worthy of love, even if she's not "the perfect lady". Right now, Maxi is trying to change, but even her reason for trying to change is unhealthy - she thinks that if she does something to become "a good lady", then maybe when (not if) Riftan stops loving her, he won't abandon her. It's really sad, but it makes a lot of sense, given her past, that she wouldn't even dare to dream that Riftan will love her all her life. I hope that Riftan gives her the unconditional love she deserves, so that she eventually realizes that she is as worthy of love as anyone else.

tl/dr: It makes sense that you find Maxi frustrating; healing from trauma is a slow and frustrating process. But when she does start to heal, it will be even more heart-warming because that slow process makes it much more realistic.

I guess some people in the comments failed to take into consideration that Maxi has been physically, mentally, and emontionally abused since very young. Not even her own mother hugged her. That trauma is not something you can get over with in just a few months even with constant love and care. She has to re-learn everything.

If you want badass female leads right off the bat then this manhwa or novel is not for you. Maxi is strong in her own way because she has survived what her father has put her through. She's doing her best one step at a time.

To those who are saying that Maxi is progressing so slow or not at all and she's being annoying because of her overthinking, you're a dumba$$. You clearly have no idea what it's like to be abused and traumatized. You can't just get over it in just matter of days just because your environment changed. It'll take a lot of time to heal. There'll be a lot of one-step forward, two-step backwards moments too, so don't be expecting Maxi to change in just a few chapters.

Oh heavens Maxi! I just want to wrap you into a bundle, kidnap your husband and shut you lots away as hostages in some too secret place so that you can properly bond, rest up and heal.

I'm shaking with disgust over how she was abused to such point. Shaking with rage, because it has poisoned her with anxiety and sealed her lips. To think she'd manage to ask for help at all in her position is like a miracle. If she was with a very perceptive, stable person she'd at least get some room to breathe. But because she's mostly with very adorable clumsy knights and with servant who are too bound to settle her in, it's really tough on her.

I am a very perceptive person and often end up with people who struggle with things. And it's striking how very few people seem to be able to gasp these struggles (even when they go through the same thing in blue, in green). And there's even fewer who understand how being in a loving environment can end up being even worse than in a bad environment.

In a bad environment at least their perception of inside and outside aligns. But in kind surroundings, all shadows grow longer. The need to please and to not burden becomes suffocating and while there's finally hope for help, the fear of opening up and earning a lethal blow is enormously bigger.

If noone gasps the situation and figures out what it takes, she might as well die with stress. Just like an animal that was taken home to save it but which ends up actually what takes the last chance for survival (it's not like this for all animals. Yet for some it is).

She needs someone to read her and to give her means to learn how to help herself. She needs the tasks on her plate portioned at the beginning and then she needs to be shown everyone's affections AND all their adorable edge and corners of things they're not good at. So that she can ease herself out of her enormous expectations towards her own progress.

Hopefully we'll see a wonderful journey of embracing herself and doing so in her pace and in tune with her every state.

Users who are viewing this thread